Video: Back to school and back fighting - Thai media reports on Bangkok schools at war

webfact

7 hours ago, kingkenny said:

I saw the start of one a few days back whilst driving home on King Kaew Road, 4 or 5 motorcycles, all with two students on, spotted someone on a song taew, they were giving the finger etc then they all stopped I could see them in my mirror waiting for the song taew.  I did a u turn and came back round but the police were already there and everyone had scarpered..

Did you see the ones in London where kids are being stabbed to death every day by other kids. Thais have a lot to learn, don't you think..........................

As long as teachers show violence to their students as if it's the norm, and despite being against the law with nothing done about it, then kids will learn accordingly.  Teachers can bash kids so it must be okay.

Parenting is one thing but the most influence comes from schools.

Are we being a bit over critical here?  Youth's everywhere have these running battles, it is part of the culture in many countries and goes back centuries.  Whether it is mods and rockers or punks or football "fans" it is all part of life when growing up.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Put every one of them in the army for a year, and while they are there make them do jobs such as climbing down into the drains along the roads and removing the tons of garbage that is there.

And a year later , they will be using their army taught killing skills on each other

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fred31 said:

Did you see the ones in London where kids are being stabbed to death every day by other kids. Thais have a lot to learn, don't you think..........................

99% of trouble in London is to do with drugs and turf wars. Can't compare it to this. 

3 hours ago, Fred31 said:

With my background I dealt with such issues on a daily basis in the UK..

Maybe I am reading this wrong but have you read something into my post either saying this doesn't happen in the UK or criticising or name calling the Thais in the incident I saw. I wrote what I saw, I didn't give opinion on it 

6 hours ago, quandow said:

I blame a large part of this on elementary schools. More and more the kids are told to sit in their chairs or sit in an orderly fashion during recess/break times. They aren't given the time and freedom to learn how to interact in a social setting, how to work out their problems reasonably, until they reach a point like THESE poor kids. The only thing they seem to know is "attack." This is becoming a very angry society.

Thais were always violent according history. The country of the free. Free to do what they want. 

That might answer my open question on what these kids are doing at school. 

I mean, 6 years primary, 6 years secondary followed by 3 - 4 years of university and most of them are absolutely brain dead and unemployable, as they lack rock bottom basic skills. This lead me to query, what on earth is happening with the future of this country. 

For some of them I could read up the answer further up; the rest is getting pregnant or busy taking selfies with their phones (for which they could not pay the subscription with their own money to start with) over somtam or noodle soup! 

If you want to take this country from the dungeons of the middle age then revamp the education ministry completely - I mean - 100% 

Edited by Sydebolle
typing error
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Get Real said:

Nice to see that they finally get use of what the parents and the school have been teaching them. I must come from somewhere, right?

Too much TV where violence and guns reigns supreme!!

A similar incident happened in an Aussie school recently, where the big brave teens ganged up on a lad with a disability.     They were all identified on a videotape and were last seen in the company of the police.  Hopefully, parents to follow!

• Like 2

On 5/25/2018 at 9:28 AM, smew said:

Thai society in desperate need to control their anger from young to very old !

Schoolboys from different schools fight each other in every country all over the world, it's normal ?

On 5/25/2018 at 11:17 AM, shady86 said:

Grooming the future of the country.

Yep this is where they learn most of their stupidity and gang wars is applied throughout their lives as parents are oblivious to what goes on, as schools don't want the bad publicity that effects the Government hand outs

On 5/25/2018 at 6:26 PM, dunroaming said:

Are we being a bit over critical here?  Youth's everywhere have these running battles, it is part of the culture in many countries and goes back centuries.  Whether it is mods and rockers or punks or football "fans" it is all part of life when growing up.  

Yeah I remember stabbing and machetiing a few  kids when i was that age, if  that didnt  work Id get the gun...................NO I never  did this sort of crap at any age, it does take restraint to NOT be like this.

• Like 1