Disapointed, Brand New Mazda CX-5 2.2 Diesel Owner

BBJ

22 hours ago, juehoe said:

Mazda has only sued some crazy owners who didn’t a their generous offer and stated to bash Mazda in socials media. The problem only affected a small number of cars but there owners thought they can press a lot from Mazda.

And BTW, this has no influence on the sales of Mazda. The story is already forgotten in the Thai media. Mazda performs very well. They sell a lot of cars even though there are quite a small company.

Mazda makes very good and reliable cars. The reputation of the Mazda 2 and CX-5 is very high.

It is not forgotten We are talking about it and many have made the decision in not buying a Mazda here in Thailand No company selling cars should sue someone for just talking negatively about their cars or service  If you think so then you are way off base I would not buy it not because they do not make a good car They do but because they don't like you talking negatively about a car with problems Give me a break  And they are suing these people This is wrong dead wrong

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, juehoe said:

That is not true. Mazda has sued only some owners who claimed too much, didn’t accepted the generous offer and stated bashing Mazda in the Internet.

Here is where you are wrong about your comment You are saying the did not accept the offer Well they felt more was justified Just because Mazda says it is a generous offer don't make it so. You can bash who you want on the internet It is free Only in countries like Thailand do they make it a crime In the west it is not as well as other countries like Japan and Singapore Just because it is a law does not mean it is just

7 hours ago, grkt said:

Like most people who never owned any luxury car, you do not understand that we do not pay for the badge.

Check any of my benz and you will understand that any Japanase car is crap.

My wife has owned a Merc, it was utter <deleted>.  I had to stop her buying a 3 series. The BMW, poor man's series is no better than the average Camry or Accord.  I also opted for an Africa Twin (Japanese), not because of price, it's simply a better bike for the money.  Each to their own I guess. 

The Z 3M I owned in the UK, was also bobbins.  After dumping it, I bought a much better Ford ST 220!

And what's that about the recalls in the UK re BMW and serious safety flaw? 

My daddy is bigger than yours btw!

13 hours ago, BBJ said:

My wife has owned a Merc, it was utter <deleted>.  I had to stop her buying a 3 series. The BMW, poor man's series is no better than the average Camry or Accord.  I also opted for an Africa Twin (Japanese), not because of price, it's simply a better bike for the money.  Each to their own I guess. 

The Z 3M I owned in the UK, was also bobbins.  After dumping it, I bought a much better Ford ST 220!

And what's that about the recalls in the UK re BMW and serious safety flaw? 

My daddy is bigger than yours btw!

I see you post in the Moped Section too, about falling off n blaming the Tyres.?

5 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I see you post in the Moped Section too, about falling off n blaming the Tyres.?

Mummy!

And it's a BIG bike.  At least here in Thailand anyway.  I totally understand you're resentment, but believe me, the only way is up for you, dear sir!

22 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Not on current adds ,thats old. The Australian Car Guy on You Tube explains it clearly.

John Codogan Auto Expert AU . TINTS. I use Crystaline clear to stop the UV beating up the interior. That it seems to do,but cant be too sure.

On 5/20/2018 at 12:41 PM, juehoe said:

Mazda has only sued some crazy owners who didn’t a their generous offer and stated to bash Mazda in socials media. The problem only affected a small number of cars but there owners thought they can press a lot from Mazda.

And BTW, this has no influence on the sales of Mazda. The story is already forgotten in the Thai media. Mazda performs very well. They sell a lot of cars even though there are quite a small company.

Mazda makes very good and reliable cars. The reputation of the Mazda 2 and CX-5 is very high.

Mazda sells a lot or not or is a great car who cares?You don't sue your customers,whatever they do or say.Yeah maybe they sell a lot of cars,but that's because here is takatukaland.Japanese automakers pay a lot so government keeps the tax high for other brands.Yes in Thailand they can sue their customers because no selection of other car brands.In the rest of the world Mazda would have to shut down production and sales if they sue their customers.

51 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

John Codogan Auto Expert AU . TINTS. I use Crystaline clear to stop the UV beating up the interior. That it seems to do,but cant be too sure.

His "Should I Get My Car Windows Tinted" video point 3 appears to be what you're referring to. His science is broadly correct but his usage case and certain assumptions are fatally flawed.

He calls the film heat rejection bullshit because at steady state (parked car, off) it will not change the final temperature inside the car.  As worded, this is entirely correct. But it fails when real life is applied. First, this assumes you park long enough for the car to reach steady state. If you are only going into a supermarket for 20min, or lunch for 1.5hr, or work for 4hr, the vehicle has not reached steady state, and the tinted car will be cooler (both the air temp inside the car, and the temp of any surfaces you touch, like the seats and steering wheel). Second, when you get in the car and start driving, it is not steady state - the AC of the car is actively pulling heat out of the car (if no AC, roll down the windows and circulating air is doing the same thing); the less heat continues coming in, the faster the AC can do this. The tinted car will cool down faster.

