Disapointed, Brand New Mazda CX-5 2.2 Diesel Owner

BBJ

11 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Even the former models should be zero mileage and unused, as such "brand new" even if they are now cheaper..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

New cars picked up from the speaker are never zero miles / Km.

All my new cars in Thailand have had a negligible amount of mileage.

My latest car, a CX-5, had 27km if I remember correctly.

It had all thr door protectors (film / tape) protection on all the interior parts (tape/film) & seat protection.

It was also a little dusty on the dash. 

When I asked why, they said that Thai's complain & get paranoid if the tape & protection is removed before they puck it up! 

(Btw: No cigarette lighter, just a plastic blank).

One complaint: the heads up display always reverts back to 'Manual - Medium' setting (which is too bright) instead of remaining on 'Auto / Dim-Medium' setting) whenever the ignition has been off for nore than an hour... It's Starting to niggle! 

Otherwise, I'm extremely happy with the machine & it's level of refinement quality.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New cars picked up from the speaker are never zero miles / Km.

All my new cars in Thailand have had a negligible amount of mileage.

My latest car, a CX-5, had 27km if I remember correctly.

It had all thr door protectors (film / tape) protection on all the interior parts (tape/film) & seat protection.
It was also a little dusty on the dash. 
When I asked why, they said that Thai's complain & get paranoid if the tape & protection is removed before they puck it up! 
(Btw: No cigarette lighter, just a plastic blank).

One complaint: the heads up display always reverts back to 'Manual - Medium' setting (which is too bright) instead of remaining on 'Auto / Dim-Medium' setting) whenever the ignition has been off for nore than an hour... It's Starting to niggle! 

Otherwise, I'm extremely happy with the machine & it's level of refinement quality.

Yes well, sorry for the missing out of the term delivery mileage, I assumed most would know the difference between a newly delivered vehicle with a nominal mileage reading as opposed to a demo vehicle which would have possibly many hundreds of kilometers showing
I really dont see them going to the effort of clocking a new car, I'm not even sure they are that savvy
The CX-5 interests me for my next vehicle, I like them, and the sales from Toyota was crappy for me. First car okay but the second car they just wanted the signature and push you out the door... aftersales for the little issues was also just a major effort for them...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I was considering a Mazda but then became aware that Mazda Thailand was suing some of the owners because they had publicly 

said negative things about the cars they bought.

Why would a car dealer sue its customers When it comes to a car the customer is ALWAYS right.

I opted for a Vios

Your car sounds like it was in a flood You may half to sue the dealer and or Mazda Good luck

I don't know about Thailand but when you order a brand new car in Germany the dealer will make an appointment with you when they deliver the car by truck to the dealer. So you can see it is brand new from the factory including stickers, protection foils etc.
A few days later when the have prepared everything, you can pick it up.

7 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Be carefu!Last time customers complained to much about Mazda they got sued by Mazda

That is why I ended up purchasing a Vios Why would I want to buy a car from someone who sues their 

customer.

Mazda does not realize the damage they did by suing customers. Turns a lot of people off their

cars like me So I am sure there are others as well Very narrow-minded 

17 hours ago, BBJ said:

All personal preference and past experiences.  I've owned a Pajero 2010 3.2 and was well pleased with.  I owned a Mazda 3 at the time and was also pleased with that.  We test drove the new Pajero, CHR, Everest and Fortuna.  On the road, they were just not as good as the CX-5.  Still, my KIA which is now approaching a year old (20,000km) still looks newer than this CX-5 inside.  There are too many creases on the driver's chair for it to be brand new.

We are going back to the dealer tomorrow to resolve it.  Failing that, I will contact the President of Mazda Thailand.  I support Mazda, Mits, Ford and some other dealers via my own website, so I have some ammo if tomorrow is a failure.

Never try to solve such a problem talking to the clerks, always see the boss, that's helpful. Be well dressed and don't be loud. That will show them who you are and they listen to you. Best of luck! 

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Never try to solve such a problem talking to the clerks, always see the boss, that's helpful. Be well dressed and don't be loud. That will show them who you are and they listen to you. Best of luck! 

I am keeping well out of it.   My wife scares the crap out of me!   

1 hour ago, Sprigger said:

Petty complaints get in the bloody thing and drive it. More chance of a tax rebate than getting a replacement, as the saying goes This is Thailand.

Just been offered a replacement.

For anyone else, don't listen to naysayers, and stick to your guns!!

22 hours ago, BBJ said:

I guess we are in the wrong then for assuming a brand new car from a reputable dealer should be in A1 condition.  We inspected the car but missed the lighter, and only noticed the dark round socket was empty when looking for a dash cam connection. Having also just recently bought a KIA grand carnival earlier last year which was also covered in protective plastic that was pristine when we had it delivered, I guess I was expecting too much from a brand such as Mazda!

