2 + 1/2 years...What changed?

bermondburi

Should be going to Thailand next week, first time in 2 + 1/2 years. What's changed? I'm not going to be up to any naughty business. First thing I'll be doing is painting a house I just bought. I'm not actually that excited about going but Mrs and kids are there already for the school holidays. Living in Saudi so looking forward to the cooler weather and some rain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

after seeing the lack of quality in thai painting I refused to let them touch our house, luckily I brought all my painting gear with me seeing it was my trade for many years and do all our house work myself. At least I know it is being done right and drop sheets being used as well as not painting over anything attached to the walls/ceilings etc, the lack of decent trades people here is a huge reason to do it yourself. 

• Like 2

On 5/23/2018 at 2:59 PM, whiteman said:

Hope you got a work permit to paint your house them there  hills have Eyes they will pot you for the 500  bhat ?

Second that! Got the you can’t do that from neighbor when painting the fence. My reply <deleted>? Explained and I continued painting. But not may people out this way to have an issue 

On 5/23/2018 at 2:59 PM, whiteman said:

Hope you got a work permit to paint your house them there  hills have Eyes they will pot you for the 500  bhat ?

There's always one who spouts the 'work permit' tosh when someone suggests they are going to fix up their house, cut the grass, paint the wall etc... 

Has anyone ever been arrested and charged for actually doing a little work on their own property ?

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 4:13 AM, malt25 said:

With the cost of labor, why would you even consider painting it yourself ?

Because I will enjoy doing it, and I'll do a proper job. This is my second house in Thailand. I learned a few things from the first time.

On 5/23/2018 at 4:40 AM, rhodie said:

Some people like things done properly. ?

exactly

On 5/23/2018 at 4:47 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. It's hot here. Maybe not as hot as Saudi, but still hot enough to do some hotcrotch cooking.

If you want cool, should have been here 5 months ago.

looking forward to some Thai storms as it goes. It is hot and dusty here.

On 5/23/2018 at 6:11 AM, seajae said:

after seeing the lack of quality in thai painting I refused to let them touch our house, luckily I brought all my painting gear with me seeing it was my trade for many years and do all our house work myself. At least I know it is being done right and drop sheets being used as well as not painting over anything attached to the walls/ceilings etc, the lack of decent trades people here is a huge reason to do it yourself. 

I'm the same as you. 

On 5/23/2018 at 8:30 AM, Dick Crank said:

Your posting about buying the house...get over it.

People buy houses every day. It's not that special.

On 5/23/2018 at 10:59 AM, whiteman said:

I'll take my chances. 

• Like 1