Tuesday Travel Tip: Five traveller scams to watch out for in Thailand

webfact

32 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

They probably don't work for a travelers guide company, and I didn't see one mentioned in the article.

Read the quote I quoted in the post of mine you initially quoted...

The one where I said the company name didn't inspire confidence...

That is the name of the company that caused me to stop reading...

Just because it's an internet entity doesn't make it any less a company...

Edited by Bluespunk

On 5/15/2018 at 7:30 AM, thedan663 said:

Tons of people come to Thailand to see things other than hookers. It's not the top scam. And it takes far more common sense to not be victim to that scam than others.

What? Did you just state that it takes far more common sense to not fall in love with a hooker and give away all you have, then it will take to recognize the border scam as an example?

Even a person with no common sense would be able to understand not to fall in love with a hooker and sign all the world into her name. 

If you are an idiot, of course you will be scammed. Not only Thailand but any country. In the US, my phone would ring constantly with scam crap. I lived in the Philippines where every day I was approached with morons trying to take my money with some stupid scam. Just enjoy yourself and be smart. Don't think with your pekker. Watch out for each other and respect everyone as you are in their country and must obey their rules. Be kind and do not be flashy. Dress moderately and you will be fine. I lived in the north where the people were very friendly and kind. Just remember. If it walks, looks and sounds like a duck, it probably is a duck!!

On 5/18/2018 at 7:44 PM, JazRod said:

If you are an idiot, of course you will be scammed. Not only Thailand but any country. In the US, my phone would ring constantly with scam crap. I lived in the Philippines where every day I was approached with morons trying to take my money with some stupid scam. Just enjoy yourself and be smart. Don't think with your pekker. Watch out for each other and respect everyone as you are in their country and must obey their rules. Be kind and do not be flashy. Dress moderately and you will be fine. I lived in the north where the people were very friendly and kind. Just remember. If it walks, looks and sounds like a duck, it probably is a duck!!

There always has to be one!

At least one!

• Like 1

I'm getting sick of this "some of the world's best beaches" bs. I've been to quite a few beaches in Thailand in recent years and haven't yet seen one that matches that description in any way.
As an Aussie, if I want to see a pristine "worlds best" beach then I do it in Aus. Recently visited the Philippines, that's certainly a place that can lay claim to "worlds best" beach description.

Sent from my E5823 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app