Disapointed, Brand New Mazda CX-5 2.2 Diesel Owner

BBJ

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, Sumarianson said:

Bad news for Mazda. I had been thinking of the Mazda C3 but that has settled it. Im going for Honda or Subaru. I will be sure to check every inch of the car when I get it thanks to this blog. Really appreciated OP.

Mazda will be devastated at the loss of the sale of one car to you. 

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Mazda will be devastated at the loss of the sale of one car to you. 

I would suggest none of us here are worried what a manufacturer thinks. Our chats are aimed to provide food for thought for our gray cells to investigate stuff and make a decision....

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I would suggest none of us here are worried what a manufacturer thinks. Our chats are aimed to provide food for thought for our gray cells to investigate stuff and make a decision....

…and I would suggest that no manufacturer is worried about what an anonymous poster on Thaivisa who threatens the loss of one sale thinks.  Grey cells or not.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

…and I would suggest that no manufacturer is worried about what an anonymous poster on Thaivisa who threatens the loss of one sale thinks.  Grey cells or not.

As I said, this is our chat space....:stoner:

But, in this case the OP got a result probably because the manufacturer was a "little" worried...?

For all those holier than thou posters who thinks the OP should have gone over the car with a fine tooth comb even though it's brand new, well the wife and I bought a brand new Ford Everest around 3 weeks ago and I've barely even looked at it, let alone inspected the thing.

Btw, do cars really still have ciggie lighters? Wouldn't know if our new Everest does as I haven't looked.

8 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

For all those holier than thou posters who thinks the OP should have gone over the car with a fine tooth comb even though it's brand new, well the wife and I bought a brand new Ford Everest around 3 weeks ago and I've barely even looked at it, let alone inspected the thing.

Btw, do cars really still have ciggie lighters? Wouldn't know if our new Everest does as I haven't looked.

Well I hope they have ciggy lighters...:stoner:

Just now, Pat in Pattaya said:

I don't smoke.

I prefer to poodle around on my honda click anyway.

I plug my air pump into the ciggy thingy....

Honda Click, hmmm, rather you than me..The worse bike we ever had...Thank heavens for the Honda PCX...:stoner:

On 5/20/2018 at 6:15 PM, superal said:

Sure she made an error without realizing the consequences but you would think that a sales advisor would have the product knowledge to explain the dangers involved and offer guidance  but that was not the case .  The tint film was discussed between the two of them and was a joint decision .  

Why do you think that in the UK any tint over 20 is banned and your vehicle can be seized . Are you beginning to understand ?  Despite the fact that there are zero guidelines in Thailand for windscreen tint does not mean it is safe to use a grade 60 or even 40 . 

why do people insist on comparing experiences to the UK and germany etc.

there is no limitation on tint in thailand. your wife SPECIFICALLY ordered the tint, which is common and popular locally and was advised by a local.

i dont see what there is to understand. you got what you ordered.

5 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

there is no limitation on tint in thailand. your wife SPECIFICALLY ordered the tint, which is common and popular locally and was advised by a local.

Sun Glasses, the safe way to go.?.!

9 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Shhhh, that doesn't fit the narrative of western superiority.

1 hour ago, BBJ said:

Silver

Question for you BBJ... Which model did you get ?

I have the CX-5 2.2 XDL Diesel  - the one with the sunroof, Bose speakers and Heads up display etc

I'm very happy with it with the exception of one irritating niggle with the Heads up Display settings.

I like the setting at: 

- Brightness Control: Auto

- Brightness setting: at 1/4 (25%)

The issue is whenever the car is switched off for a few hours or overnight the brightness settings revert to default i.e. Manual and 1/2 (50%).

Have you encountered anything similar ?

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 16.02.21.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 4:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Question for you BBJ... Which model did you get ?

I have the CX-5 2.2 XDL Diesel  - the one with the sunroof, Bose speakers and Heads up display etc

I'm very happy with it with the exception of one irritating niggle with the Heads up Display settings.

I like the setting at: 

- Brightness Control: Auto

- Brightness setting: at 1/4 (25%)

The issue is whenever the car is switched off for a few hours or overnight the brightness settings revert to default i.e. Manual and 1/2 (50%).

Have you encountered anything similar ?

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 16.02.21.png

Hi,

Yes, 2.2 with bose etc.  Only driven it once as it's the wife's car so as yet I've mainly been the passenger and can't comment.  The only thing thus far I find annoying and of no benefit both economically and to maintain it is the i-stop.  More wear and tear if you ask me and will use more fuel with short start and stop situations.  I've convinced the wife to turn it off unless in major traffic jams in the centre.

It's very quiet for a diesel and quite nippy.  But despite the figures, our KIA Carnival seems quicker, which could be down to the smoothness of the Mazda diesel as you don't feel the jolt with usual diesel turbos.

Hi,

Yes, 2.2 with bose etc.  Only driven it once as it's the wife's car so as yet I've mainly been the passenger and can't comment.  The only thing thus far I find annoying and of no benefit both economically and to maintain it is the i-stop.  More wear and tear if you ask me and will use more fuel with short start and stop situations.  I've convinced the wife to turn it off unless in major traffic jams in the centre.

It's very quiet for a diesel and quite nippy.  But despite the figures, our KIA Carnival seems quicker, which could be down to the smoothness of the Mazda diesel as you don't feel the jolt with usual diesel turbos.

I hate the I-stop, and it bugs that you have to turn it off every time you start it...

6 hours ago, BBJ said:

Hi,

Jolt....I have a usual turbo diesel with no jolt....Hmmm....

38 minutes ago, transam said:

Jolt....I have a usual turbo diesel with no jolt....Hmmm....

I guess what I am trying to say is the CX-5 feels more like a normally aspirated car, compared to the lag one feels then the boost of a typical normal, unmodified diesel turbo.  Hope that's clear.

Archived