Disapointed, Brand New Mazda CX-5 2.2 Diesel Owner

BBJ

1 hour ago, maximillian said:

My Mazda BT 50 High Racer gave me 150.000 trouble-free km within 8 years.

Nothing to complain about it and the service at different Mazda dealers was always

perfect and rather inexpensive. Diesel consumption is normally around 8 lit/100 kms.

I'm sure I can use this car for another 150.000 km and probably many more.

I've just turned my Mitsu L 200's meter to 300,000 +. The first engine, even the rear brake shoes are the first. It's important to service a car, not something Thais are good at. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be carefu!Last time customers complained to much about Mazda they got sued by Mazda

That is not true. Mazda has sued only some owners who claimed too much, didn’t accepted the generous offer and stated bashing Mazda in the Internet.

That is why I ended up purchasing a Vios Why would I want to buy a car from someone who sues their 
customer.
Mazda does not realize the damage they did by suing customers. Turns a lot of people off their
cars like me So I am sure there are others as well Very narrow-minded 

Mazda has only sued some crazy owners who didn’t a their generous offer and stated to bash Mazda in socials media. The problem only affected a small number of cars but there owners thought they can press a lot from Mazda.

And BTW, this has no influence on the sales of Mazda. The story is already forgotten in the Thai media. Mazda performs very well. They sell a lot of cars even though there are quite a small company.

Mazda makes very good and reliable cars. The reputation of the Mazda 2 and CX-5 is very high.

Even the former models should be zero mileage and unused, as such "brand new" even if they are now cheaper..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It seem, that it is the model from 2016 and a car for test drives. So it cannot be «brand new». Even with low mileage a cars starts ageing. That is the reason, why should make regular inspections even when you don’t drive the car.

But I agree, that the dealer should have taking more care of this car (cleaning, checking everything).

On the other hand, I assume that this 2016 car was sold much cheaper. The 2.2 l Diesel cost about 1.65 million Baht back in 2016.

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

New car?

Inspection inside and outside.

All plastic removed by the dealer before my inspection.

Everything tested before my test-drive with the dealer beside me.

Takes about 2-3 hours.

If all is well, then the car is delivered to me.

And if all not vell you vill be marched to the street and shot.

35 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

The tyres showed the year 2017, hardly a flood car. 

Floods happening this & last year....I'm sure dealer trades have taken place + the inventory at the CM auction always swells up after flooding down south....

I'm sure they are moving inventory around to cut loses as much as they can.....

1 hour ago, GoDucks said:

For me I think---where is the logic for complaining about something your wife ordered.  What if she had ordered 60 grade and they just arbitrarily changed?

No use complaining there.  If you need to complain, complain to your wife who made the mistake.

Sure she made an error without realizing the consequences but you would think that a sales advisor would have the product knowledge to explain the dangers involved and offer guidance  but that was not the case .  The tint film was discussed between the two of them and was a joint decision .  

Why do you think that in the UK any tint over 20 is banned and your vehicle can be seized . Are you beginning to understand ?  Despite the fact that there are zero guidelines in Thailand for windscreen tint does not mean it is safe to use a grade 60 or even 40 . 

14 minutes ago, superal said:

Sure she made an error without realizing the consequences but you would think that a sales advisor would have the product knowledge to explain the dangers involved and offer guidance  but that was not the case .  The tint film was discussed between the two of them and was a joint decision .  

Why do you think that in the UK any tint over 20 is banned and your vehicle can be seized . Are you beginning to understand ?  Despite the fact that there are zero guidelines in Thailand for windscreen tint does not mean it is safe to use a grade 60 or even 40 . 

Rules in the UK (or the US or elsewhere) are pointless.  In Thailand it's legal and offered because--some people obviously want it and actually order it.  And that's what your wife ordered, too.   

22 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

Rules in the UK (or the US or elsewhere) are pointless.  In Thailand it's legal and offered because--some people obviously want it and actually order it.  And that's what your wife ordered, too.   

Impossible to drive at night with a grade 60 tint , side windows and back not so bad but front screen a no no 

11 minutes ago, superal said:

Impossible to drive at night with a grade 60 tint , side windows and back not so bad but front screen a no no 

Try maneuvering around an underground parking area with the side windows up. I have a very light tint on the side windows (none on the windscreen) and have to lower a drivers side widow to be able to see clearly.

49 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

I thought there was a tint law on Thailand.. 70% of light must pass through the windscreen. 

I can't find a link to back this up though. 

Bad news for Mazda. I had been thinking of the Mazda C3 but that has settled it. Im going for Honda or Subaru. I will be sure to check every inch of the car when I get it thanks to this blog. Really appreciated OP.

7 hours ago, CLW said:

I don't know about Thailand but when you order a brand new car in Germany the dealer will make an appointment with you when they deliver the car by truck to the dealer. So you can see it is brand new from the factory including stickers, protection foils etc.
A few days later when the have prepared everything, you can pick it up.

Not in Thailand (BMW at least).. Previous 2 cars were just picked up from the dealer... 

It's just a car, no real need for multiple visits... But, if trust is an issue then I suspect we should he taking chassis numbers etc from as soon as it's off the delivery truck...  That's all a bit too much IMO... It's just 4 wheels and a bit of metal with a badge... 

On 5/19/2018 at 2:56 PM, The Renegade said:

It should have taken you at least an hour, if not longer, to inspect the car when you went to pick it up.

All those things you mention should have been picked up before you left with the car, then you should have handed the keys back and told them no way jose.

