24 hr immigration check

black fox

The "not-so-news" supposedly is: If on retirement-extension no need to re-register every time after travelling in Pattaya, unless your address has changed. This is what I and several friends have been told, after going there within 24 hours after any local or international trip. However this seems to be dependant on the immigration office. Phuket, we can read, still asks for re-registering the TM-30 after every short leave from the island. Or at least that was the last we heard. Anyway, immigration office is now less crowded and officers are fast & friendly. Did my retirement in 3 min. in/out. Good night. MS>

10 hours ago, moonseeker said:

If on retirement-extension no need to re-register every time after travelling in Pattaya, unless your address has changed.

This in a nutshell is all that is needed to resolve the 'do I report my return or not' question for Pattaya-Jomtien denizens.

Please note that 'owning a condo' in itself is NOT a qualifying immigration status.

If on a tourist visa, you must register at your local immigration office within 24 hours. Every time I do, I see one or two guys arguing the point with the immigration officer. Guess who wins? The fine is 1800 baht, I believe. 

OK, assuming you're qualified to not needing to report after travel, if the travel is outside Thailand, does the reporting date RESET starting from your reentry date is must you still report 90 days after your last report? Previously, it definitely RESET. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

OK, assuming you're qualified to not needing to report after travel, if the travel is outside Thailand, does the reporting date RESET starting from your reentry date is must you still report 90 days after your last report? Previously, it definitely RESET. 

Yes the count for 90 day reports resets since you're only required to report if you are in the country for a period of 90 uninterrupted days. Really a separate issue from the TM.30/TM.28 matter, although I can see how invoking the former might trigger interest regarding the latter in some immigration offices.

I live in Kalasin province on visa based on marriage extensions. I come and go frequently, because that's the way I like it and try to avoid having to do a 90 day report as my IO is 3 hours drive each way. I have never done, nor so far been fined for not doing, a TM 30 address report when I return home whether it be from outside Thailand or for trips within Thailand

8 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I live in Kalasin province on visa based on marriage extensions. I come and go frequently, because that's the way I like it and try to avoid having to do a 90 day report as my IO is 3 hours drive each way. I have never done, nor so far been fined for not doing, a TM 30 address report when I return home whether it be from outside Thailand or for trips within Thailand

Assuming that your primary residence address hasn't changed, that is the general consensus on foreigners on long-term stays through extensions. However, Chiang Mai and Phuket are working to their one rule books and insist on TM30 filing if you have a cooked breakfast instead of the usual cup of coffee.

Quote: "I recently moved to Chiang Rai from Chonburi. When I was registering at the Immigration Office, the lady made it quite plain that I need to do a report every time I leave the province."

frodo77,

I think perhaps that based on what you wrote perhaps there was some mis-communication / misunderstanding between question and answer.  Orperhaps between what "The Book" says & what is actually implemented for practical purposes.

I'm willing to bet that if you get yourself a yellow book in Chiang Rai, then CR Immigration won't even demand the 24 hr TM30 garbage even if you have returned from overseas.  They haven't given me a problem when I wait 90 days after return from overseas to show up (to do the 90 day report) without even making any mention of a TM30. It just could be because I immediately lead off by handing them the yellow book when I shown up & they ask if my address has changed & I say "No".  Or, perhap  I've just been lucky.

2 hours ago, OneZero said:

Quote: "I recently moved to Chiang Rai from Chonburi. When I was registering at the Immigration Office, the lady made it quite plain that I need to do a report every time I leave the province."

frodo77,

I think perhaps that based on what you wrote perhaps there was some mis-communication / misunderstanding between question and answer.  Orperhaps between what "The Book" says & what is actually implemented for practical purposes.

I'm willing to bet that if you get yourself a yellow book in Chiang Rai, then CR Immigration won't even demand the 24 hr TM30 garbage even if you have returned from overseas.  They haven't given me a problem when I wait 90 days after return from overseas to show up (to do the 90 day report) without even making any mention of a TM30. It just could be because I immediately lead off by handing them the yellow book when I shown up & they ask if my address has changed & I say "No".  Or, perhap  I've just been lucky.

It should be noted that a few Immigration offices have no interest in the yellow book as proof of anything and others may accept a Thai Drivers License. The key is just to keep answering their question about any address change with a no.

Archived