"Pretty Caddies" - they are not there for the 19th hole, says Thai Media

webfact

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess there are some real Cheap Charlies, but I have never heard of someone not leaving a tip.

I usually leave 400 b so she made about $20 that day.

That is for riding around in a cart (in most cases but you can walk) for 5 to 6 hours (my round took 4 hours) in fairly pleasant environment.

That $20 is about twice what many girls make working at the mall, a hotel, etc for mostly 8-10 hours.

My caddie the other day had worked there for 10 years.  The other for 8.  So, for that longevity there must be some appeal to the job.

Might be pleasant for the golfers walking the course, like the great white hunters. Not so much for the ones carrying the heavy luggage. And on a brain frying, humid 95-degree (f) day. In a cart? Even I could do that, although I'd have no idea where the ball landed unless there was a big splash.

16 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Might be pleasant for the golfers walking the course, like the great white hunters. Not so much for the ones carrying the heavy luggage. And on a brain frying, humid 95-degree (f) day. In a cart? Even I could do that, although I'd have no idea where the ball landed unless there was a big splash.

Even walking they never carry.  They put the bag on a pull cart.

As others pointed out, tip not mandatory. They usually get one round of 18 a day. Even if they get the 600b ($18?), hardly a king's ransom. 
A tip pretty much is mandatory unless you don't want to play golf in future, an extremely low tip with a shit caddy is around 200 baht. If you don't tip they will talk to each other and avoid you

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, Mac98 said:
As others pointed out, tip not mandatory. They usually get one round of 18 a day. Even if they get the 600b ($18?), hardly a king's ransom. 

A tip pretty much is mandatory unless you don't want to play golf in future, an extremely low tip with a shit caddy is around 200 baht. If you don't tip they will talk to each other and avoid you

Makes sense. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 3:26 AM, RichardColeman said:

Maybe its just me, but if the wife'd let me I'd prefer a decent go-go girl for the night that a round of flaming golf ! Still each perv to their own I guess. Where's the whipped cream.

The female caddies used to wear numbers and were bookable for aftergolf activities.

On 6/6/2018 at 3:09 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 6/6/2018 at 11:13 AM, Mac98 said:

Quite right too. Many workers expect, need and should be given tips. Every month I slip a hundred to the security guard, gardener and manager of the condo. Not that they expect it but it's a good investment.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

Quite right too. Many workers expect, need and should be given tips. Every month I slip a hundred to the security guard, gardener and manager of the condo. Not that they expect it but it's a good investment.
Tipping is generally wrong and shouldn't be encouraged. Instead the pressure should be on owners to pay more

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, The manic said:

Tipping is generally wrong and shouldn't be encouraged. Instead the pressure should be on owners to pay more

Wrong.

Tipping is generally accepted and in fact encouraged at golf courses here.  It is common practice around the world, especially at the private clubs.

Edited by bkk6060

Wrong.
Tipping is generally accepted and in fact encouraged at golf courses here.  It is common practice around the world, especially at the private clubs.
Manic was talking about the gardener, security guard etc. As for caddies its more of a compulsory fee than a tip. I.e. even if they are dog shit, they should still get 200+ tip

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Ah, yet another reason to avoid golf.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:
Wrong.

Manic was talking about the gardener, security guard etc. As for caddies its more of a compulsory fee than a tip. I.e. even if they are dog shit, they should still get 200+ tip

Sure, I was too.

I tip them all.  The guy that picks me up from my car and takes me to the first tee.

The people working in the locker room, etc.

I can well afford a few bucks it can make their day they work pretty hard in these places.

11 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Of course.  Thailand invented golf, didn't it?

No, but it has traced back to the Song Dynasty around the year 1000.

So, actually it appears the Chinese invented it.

So, there you go. ?

• Haha 2

So, there you go. [emoji846]
R&A "Stick and ball games have been around for many centuries, but golf as we know it today, played over 18 holes, clearly originated in Scotland."

My golf club has more history than USA

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

R&A "Stick and ball games have been around for many centuries, but golf as we know it today, played over 18 holes, clearly originated in Scotland."

My golf club has more history than USA

Been playing for 50 years yes of course Scotland.

I went there 10 years ago played Carnoustie, St. Andrews, Turnberry.  A fantastic time fun to play links golf.

I loved the place but still cannot understand the language. ? 

• Haha 1

Played at sunrise this morning.

My caddie was older, but this girl was mowing the grass.

Not a great photo she was pretty cute in person.

The Marshall told me she wants to be a caddie in the future.

She now makes 300 b a day for 10 hours.

Hope she gets the chance.

20180801_070213.jpg

Edited by bkk6060

On 5/17/2018 at 9:26 AM, RichardColeman said:

Maybe its just me, but if the wife'd let me I'd prefer a decent go-go girl for the night that a round of flaming golf ! Still each perv to their own I guess. Where's the whipped cream.

With General Klinkerhoffen's wet celery and flying helmet, don't forget the egg whisk. ?

Played at sunrise this morning.
My caddie was older, but this girl was mowing the grass.
Not a great photo she was pretty cute in person.
The Marshall told me she wants to be a caddie in the future.
She now makes 300 b a day for 10 hours.
Hope she gets the chance.
20180801_070213.thumb.jpg.30e014b3c96ccd885caa085c7d60e79d.jpg
I hope you tipped her
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So, there you go. ?

yea but we all know that the Chinese invented everything.  Especially those of us who live in China.  :cheesy:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...