Disapointed, Brand New Mazda CX-5 2.2 Diesel Owner

BBJ

Yesterday, the wife and I collected our brand new CX-5 late afternoon.  During the drive home, we noticed the cigarette lighter was missing, but no issue, just ask for it to be replaced.  When we arrive home, the next morning I stripped back the protective sheets covering the seats, and noticed they did have that new look to them.  The edges were creased as though a few 100km had already been sat in them.  They just didn't look new.  As I pealed the plastic away from the door pillars etc, I noticed dirty finger marks all over the head lining.  We called them about the issue and they asked us to bring the car in.  Fair enough.  On the way back from shopping this afternoon, I used the wipers to clean the bird crap off but no water came out.  I checked the water but it was full.  As I'm pulling the leaver back to spray water, I can hear trickling under the car.  The water is running down the bulk head onto othe road!  As I get the missus to phone up and complain about this car not being 100%, she noticed the Mazda hub cap logo on two wheels are rusted!

So, where do we stand?   I want to drive back and dump the keys on the desk and ask for a new, 100% condition car.  Our honda Accord 2014 which we have just traded in with them, was presented better than this.  Do we have the right to ask for a new car?  Can we stop finance payments until the situation is resolved?  Either way, this car is not 100% showroom condition!

Thanks

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Yesterday, the wife and I collected our brand new CX-5 late afternoon.  During the drive home, we noticed the cigarette lighter was missing, but no issue, just ask for it to be replaced. 

It should have taken you at least an hour, if not longer, to inspect the car when you went to pick it up.

All those things you mention should have been picked up before you left with the car, then you should have handed the keys back and told them no way jose.

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

It should have taken you at least an hour, if not longer, to inspect the car when you went to pick it up.

All those things you mention should have been picked up before you left with the car, then you should have handed the keys back and told them no way jose.

I guess we are in the wrong then for assuming a brand new car from a reputable dealer should be in A1 condition.  We inspected the car but missed the lighter, and only noticed the dark round socket was empty when looking for a dash cam connection. Having also just recently bought a KIA grand carnival earlier last year which was also covered in protective plastic that was pristine when we had it delivered, I guess I was expecting too much from a brand such as Mazda!

As for the hour thing, I know of not one person that would stand in a showroom inspecting their brand new car for an hour.  We were there 2 hours, with 20 minutes running around the car checking the bodywork and interior that was wrapped.  Secondhand, then of course.  And after a car that has just been polished, or in this case, glass coated, how many are going to start checking window fluid operation?

8 minutes ago, BBJ said:

We inspected the car, but missed the lighter.

and missed

2 hours ago, BBJ said:

During the drive home, we noticed the cigarette lighter was missing

2 hours ago, BBJ said:

the next morning I stripped back the protective sheets covering the seats,

2 hours ago, BBJ said:

As I pealed the plastic away from the door pillars etc, I noticed dirty finger marks all over the head lining.

2 hours ago, BBJ said:

I used the wipers to clean the bird crap off but no water came out.

2 hours ago, BBJ said:

she noticed the Mazda hub cap logo on two wheels are rusted!

I would be really intrigued to learn what you did inspect.

12 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I would be really intrigued to learn what you did inspect.

I get it, there's always one!

You're obviously looking for an argument which you are not going to get.  And I am not going to go into details about the things you can spot in daylight, vs what you can see in a dull storage area at the showroom.  The point is it's brand new that is not brand new standard.

So your reasoning is, because we missed those details, we should accept the vehicle in the condition it is in.  How very Thai of you!

Just now, jenny2017 said:

If you're lucky, they might give you a few baht back. but I don't think that they take the car back. I hope that you don't have to find out how many km the clock really has/would have. Best of luck!!

That is the thing I am suspecting. If it was demo car they have cleaned up. 

6 minutes ago, BBJ said:

That is the thing I am suspecting. If it was demo car they have cleaned up. 

It should be easy to prove, check the brake pads, etc....even remove the cover of the head will show you a lot. Then you'd have a reason to give it back and the cops should be included. 

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

It should be easy to prove, check the brake pads, etc....even remove the cover of the head will show you a lot. Then you'd have a reason to give it back and the cops should be included. 

Cheers for the input.  

4 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Cheers for the input.  

And please check the manufactory date of the tyres. The documents can be changed, some Thais are good with Photoshop, but they wouldn't put new tyres on.

There must be the month and the year when they were made. 

3 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

And please check the manufactory date of the tyres. The documents can be changed, some Thais are good with Photoshop, but they wouldn't put new tyres on.

There must be the month and the year when they were made. 

First thing I checked when things didn't look good.  Nov 2017 which is ok

"I guess I was expecting too much from a brand such as Mazda!"