As for the hour thing, I know of not one person that would stand in a showroom inspecting their brand new car for an hour.  We were there 2 hours, with 20 minutes running around the car checking the bodywork and interior that was wrapped.  Secondhand, then of course.  And after a car that has just been polished, or in this case, glass coated, how many are going to start checking window fluid operation?

New car?

Inspection inside and outside.

All plastic removed by the dealer before my inspection.

Everything tested before my test-drive with the dealer beside me.

Takes about 2-3 hours.

If all is well, then the car is delivered to me.

23 minutes ago, hansnl said:

New car?

Inspection inside and outside.

All plastic removed by the dealer before my inspection.

Everything tested before my test-drive with the dealer beside me.

Takes about 2-3 hours.

If all is well, then the car is delivered to me.

2-3hrs?  Pull the other one!

I bet you have a shiny set of snap-ons as well!

Just now, grkt said:

Buy cheap get cheap :-)

Funny that because we checked the BMW and was appalled at the build and tolerances in the bodywork.

Cost is definitely not an issue, but we ain't foolish enough to pay over the odds for a badge.

22 hours ago, BBJ said:

That is the thing I am suspecting. If it was demo car they have cleaned up. 

The Ford dealership yesterday, offered us 100,000 bht off the sticker price to take the demo

23 hours ago, BBJ said:

And after a car that has just been polished, or in this case, glass coated, how many are going to start checking window fluid operation?

Why would you coat coat a car in Glass? What happens if it cracks or shatters?

22 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Not trying to insult you, but I'd never buy a Mazda. A mechanic from Mazda told me that the engines are pretty good, but the chassis ar usually not so good.

That was more about Pick up trucks, but I'd trust a Mitsubishi more when it comes to quality. 

My Mazda BT 50 High Racer gave me 150.000 trouble-free km within 8 years.

Nothing to complain about it and the service at different Mazda dealers was always

perfect and rather inexpensive. Diesel consumption is normally around 8 lit/100 kms.

I'm sure I can use this car for another 150.000 km and probably many more.

39 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I would take the time to fully inspect, then take it back & complain like hell.

If no action go directly to Mazda but after their last debacle with about 20 very unhappy owners may need to contact Japan

Did the same with our new Mitsubishi as the windscreen had been fitted with a grade 60 tint film and I could hardly see to drive at night . Mitsu franchise refused to change it and said my lady had ordered it . My argument was that they should know that it would be unsafe . Contacted Japan who were very polite and attentive but said that there were no regulations in Thailand controlling tinted screens and up to the customer . I was in the UK at the time of the purchase and the saleslady had gone along with the 60 grade request but should have known what the implications would be , dont you think ?      Was considering a new Pajero  for myself and told them so but made no difference so for the sake of maybe 1000 baht to them they lost a sale of 1.4 million baht .   Where is the logic ?

4 minutes ago, superal said:

Did the same with our new Mitsubishi as the windscreen had been fitted with a grade 60 tint film and I could hardly see to drive at night . Mitsu franchise refused to change it and said my lady had ordered it . My argument was that they should know that it would be unsafe . Contacted Japan who were very polite and attentive but said that there were no regulations in Thailand controlling tinted screens and up to the customer . I was in the UK at the time of the purchase and the saleslady had gone along with the 60 grade request but should have known what the implications would be , dont you think ?      Was considering a new Pajero  for myself and told them so but made no difference so for the sake of maybe 1000 baht to them they lost a sale of 1.4 million baht .   Where is the logic ?

For me I think---where is the logic for complaining about something your wife ordered.  What if she had ordered 60 grade and they just arbitrarily changed?

No use complaining there.  If you need to complain, complain to your wife who made the mistake.

4 hours ago, CLW said:

I don't know about Thailand but when you order a brand new car in Germany the dealer will make an appointment with you when they deliver the car by truck to the dealer. So you can see it is brand new from the factory including stickers, protection foils etc.
A few days later when the have prepared everything, you can pick it up.

That's right. You can even pick up your new car at the factory.

1 hour ago, BBJ said:

Anyway, resolved.  

New car offered from Mazda Thailand storage.

Wow, maybe it was a cleaned-up demo car. Anyway, best wishes when the new car is delivered and safe driving.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:46 AM, pgrahmm said:

Possibly a flood car ?

very possible  -  lots of them around............but I blame the buyer for not checking the ar before he signed the papers and drove it off the lot.......bought a few new cars and never had to peel the protective sheeting off it myself, thats the dealers job.

7 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

very possible  -  lots of them around............but I blame the buyer for not checking the ar before he signed the papers and drove it off the lot.......bought a few new cars and never had to peel the protective sheeting off it myself, thats the dealers job.

The tyres showed the year 2017, hardly a flood car. 

Archived