PayPal In Thailand

20 hours ago, seajae said:

I had to open a thai account when I moved here and I still have my aussie account I can use when I go back there, just needed to have a thai bank account set up for online purchases to use my thai paypal, no problems

Same I did. All problems solved. 

Got this from them today

"Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the limitation on your account. To fully restore your PayPal account we need you to complete the below step(s). Please follow the instructions below:

- Please provide a proof of address.

As proof of address we'll accept a copy of a utility bill (such as an internet, gas, water or electricity bill). The document must show your full name and address as they appear on your PayPal account and cannot be older than 6 months. The document must be fully legible.

Please note that we do not accept a bank statement as a valid proof of address.

If you are not living in the UK, you will need to open a PayPal account for the country you are currently living in"

I don't have any utility bills so I suppose that is that on that card but i might try again with one of my other cards.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, juice777 said:

Got this from them today

"Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the limitation on your account. To fully restore your PayPal account we need you to complete the below step(s). Please follow the instructions below:

- Please provide a proof of address.

As proof of address we'll accept a copy of a utility bill (such as an internet, gas, water or electricity bill). The document must show your full name and address as they appear on your PayPal account and cannot be older than 6 months. The document must be fully legible.

Please note that we do not accept a bank statement as a valid proof of address.

If you are not living in the UK, you will need to open a PayPal account for the country you are currently living in"

I don't have any utility bills so I suppose that is that on that card but i might try again with one of my other cards.

Don,t waste any more of your time with them.............:whistling:

Don,t waste any more of your time with them.............:whistling:
I won't waste 2 much time but i like PayPal because it easy to pay people with.Including friends and family when I owe them money in the UK or tradesman etc.And I aways prefer to pay with PayPal instead of putting my credit cards in things when it works which has always been before for me its very handy.

I have UK and Thai addresses in my Ebay profile and switch between the two (if necessary) prior to making payment. My bank a/c is in UK at that billing address and paypal is tied to it.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

7 hours ago, juice777 said:

I won't waste 2 much time but i like PayPal because it easy to pay people with.Including friends and family when I owe them money in the UK or tradesman etc.And I aways prefer to pay with PayPal instead of putting my credit cards in things when it works which has always been before for me its very handy.

Before I came here (feb 2014) I set up payments to friends family with one of my uk banks......paypal I only used for ebay purchases delivered to my alternate uk delivery address (my sons home) payments taken from my UK bank and all was fine until a couple of months ago until I got the same <deleted> you have received from them.....OK after going through the third degree I closed my account BUT I can still make purchases from ebay through my uk DEBIT card which is still recognised by paypal,it expires late next year so maybe then paypal will refuse to accept or update it....in the meantime I can still use it provided the seller accepts "other forms of payment" most do but there are those that take payments "only through paypal" which is entirely different to payment by credit/debit card which are "verified" by paypal.

Hope U understand....apparently paypal uk does not allow anyone apparently living (temp. or permanent) overseas to be registered with them...you must register with the appropriate paypal account in the country you reside in :whistling:

I have UK and Thai addresses in my Ebay profile and switch between the two (if necessary) prior to making payment. My bank a/c is in UK at that billing address.
HTH
That's what I did to but then they somehow put 2 and 2 together and I got flagged when I paid for world of war craft.The same could happen to you.

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

I have UK and Thai addresses in my Ebay profile and switch between the two (if necessary) prior to making payment. My bank a/c is in UK at that billing address.

HTH

Eventually if your registered with paypal uk they will catch up with you and you will have the same rubbish to contend with....it took 4 years for them to latch onto me :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

Eventually if your registered with paypal uk they will catch up with you and you will have the same rubbish to contend with....it took 4 years for them to latch onto me :thumbsup:

I've had no probs in a dozen plus years but am aware of new T&C that come into force shortly that I haven't yet checked out. I'll take a look this w/e.

Edited by evadgib

Before I came here (feb 2014) I set up payments to friends family with one of my uk banks......paypal I only used for ebay purchases delivered to my alternate uk delivery address (my sons home) payments taken from my UK bank and all was fine until a couple of months ago until I got the same you have received from them.....OK after going through the third degree I closed my account BUT I can still make purchases from ebay through my uk DEBIT card which is still recognised by paypal,it expires late next year so maybe then paypal will refuse to accept or update it....in the meantime I can still use it provided the seller accepts "other forms of payment" most do but there are those that take payments "only through paypal" which is entirely different to payment by credit/debit card which are "verified" by paypal.
Hope U understand....apparently paypal uk does not allow anyone apparently living (temp. or permanent) overseas to be registered with them...you must register with the appropriate paypal account in the country you reside in :whistling:
Also i found out yesterday that some sellers cant sell outside of there own country even if they acept non PayPal payments.This wasent a problem with digtel purchase with PayPal.

Same here 4 years for me 2

Eventually if your registered with paypal uk they will catch up with you and you will have the same rubbish to contend with....it took 4 years for them to latch onto me [emoji106]

I've had no probs in a dozen plus years but am aware of new T&C that come into force shortly that I haven't yet checked out. I'll take a look this w/e.
Sounds like they are having a crack down becarfull what you buy with it.

Why not get a vpn that way you can seem like u are in the UK.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was thinking that if i try with my other cards but it's to late now as they want to see bills from the UK.

Dose anyone know what you need in the UK to open a new account?

3 minutes ago, grkt said:

hello, can you confirm that they will automatically lock by account if used from abroad ? Thanks.

I guess it depends what you are doing.

I've got 3 accounts.  One for Hong Kong, one for UK and one for Thailand.   I use all 3 from Thailand, all from the same computer, and often all one after the other.

I've never had any issue.    But what has worked for me may not work for you.  

• Like 1