When you Purchase a new Vehicle Check the Tag on the Seat Belt this tag gives you the Year of Mfg, As although the Vehicle looks new could well be 2 years old, & with the new Transportation rules all vehicles must have MOT after 7 years,

On May 19, 2018 at 5:53 PM, jenny2017 said:

Not trying to insult you, but I'd never buy a Mazda. A mechanic from Mazda told me that the engines are pretty good, but the chassis ar usually not so good.

That was more about Pick up trucks, but I'd trust a Mitsubishi more when it comes to quality. 

I don't know where your friend gets his info from, but I've had a few Mazda Miatas and the engine is considered bullet proof......an excellent sports car. I currently have a six year old Mazda 2 and have no complaints. I would buy a Mazda 3 next time around.

Sounds like they palmed you off with a demo car or a return..... although cigarette lighters may have gone the way of the spare wheel... you don't get one.

They aren't big on 'quality control' here.....

14 hours ago, juehoe said:

And BTW, this has no influence on the sales of Mazda.

Really?

14 hours ago, juehoe said:

Mazda has only sued some crazy owners 

Yes, to buy a car from a company that sues its unsatisfied customers would indeed be crazy. Personally, I would not give them one satang. So, it does in fact influence sales. 

Yes, to buy a car from a company that sues its unsatisfied customers would indeed be crazy. Personally, I would not give them one satang. So, it does in fact influence sales. 

Mazda offered these few affected customers a free repair and much longer warranty (time and kilometres ). But these Mazda owners were greedy and asked for even more. They start to slander Mazda and then Mazda had to react.

Every company would do this.

Bad news for Mazda. I had been thinking of the Mazda C3 but that has settled it. Im going for Honda or Subaru. I will be sure to check every inch of the car when I get it thanks to this blog. Really appreciated OP.

I wouldn’t reject Mazda only because this isolated bad buyers experience.

It also depends on the dealer. There are good and bad dealers, everywhere and for every brand. We choose a bigger dealer even it is more fare away than one of the local dealers. Small dealers often not the capabilities.

Honda makes good cars but they don’t offer the fun of driving like Mazda. I also like the Subaru brand, but the dealer network is not so good.

I had the same opinion in 2008. But since some years I am used to the 60% tint. It offers many advantages during the day (less heat, less glare).

Night driving is no problem - especially because the new active safety feature (of our Mazda CX-5) help a lot.

Blind spot monitoring is really very useful at night because it also «sees» vehicles with no lights. Cross traffic alert and a backup camera are a must in Thailand. The new adaptive cruise control makes long trips less stressful.

3 minutes ago, juehoe said:

I had the same opinion in 2008. But since some years I am used to the 60% tint. It offers many advantages during the day (less heat, less glare).

Night driving is no problem - especially because the new active safety feature (of our Mazda CX-5) help a lot.

Blind spot monitoring is really very useful at night because it also «sees» vehicles with no lights. Cross traffic alert and a backup camera are a must in Thailand. The new adaptive cruise control makes long trips less stressful.

Less Heat.?.There isnt a Film thats does that . U.V and glare reduction only. Advertising heat reduction is outlawed in many countries

20 hours ago, BBJ said:

Funny that because we checked the BMW and was appalled at the build and tolerances in the bodywork.

Cost is definitely not an issue, but we ain't foolish enough to pay over the odds for a badge.

Like most people who never owned any luxury car, you do not understand that we do not pay for the badge.

Check any of my benz and you will understand that any Japanase car is crap.

1 minute ago, grkt said:

Like most people who never owned any luxury car, you do not understand that we do not pay for the badge.

Check any of my benz and you will understand that any Japanase car is crap.

I have both and to call Jap as inferior is pathetic. My BM exels greatly in engine power only, the rests just hair splitting.I do pay for the Badge on Both cant find a way not too.?

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Less Heat.?.There isnt a Film thats does that . U.V and glare reduction only. Advertising heat reduction is outlawed in many countries

What are you basing this on? It is entirely possible for a film to reduce radiant heat transmission by blocking the IR spectrum. Note that with modern films the heat reduction (SHGC, solar heat gain coefficient) and the light reduction (VT, visible transmittance) are no longer locked together, so you don't need to have windows too dark to see at night to have meaningful heat reduction. In the industry, VT/SHGC is LSG, light to solar gain ratio, and if your goal is heat reduction with minimal light reduction, you want the highest LSG you can find.

More detailed reading here:

http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/consumer/buildings/homes/windows/films.htm

On 5/19/2018 at 9:56 AM, The Renegade said:

It should have taken you at least an hour, if not longer, to inspect the car when you went to pick it up.

All those things you mention should have been picked up before you left with the car, then you should have handed the keys back and told them no way jose.

Not a helpful response  IMO. All of us can look in the rear view mirror and be experts. Why do that? Of course in hindsight the car may not be perfect.

But you should be able to expect a new car to be 100 percent new and if not then the dealer make it right. OP asks for advice in an unusual situation that does not occur often. Maybe you can also advise us to spend three hours reading the Owners Manuel before we take possession of a brand new car. 5555

1 hour ago, Sam Lin said:

What are you basing this on? It is entirely possible for a film to reduce radiant heat transmission by blocking the IR spectrum. Note that with modern films the heat reduction (SHGC, solar heat gain coefficient) and the light reduction (VT, visible transmittance) are no longer locked together, so you don't need to have windows too dark to see at night to have meaningful heat reduction. In the industry, VT/SHGC is LSG, light to solar gain ratio, and if your goal is heat reduction with minimal light reduction, you want the highest LSG you can find.

More detailed reading here:

http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/consumer/buildings/homes/windows/films.htm

Ask the Advertising Standard Folks, if 3M thought you and those lefty consumer mambies were right the would boast the Fact, and no doubt sue them thesedays.Its a Thai Myth, and profitable one once.

Archived