Which engine for a Fortuna

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:56 AM, superal said:

The 2.4 diesel gives a real kick in the back when put into sports mode and great for overtaking . More than enough power for driving in Thailand .

You really think that "sports mode" gives more power?

On 5/24/2018 at 4:56 AM, superal said:

The 2.4 diesel gives a real kick in the back when put into sports mode and great for overtaking . More than enough power for driving in Thailand .

Sports mode mainly ups the rpm at shift points, same as you can do with a manual box and your foot.. ..

On 5/25/2018 at 10:27 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

I think they drove mini minor 850s back in the world if they find a tuna powerfull enough, about the same performance i found.

My 1959 Mini 850 had a top speed of about 70mph...I just had a look at the advertised 0-60mph, it was 27 seconds... Fortuner must be around 10 seconds and well over a 100mph....:stoner:

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Your last paragraph is the only part that makes any sense, the rest is garbage. 

If you had cared to look you would have found that I was replying to a previous post as to why the 2.8 has better economy than a 2.4. It's a power to weight thing.

Note to self don't try to educate the 1/2 a brain cell peeps on TV. Might just be better for them to go back to their room and play with their Lego.

15 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Smokes" is hardly the appropriate word for a second or so difference!

2 seconds difference....that quite a lot if you looked at the distance between the cars when the first one gets to 100km/h. *and that's comparing the 2.4 2wd vs 2.8 4wd. The 2.4 4wd will be even slower. 

On 5/27/2018 at 5:14 PM, mogandave said:

Yeah, 2 seconds is over 20%, not insignificant. 

Given the smack the Ford guys around here talk, am I the only one surprised the Ford is slower and burns more fuel that the Toyota? Too funny. 

There's a very good chance the everest / ranger will come with the 10 speed/2.0biturbo later this year. Will be interesting to see the figures for those. 

Archived