Little fighter is a Little Einstein - four year old Thai joins Mensa

webfact

Little fighter is a Little Einstein - four year old Thai joins Mensa

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A four year old Thai girl has been accepted into the society of brain-boxes - Mensa.

Little Thitika Thaweeyot has an IQ of 135 only five points short of Albert Einstein who was 140.

But the girl known as "Nong Oom", who is in kindergarten at an international school in the Bang Na area of Bangkok, has not had an easy life so far.

After she was born she was diagnosed with the heard condition PPHN (persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn) and had to spend 67 days in hospital.

At one point her heart stopped and she had to be resuscitated, reported Sanook.

Her mother started a Facebook page called "Little Fighter" to raise awareness about the disease.

Now Oom is well on the way to her dream of being a marine biologist or a vet!

She posted on the member page of Mensa that she loves the ocean - even though she can't swim yet.

Most people's IQ falls in the 90 to 110 range.

Mensa was started in Oxford in the UK in 1946 and membership would only be available to around 2% of the human population, said Sanook.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-18

47 minutes ago, Denim said:

If  you do enough IQ tests probability will eventually get you a higher score than Einstein.

It's just a question of guessing the right answers. 

Agree with this. I doubt Einstein's IQ was 140. There are different tests and IQ measurement will vary according to the test, the day, the time of day.

Good luck to the little kid, though as someone else noted, having a high IQ in Thailand is a recipe for being bullied. 130 isn't even particularly high on the global scale, though it is stratospheric for Thailand. I grow truly weary of Thai this and Thai that - always big-noting themselves.

47 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Agree with this. I doubt Einstein's IQ was 140.

Einstein never did an IQ test, but it is estimated that it would have been 160, same as Bill Gates, and technically the highest score someone can achieve on paper.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Denim said:

If  you do enough IQ tests probability will eventually get you a higher score than Einstein.

It's just a question of guessing the right answers. 

Einstein need'nt worry about being surpassed here!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

I'm sure they sell them certificates down kao San road.poor girl has no chance if she gets stuck in the Thai education system.probably spend most of her school life stuck in the corner facing the wall for being smarter than the teacher which ain't hard as they've probably got an IQ of 85.she will stick out like a sore thumb and be victimised for not conforming.probably have some attitude adjustment in the teachers office weekly.

Quite the positive thinker you are.

Since you know all the teachers here are idiots with IQs of 85, yours must be so much higher.

Are your vivid predictions a reflection of your own childhood or what?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Einstein never did an IQ test, but it is estimated that it would have been 160, same as Bill Gates, and technically the highest score someone can achieve on paper.

And his particular gift wasn't a soaring IQ, it was the ability to visualise scenarios and he then adopted the math his approached required. The Special Theory of Relativity for example isn't very hard once you have the knack of visualisation, and is taught in 1st year Uni (in UK, not in Thailand so far as I'm aware). Larry Hagstrom does an excellent primer course on STR for which 'A' Level math only is required and that's optional - it's mainly basic Trigonometry anyway, my math is very old and rusty and falling to pieces yet I coped with it pretty well all things considered.

I think I've seen that number (160) quoted as well. IQ tests are designed according to age, so 130 as a kid isn't the same as 130 as an adult. The entry requirement for Mensa always used to be 147 (or was it 149?) for adults, I don't know about kids, so far as I was aware. only adults could sit. Also, a test on BM property always used to be required, I doubt this toddler has been outside Thailand.

On reflection, methinks something is amiss here. (Yet) another Thai beat-up?

Or a Khaosan Road special perhaps?

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Not all Thai's are corrupt, you want people to do in Thailand like the very dregs of Thailand do, I am sure you are very proud of your complete absence of morals, but do at least try to keep your corruption peddling to yourself. 

Wow, you must be the one with profound insight. Quick, please get a small peace of paper and write down their names and phone numbers.

57 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Wow, you must be the one with profound insight. Quick, please get a small peace of paper and write down their names and phone numbers.

The OP is probably right. I estimate the incidence of corruption to be between 80% and 85%.

Assuming that they're all corrupt in one way or another is probably sensible.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

A marine biologist or a vet?  What four year old has already decided on her career path so early?

She could take care of those very sick submarines... maybe even form a committee to find out why those poor animals never move

Edited by WonderfulDay

7 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Maybe it's something to do with my IQ.

Oh I do have morals but this is thailand and I'm very realistic.from my experience the only Thais that are not corrupt are the ones not in a position to be corrupt or the ones that ain't been caught.yes there are some honest Thais but they seem to be as rare as an albino and will never blend in to Thai society and the Thai way of living.as for schooling,government school/private school same same but have aircon and enough books and pencils.as for my corruption peddling,I must of been here too long and have the attitude if you can't beat them join them or just go with the flow as they say.

Sorry, but you are actually totally wrong. I would hate to be in the same group of people that appeaqrently surraounds you. As one bright person here said before. In this case there are a lot of sense in keeping some information to your self.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Sorry, but you are actually totally wrong. I would hate to be in the same group of people that appeaqrently surraounds you. As one bright person here said before. In this case there are a lot of sense in keeping some information to your self.

You say he is wrong with some certainty. I suspect you *think* he's wrong, which isn't the same thing. He's entitled to an opinion based on his experience with Thais, and a quick survey on these forums suggests that his opinion (which is more or less the same as mine), is by far the more widespread. In other words, friend, you appear to be in a small minority. Happy no doubt it is, but small.

I would not say that all Thais are corrupt, merely that I think most are corrupt, and that it would therefore be sensible to assume they're all corrupt as a strategy to mitigate the risk of being thieved from or otherwise preyed upon.

If you think most or all Thais are honest as the day is long and wouldn't ever lie to you, cheat you or steal from you, then good luck, but I suspect you've got a hard lesson coming. Good luck, I think you'll be needing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1