Yet you bought one didn't you?  You should insist (politely and quietly) that they take this car back and give you one without damage..........no telling what this one might have been through with all the flooding the past few years.  Don't expect them to comply though.....you will have to twist their arms to the point of breaking probably.  You're lucky you are financing.....I bought a Mazda 2 a couple of years ago, and when I ordered it I told the salesman I wanted EVERY optional thing it could get on it.  Got the car and drove it immediately to a tire dealer for different new tires and rims.

When they were installed I went to back up there was no rearview camera............and the damned thing had only 27 k on it.....I got Mazda to install and aftermarket rear view mirror camera but I'm still highly pissed at them and myself for not getting what I ordered.   I can tell you it won't happen again......next car I get I'm going to inspect EVERYTHING before I give them one penny.

33 minutes ago, TGIR said:

"I guess I was expecting too much from a brand such as Mazda!"

Yet you bought one didn't you?  You should insist (politely and quietly) that they take this car back and give you one without damage..........no telling what this one might have been through with all the flooding the past few years.  Don't expect them to comply though.....you will have to twist their arms to the point of breaking probably.  You're lucky you are financing.....I bought a Mazda 2 a couple of years ago, and when I ordered it I told the salesman I wanted EVERY optional thing it could get on it.  Got the car and drove it immediately to a tire dealer for different new tires and rims.

When they were installed I went to back up there was no rearview camera............and the damned thing had only 27 k on it.....I got Mazda to install and aftermarket rear view mirror camera but I'm still highly pissed at them and myself for not getting what I ordered.   I can tell you it won't happen again......next car I get I'm going to inspect EVERYTHING before I give them one penny.

Not trying to insult you, but I'd never buy a Mazda. A mechanic from Mazda told me that the engines are pretty good, but the chassis ar usually not so good.

That was more about Pick up trucks, but I'd trust a Mitsubishi more when it comes to quality. 

52 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Not trying to insult you, but I'd never buy a Mazda. A mechanic from Mazda told me that the engines are pretty good, but the chassis ar usually not so good.

That was more about Pick up trucks, but I'd trust a Mitsubishi more when it comes to quality. 

All personal preference and past experiences.  I've owned a Pajero 2010 3.2 and was well pleased with.  I owned a Mazda 3 at the time and was also pleased with that.  We test drove the new Pajero, CHR, Everest and Fortuna.  On the road, they were just not as good as the CX-5.  Still, my KIA which is now approaching a year old (20,000km) still looks newer than this CX-5 inside.  There are too many creases on the driver's chair for it to be brand new.

We are going back to the dealer tomorrow to resolve it.  Failing that, I will contact the President of Mazda Thailand.  I support Mazda, Mits, Ford and some other dealers via my own website, so I have some ammo if tomorrow is a failure.

A quick look underneath should give an indication of it being a demo or not, it should be near spankers under there and inside the wheel arches even with your couple of days driving.
Unfortunately you can't take anything being correct here as granted, due diligence and yes, more checks. Sad but this is what it is...
Good luck at the dealership, firm but polite and stand your ground..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Utter rot.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Just though I would mention that all new cars don't have ciggy lighter have the hole but not inner bit. Or ashtray come to that. Where I would like to ask do you put your tooth picks???
Exactly.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Yes, sounds like they have not been honest though.

In fairness to them, I think there are no cigarette lighter in Mazda's anymore, it is just a point to connect chargers etc. these days.

Can you provide a picture of your CX-5? The new model was just introduced some months ago. But some Mazda dealers still have the former model in stock and sell it cheaper.

You cannot expect a new car. The complaints are annoying but minor. You also cannot stop paying the finance because you made probably a finance contract with a bank and not with Mazda.

But you should note and document all your complaints and give the dealer some time to fix it.

I am a happy Mazda owner since 2008 and we had never problems.

Seems they did not do the pre delivery check properly, plus those doing the prep were sloppy..

Fag lighter is probably an extra as we smokers are looked down on..

Hubcap thingies, ask for replacements..

PS. When I bought my ride new I never checked the screen washers either....

16 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Just though I would mention that all new cars don't have ciggy lighter have the hole but not inner bit. Or ashtray come to that. Where I would like to ask do you put your tooth picks???

this was a bad start....  seems you dont know very much about picking up a new car..  Do have some sympathy for you though..

18 hours ago, BBJ said:

I guess we are in the wrong then for assuming a brand new car from a reputable dealer should be in A1 condition. 

I am with you on this.  It is completely fair and reasonable to expect a brand new car bought from a dealer to be in BRAND NEW CONDITION.  You should not have to inspect a brand new car and it absolutely fair and reasonable to expect it to be perfect!

Can you provide a picture of your CX-5? The new model was just introduced some months ago. But some Mazda dealers still have the former model in stock and sell it cheaper.

You cannot expect a new car. The complaints are annoying but minor. You also cannot stop paying the finance because you made probably a finance contract with a bank and not with Mazda.

But you should note and document all your complaints and give the dealer some time to fix it.

I am a happy Mazda owner since 2008 and we had never problems.
Even the former models should be zero mileage and unused, as such "brand new" even if they are now cheaper..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Archived