He does correctly state that solar radiation is radiation arriving via infrared spectrum, and also mentions that the film does block infrared spectrum. (Yet proceeds to wrongly state that it has no effect on heat into the car.)

He states that a parked car at noon receives most of the sun load on the roof. This is also correct. But he uses this fact to then state that the windows are not a significant source of heat, which is utterly incorrect. The windows even at noon are the majority of the heat load into most cars due to insulation values of the roof and doors (exceptions being cars with very vertical windshields, notably the Humvee). More importantly, the time we use cars is not only at noon, and his statement is only applicable from roughly 11am to 1pm. The other ~10 hours of sunlight each day are largely entering the car windows.

For additional reading, here is a SAE research paper on a heat rejecting windshield.  The research was performed by the National Renewable Energy Lab. This study only changed the windshield, which due to vision concerns cannot be tinted as much as side windows. Side window tint will have even larger measurable effects.

https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/57489.pdf

I will summarize a few key items from the research study:

More than 40% of the heat transmitted inside a vehicle enters via the windshield.

In full-day parked car tests sampled at 12:30-1:30, steering wheel temps dropped over 5°C. Dashboard temps dropped over 3°C. Note even the seats and interior air are 1°C cooler and they hardly receive any direct sun in this test. Note that this data was taken from 12:30-1:30 on a car that has been parked and measured all day, exactly when Youtube expert feels tint should have least use.

Roughly a 4% decrease in AC power required with the tinted windshield.

8 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

His "Should I Get My Car Windows Tinted" video point 3 appears to be what you're referring to. His science is broadly correct but his usage case and certain assumptions are fatally flawed.

He calls the film heat rejection bullshit because at steady state (parked car, off) it will not change the final temperature inside the car.  As worded, this is entirely correct. But it fails when real life is applied. First, this assumes you park long enough for the car to reach steady state. If you are only going into a supermarket for 20min, or lunch for 1.5hr, or work for 4hr, the vehicle has not reached steady state, and the tinted car will be cooler (both the air temp inside the car, and the temp of any surfaces you touch, like the seats and steering wheel). Second, when you get in the car and start driving, it is not steady state - the AC of the car is actively pulling heat out of the car (if no AC, roll down the windows and circulating air is doing the same thing); the less heat continues coming in, the faster the AC can do this. The tinted car will cool down faster.

He does correctly state that solar radiation is radiation arriving via infrared spectrum, and also mentions that the film does block infrared spectrum. (Yet proceeds to wrongly state that it has no effect on heat into the car.)

He states that a parked car at noon receives most of the sun load on the roof. This is also correct. But he uses this fact to then state that the windows are not a significant source of heat, which is utterly incorrect. The windows even at noon are the majority of the heat load into most cars due to insulation values of the roof and doors (exceptions being cars with very vertical windshields, notably the Humvee). More importantly, the time we use cars is not only at noon, and his statement is only applicable from roughly 11am to 1pm. The other ~10 hours of sunlight each day are largely entering the car windows.

For additional reading, here is a SAE research paper on a heat rejecting windshield.  The research was performed by the National Renewable Energy Lab. This study only changed the windshield, which due to vision concerns cannot be tinted as much as side windows. Side window tint will have even larger measurable effects.

https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/57489.pdf

I will summarize a few key items from the research study:

More than 40% of the heat transmitted inside a vehicle enters via the windshield.

In full-day parked car tests sampled at 12:30-1:30, steering wheel temps dropped over 5°C. Dashboard temps dropped over 3°C. Note even the seats and interior air are 1°C cooler and they hardly receive any direct sun in this test. Note that this data was taken from 12:30-1:30 on a car that has been parked and measured all day, exactly when Youtube expert feels tint should have least use.

Roughly a 4% decrease in AC power required with the tinted windshield.

In other words tint on the screen is near useless but not having it gives one better night vision...

21 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

It is not forgotten We are talking about it and many have made the decision in not buying a Mazda here in Thailand No company selling cars should sue someone for just talking negatively about their cars or service  If you think so then you are way off base I would not buy it not because they do not make a good car They do but because they don't like you talking negatively about a car with problems Give me a break  And they are suing these people This is wrong dead wrong

I was looking for a new mid-sized SUV a few months ago - and did not even look at Mazda due to the reports of them suing people who posted comments about their cars.  Looked at Honda, Subaru, Nissan - went for an X-Trail in the end, and have been very happy with it.  Mazda needs to remember that's there's no shortage of choice - the CR-V, Forester, X-Trail and CX-5 are all viable options, and it takes little to tip a buyer in one direction.  This thread and the OP's quality issues will also be shifting thoughts to Honda and Nissan, and now there's the Toyota C-HR entering the fray.

