Old thai guy not happy with me and my dog

ghworker2010

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:

We have a few dogs in the village one day the guys spraying for mosquitoes came by and while in our yard went across and stood

under a tree where most of been the boss was standing.

He spoke some English and had a nice conversation. He said that brown dog of yours is bad and got in my chickens so I shot and killed him. 

The dog dog he was taking about may have been crazy stalking anything that moves. Feel sorry for the dog but he brought on his own fate. 

Who is "been the boss"?

9 hours ago, johng said:

Yes quite right too.. you can use some of the many free plastic bags floating around as

"pooper scooper gloves"  and thus gain extra brownie points.

And don't do like the guy I saw the other day... used a napkin to responsibly pick up his dog's poo, and then just when I was mentally applauding him, turned and pitched the whole parcel into the adjacent khlong...

• Haha 2

I have never seen any Thai pick up their dogs shit let alone clean up soi/feral dogshit so do you see him pick up the mess from his dogs?. In a few days the mess is gone anyway because of beetles and ants etc so if it's waste land why worry?. I walk my dogs on the beach and would pick up the mess if I saw any Thai do the same but I do cover it in sand and again it's probably gone in a few days due to the crabs but if they don't care about all their rubbish on the beach why should I worry about what my dogs do?. I haven't seen a single dog owned by a Thai with the rabies inoculated disk hanging from the collar. Also if the Thai people love their dogs so much why do they dump them on the beach all year round where we live?. 

• Thanks 1

I once had a run in with an alcoholic foreigner on Samui getting annoyed with me walking the dog (and picking up the poo) on wasteland opposite "his" (rented) house. Very passive aggressive I could hear him shouting about me to his wife so I went up and asked him what his problem was :D Turns out it wasn't "his land" so basically told him to bugger off and get a life, or buy the land if he wanted exclusive access to it. apparently I have an attitude problem.. soon afterwards I found out he'd once been round a neighbours in the middle of the night with a machete to solve some minor dispute. Luckily my dog was big.

Anyway, yes pick up the poo - that's a no brainer. But if it's not his land it's not his business whether you walk there or not.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sandrabbit said:

I have never seen any Thai pick up their dogs shit let alone clean up soi/feral dogshit so do you see him pick up the mess from his dogs?. In a few days the mess is gone anyway because of beetles and ants etc so if it's waste land why worry?. I walk my dogs on the beach and would pick up the mess if I saw any Thai do the same but I do cover it in sand and again it's probably gone in a few days due to the crabs but if they don't care about all their rubbish on the beach why should I worry about what my dogs do?. I haven't seen a single dog owned by a Thai with the rabies inoculated disk hanging from the collar. Also if the Thai people love their dogs so much why do they dump them on the beach all year round where we live?. 

in bangkok i see thais pick up their dog's poo most of the time. i'd say the non-pick up ratio is similar to back home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, samsensam said:

in bangkok i see thais pick up their dog's poo most of the time. i'd say the non-pick up ratio is similar to back home.

I'm glad to hear that, maybe in a city they think about their neighbors more than where i live. I'm from the UK and dogs were banned on the beach from April till the end of September and everywhere is a pick up area as a bye law. I have no problem cleaning up after my dogs but when in Rome .....

Edited by sandrabbit
spelling

4 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Yuk!

At least if we can see it we can avoid stepping in it.

say goodbye to your post, altering what I posted. also who cleans up the feral dogs shitting on the beach? no one <deleted>

Post removed.

From the forum netiquette:

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

say goodbye to your post, altering what I posted. also who cleans up the feral dogs shitting on the beach? no one <deleted>

I merely selected the part of your post that I wanted to address. Then I highlighted the words that I was referring to with my reply. Nothing was altered.

If you cover your dog's shit with sand people walking on the beach will not see it, but they may step on it. To me, that is not a nice thing to do.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I merely selected the part of your post that I wanted to address. Then I highlighted the words that I was referring to with my reply. Nothing was altered.

If you cover your dog's shit with sand people walking on the beach will not see it, but they may step on it. To me, that is not a nice thing to do.

your quote was deleted, ...............

6 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

do you live near a beach and see the rubbish the Thai just drop anywhere or the shit from the dogs living on the beach that no one cleans up?. rose tinted glasses

Edited by sandrabbit
spelling

Just now, sandrabbit said:

do you live near a beach and see the rubbish the Thai just drop anywhere or the shit from the dogs living on the beach that no one cleans up?. rose tinted glsses

I do live near a beach. I do see the litter and other crap.

I do not agree that we should copy what some of the locals do.

I NEVER drop litter.

I don't keep a dog but, if I did, I would clean up it's shit - even if everyone else didn't.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

lol I can guarantee that no one will step on my dogs shit, do you think I take them where everyone is sitting?. the beach here is 12km long, so much space even when busy to find an empty place.

p.s. I try to make the dogs do their toilet in our garden, doesn't always happen.

21 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

So it is not stated it is his property or not. if not his property he needs to mind his own business. 

precisely. we plan to call the number on the for sale sign tomorrow to see who owns the land. It could be our landlord as its behind their huge house

• Like 2

On 19/05/2018 at 11:05 AM, petermik said:

Show some respect and keep the dog on its lead AND pick up any mess it leaves........you should not need telling :whistling:

Yes I agree but the OP has made it VERY clear he does NOT like being told what to do. So tread lightly. Lol.

• Sad 1