And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

You will not find many places in the world with multiple water parks like Pattaya

rooster59

You will not find many places in the world with multiple water parks like Pattaya

By Dan Cheeseman

cartoon-network-multiple-water-parks.jpg

Pattaya gets knocked almost on a daily basis. It is where I live but I give the region plenty of stick from time to time too. Pattaya really does offer so much as a region that just about any other city in the world would find hard to compete with, but it also attracts a lot of bad people – both Thai and foreigners too. It is this combination that leaves many people confused as to whether or not they can like the place. Some days I love Pattaya, yet other days I cannot wait to relocate.

The region is going through a massive transformation – truth is it has been happening for many years now – however it is only now it has started to escalate and people are feeling the change. Personally I see it as a downward spiral for the Westerner here – especially if you do business here. It is getting too tough to make a living on dwindling tourist and expat numbers. Whilst I see other nearby areas like Bangkok and Hua Hin as growth hubs still for Westerners.

Full story: https://danaboutthailand.com/2018/05/14/you-will-not-find-many-places-in-the-world-with-multiple-water-parks-like-pattaya/

DAN ABOUT THAILAND

Weekly Vlogs and Blogs from in and around Thailand

14 minutes ago, mikebell said:

My grandchildren are coming over in July but on a frozen UK state pension, I'll not be able to afford the entrance fee.

Pattaya Park although run down and well past it's prime, is a fun day out for kids and affordable.

2 hours ago, lanista said:

My youngest would like it but has it been passed to western safety standards?

Does the entrance fee have an insurance against injury component?

Maybe, but i doubt it.

I am not surprised they have water parks in Pattaya because you cant swim in the Gulf unless you're well insured.

Full NBC suit probably better than insurance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Name the admission price for the real shocker.

Thai entertainment at farang prices.  So this is geared toward farang and well-to-do Thais.  Doubt this would go over anywhere but major tourist venues.  Ouch!
But put in perspective, you can drop this much per person while drinking beer and eating Buffalo Wings while watching the World Cup play-offs at the local bar. 

Prices for Cartoon Network Amazone Pattaya
5b00f7d7da76f_Screenshotfrom2018-05-2011-20-59.png.ab95d621e297d32ab92ea0059fa42ddf.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Lord have mercy,the price is incredible,i know they have staff to pay and overheads,but the last time we went to a water park near us in Wichianburi  i think it was 100 or 150 baht.

Not sure about CN but Ramayana give good deals for locals  if you book online and, given you are a captive audience, food and drink prices are not extortionate.

Also got a set of 50% discount vouchers for entrance fee which all the kids at my daughters school were given last week (expire 31st May though!)

3ED357C3-21E5-49F5-A70C-6CD67E4A3780.thumb.png.b1d897c9ce0da9285bd75b05b9d8babb.png

try the gold coast australia. dreamword has a great water park,  seaworld is great, with accomadation on site,

and waterworld, helped build is the best, not to mention the best surf  and flat water beaches in the world, if you love water you have to go !

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sirmud63 said:

IMHO theres nothing worse than going to a water park , anywhere. 

the water temp is between 30-34 deg , feels like swimming in piss. 

oh wait , with that many kids in there , you probly are .:post-4641-1156693976:

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Certainly not with dual pricing !

11 hours ago, lanista said:

Maybe, but i doubt it.

I am not surprised they have water parks in Pattaya because you cant swim in the Gulf unless you're well insured.

Try Orlando, Florida if you want waterparks. They do pass Western Safety Standards--except for being shot, you are in the USA, you know-- have insurance, medical care and proper life guards. They also have strict water recirculation and treatment regulations, but like your family swimming pool, I would not drink the water. And, for you non-believers, there is also dual pricing. Floridians get considerable discounts.

6 hours ago, stropper said:

try the gold coast australia. dreamword has a great water park,  seaworld is great, with accomadation on site,

and waterworld, helped build is the best, not to mention the best surf  and flat water beaches in the world, if you love water you have to go !

Have they got rid of those sea lice which made swimming in the ocean there a nasty

experience? (I'm going back 30 years or so)

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

My grandchildren are coming over in July but on a frozen UK state pension, I'll not be able to afford the entrance fee.

Check online for special  offers and purchase food coupons.  Ive  been a few times,  as cheap as 380 per person including me. It's a fantastic  day out... Prime  time can be expensive  but just keep checking 

Maybe, but i doubt it.

Yes both Waterparks designed and installed by Western organisations.

Can’t speak for the day to day operation but I can tell you there isn’t a Waterpark in the world that is without risk, nature of the product.

I can tell you that the majority of injuries sustained on Waterslides are due to misuse, follow the rules and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, connda said:

Thai entertainment at farang prices.  So this is geared toward farang and well-to-do Thais.  Doubt this would go over anywhere but major tourist venues.  Ouch!
But put in perspective, you can drop this much per person while drinking beer and eating Buffalo Wings while watching the World Cup play-offs at the local bar. 

Prices for Cartoon Network Amazone Pattaya
5b00f7d7da76f_Screenshotfrom2018-05-2011-20-59.png.ab95d621e297d32ab92ea0059fa42ddf.png

That is expensive, send the kids in and wait outside in the car for them and hope they will be OK.

One adult, 2 kids, down 3270 baht and they  still wanna ice-cream! 

As to 'senior', who qualifies for that rate  and how?

Edited by jacko45k

18 hours ago, stropper said:

Or in Kuala Lumpur the Sunway Lagoon waterpark.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, getithere328 said:

Yes both Waterparks designed and installed by Western organisations.

Can’t speak for the day to day operation but I can tell you there isn’t a Waterpark in the world that is without risk, nature of the product.

I can tell you that the majority of injuries sustained on Waterslides are due to misuse, follow the rules and you should be fine.

some waterpark slides have broken with children on them. i think this happened at the one on the roof of central bangna/ . either poor maintenace or failure to detect structural issues.  i notice the heat can make plastic deteriorate

Edited by atyclb

some waterpark slides have broken with children on them. i think this happened at the one on the roof of central bangna/ . either poor maintenace or failure to detect structural issues.  i notice the heat can make plastic deteriorate

Yes they have and in various parts of the world. Lack of maintenance and inspection is an issue. Also, design, specification, installation and as mentioned, misuse. The majority of Waterslides are manufactured using resins and Glass Fibre. Resin is Thermo Setting so can withstand high temperatures without failing. UV can degrade the resin to a degree but I have yet to see anything structural (in 34 years).

• Like 1

As long as people are stupid  enough to accept to pay the unfair or overcharged prices of a water park or any theme park (anywhere in the world), despite highly rickety safety or hygiene standards.....why should anybody bother ?

Edited by observer90210

As long as people are stupid  enough to accept to pay the unfair or overcharged prices of a water park or any theme park (anywhere in the world), despite highly rickety safety or hygiene standards.....why should anybody bother ?
Try telling a disappointed child that he's not going to the water park because daddy thinks the price is unfair!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Try telling a disappointed child that he's not going to the water park because daddy thinks the price is unfair!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I understand...a friend of mine gave in to his 12 year who was making life hell to get the latest iPhone....and well dad did get one, not to disappoint the poor lad....so I fully understand what you mean....

• Like 1