Police Raid Nimman Bars and Clubs

snoop1130

Police Raid Nimman Bars and Clubs

by CityNews

S__38600728-1600x900.jpg

CityNews – Police raided a number of Nimmanhaemin bars and clubs last night in another ‘clean-up’ operation that found no illegal activity.

On May 17th, the Chiang Mai Police along with the Chiang Mai Public Health Office and the Military, raided a number of bars and clubs in the Nimmanhaemin area, looking for underage drinkers and drug users.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/police-raid-nimman-bars-clubs/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-5-18

15 hours ago, Cadbury said:

"Officers found no illegal activity"...... Stiff titty! Perhaps the police tip-off merchants also tipped off the patrons before the the dumbos raided the joints.

Not hard to make the RTP look stupid. No take home pay for the boys that night.

But plenty for the big shots who got their brown envelopes later....

• Like 1

Well the bars and clubs pay off the police so that they do get to know of any raids.  That is apart from the ones that are owned or partly owned by the policemen themselves.  I haven't lived in CM for over seven years but Nimmanhaemin was always a regular haunt when I did.

3 hours ago, Lungstib said:

If you cant find an underage drinker in a Chiang Mai bar you must be wearing a blindfold. Waiting till you are 20 to get a beer is ridiculous. Another law that needs removing.

21 in the States. Used to be 18 for much of the "greatest generation". 

3 hours ago, Lungstib said:

If you cant find an underage drinker in a Chiang Mai bar you must be wearing a blindfold. Waiting till you are 20 to get a beer is ridiculous. Another law that needs removing.

48 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

21 in the States. Used to be 18 for much of the "greatest generation". 

Thankfully drugs are available whatever age you are :smile:

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎5‎/‎2561 at 6:08 PM, worgeordie said:

Tip off they were coming ,maybe ?

regards worgeordie

Those tip offs in Pattaya years ago is the reason that the military quit telling the bib what clubs that were being raided before hand.

The Nimman bars I used to frequent were pretty good about checking ID's of anyone who looked like they might be under-age.  I'm down to just one Nimman bar I'm a regular at, the rest closed (I think due to rising rent, not police raids), it continues to check ID's.