On 5/19/2018 at 5:53 PM, jenny2017 said:

Not trying to insult you, but I'd never buy a Mazda. A mechanic from Mazda told me that the engines are pretty good, but the chassis ar usually not so good.

That was more about Pick up trucks, but I'd trust a Mitsubishi more when it comes to quality. 

In Thailand it's either Toyota or Honda..

28 minutes ago, transam said:

In other words tint on the screen is near useless but not having it gives one better night vision...

Most indignation is caused because mainly its slapped on as a fashion statement, even my Mrs knows say it makes no difference realy, but she "Like Look", n dont like my clear gunge, why pay all that money, no one can see it.?‍♀️ 

3 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Most indignation is caused because mainly its slapped on as a fashion statement, even my Mrs knows say it makes no difference realy, but she "Like Look", n dont like my clear gunge, why pay all that money, no one can see it.?‍♀️ 

I think safety would come before what my missus wants.

On 5/20/2018 at 7:06 PM, superal said:

Did the same with our new Mitsubishi as the windscreen had been fitted with a grade 60 tint film and I could hardly see to drive at night . Mitsu franchise refused to change it and said my lady had ordered it . My argument was that they should know that it would be unsafe . Contacted Japan who were very polite and attentive but said that there were no regulations in Thailand controlling tinted screens and up to the customer . I was in the UK at the time of the purchase and the saleslady had gone along with the 60 grade request but should have known what the implications would be , dont you think ?      Was considering a new Pajero  for myself and told them so but made no difference so for the sake of maybe 1000 baht to them they lost a sale of 1.4 million baht .   Where is the logic ?

Very little logic involved when buying a car in Thailand when the purchaser is in the UK.

I thought there was a tint law on Thailand.. 70% of light must pass through the windscreen. 

I can't find a link to back this up though. 
Yes, but when you have a police force who are only interested in screwing money out of the citizens they're supposed to be protecting, most laws are a moot point.

Sent from my R2-D2 droid using my C-3PO manservant

10 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Very little logic involved when buying a car in Thailand when the purchaser is in the UK.

Sorry for the confusion but my lady did the deal in Thailand when I was in the UK . When I returned to Thailand some weeks later I found the visibility  problem when I drove the car at night . Not so bad within the lit up town but out on the unlit roads it was down right dangerous . Initially I thought there was a problem with the headlights and returned the car for repair but it was this stupid 60 grade tint causing the poor vision .

On 5/20/2018 at 4:22 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I thought there was a tint law on Thailand.. 70% of light must pass through the windscreen. 

I can't find a link to back this up though. 

If i remember it correctly the law was changed a long time ago.

Now it's only advised that the windows should let 70% through. (it's not illegal anymore)

I could be wrong as it was a long time ago ?

BTW: i use 60% on my car and i like it. No real problems with driving in the dark and i don't have much problems anymore with the sun glare in my face.

22 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Nice! Hope you enjoy it.

What color?

Asked this question a while back within a similar topic but what I would like to know is this .

There are 6 popular suppliers of pickups here in Thailand . How do you narrow down your choice or do you look at them all ?

Most of all ,    what length of time do you take on a test drive ? is 20 minutes enough to make your mind up or would the dealer allow you to keep the demo for a day ?  From my experience it takes more than a few minutes to get a feel for a new car and familiarize yourself with all of its functions . 

Asked this question a while back within a similar topic but what I would like to know is this .

There are 6 popular suppliers of pickups here in Thailand . How do you narrow down your choice or do you look at them all ?
Most of all ,    what length of time do you take on a test drive ? is 20 minutes enough to make your mind up or would the dealer allow you to keep the demo for a day ?  From my experience it takes more than a few minutes to get a feel for a new car and familiarize yourself with all of its functions . 

I can tell if I like a car by looking at it and sitting in it. If I can drive it for 10 minutes and not come across anything I hate I go for it.

As far as I know they’re not going to let you take it for a day, many dealers don’t even offer test drives. You could alway go rent one.

Don’t get too caught up in it. Remember, you’re not going to be together always...

54 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I can tell if I like a car by looking at it and sitting in it. If I can drive it for 10 minutes and not come across anything I hate I go for it.

As far as I know they’re not going to let you take it for a day, many dealers don’t even offer test drives. You could alway go rent one.

Don’t get too caught up in it. Remember, you’re not going to be together always...

Just a thought....We all know that most of the time here guys will say there's is the best ride, suppose quite natural...Now wouldn't it be great if guys here said if you are in my area l would gladly give you a ride round the block to see what you think...

Just a thought..

I know I go on about tyre pressures but I can assure you that my ride is a crap if the pressures are not right...If you take a test drive with the Thai "mandatory" 50psi you will not get the true ride quality...

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, jenny2017 said:

If you're lucky, they might give you a few baht back. but I don't think that they take the car back. I hope that you don't have to find out how many km the clock really has/would have. Best of luck!!

Why are you suggesting that the car had been clocked?

Archived