Leo looters! Locals help themselves to beer after truck trailer accident in Lampang

webfact

Leo looters! Locals help themselves to beer after truck trailer accident in Lampang

4pm.jpg

Pictures (2): Sanook

Passersby helped themselves to more than a thousand cans of Leo beer after they came loose from a truck that collided with a barrier in the rain.

Sanook said in their headline that the people should not have done that.

They were pictured with bags and sacks helping themselves to the beer as quickly as they could. The beer was spread all over the road.

Some of it was damaged but plenty was drinkable.

The accident happened near the village of Ban Mae Phraw in Ngaw district.

41pm.jpg

Driver Mongkhon Thapthawee, 37, said that it was drizzling and he lost control hitting the barrier. Several pallets of his load of "a famous beer brand" came loose. He was taking the beer to Phayao.

Pictures clearly showed that it was Leo brand.

Sanook reported that it took 3 hours before insurance assessors arrived at the scene.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-25
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Driver Mongkhon Thapthawee, 37, said that it was drizzling and he lost control hitting the barrier

Probably never experienced precipitation whilst driving before ! ?

Another (not) competent driver on the Thai roads.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I've seen something similar in Indonesia; a truck with Beer Bintang, had dropped its cargo, but here the looting was properly organized by a local policeman; just to avoid traffic congestion.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

And apparently remade. 

Thanks for that! I had no idea, just d/l it now.

Mind you, it's often not so good watching a remake (2016). The only name I recognise is Gregor Fisher (The Baldy Man).

The 1949 version had James Robertson Justice, Gordon Jackson, Basil Radford. I'm just an old git though, enjoying watching those old names. I kept expecting to see John Laurie in it, but he wasn't.

• Like 1

So the clean up was quick and efficient. They probably couldn't sell the beer

anyway and the company would be insured, so no harm no foul. Good job

by the volunteer cleaning crew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Under the Law of Salvage, they are pretty much entitled to tip a few cans while they're helping pick up the mess. 

Granted, if they were loading up their pickups and driving away, yeah, that looting.  But calling the people tipping a few while they help clean up the mess is rather petty.
And the cargo for the most part would not be fit to be sold after hitting the cement although I'm quite sure the attempt will be made. 

Edited by connda

13 minutes ago, eliotness said:

Seen a similar accident in the UK many years ago on the M6.  However the Police were quickly on the scene to prevent looters.  The load wasn't beer though, it was cans of baked beans.  

Dangerous gas restrictions would have been in place.

• Haha 2

Happened years ago on the road to the Clinton Creek mine. Driver slid into the ditch. Walked into town to get a dozer to come pull the tractor trailer out. When he arrived back, all that was left in the 45 foot van was the gin.

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

It looks to me that he was going down hill, I can't tell from either photo whether he was

on the phone or not.

Yes I was wrong at first glance and post. Tough getting older as the eyes become less focused. 

On 5/25/2018 at 10:57 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Probably never experienced precipitation whilst driving before ! ?

Another (not) competent driver on the Thai roads.

Thank god incompetent drivers exist in thailand and no where else in the world.

You are clearly an expert in such matters

• Sad 1