Invest in crypto now and hold LT. Fund yr retirement in Thailand

Still gives me the same vibrations as the ones who told me to invest in "World Games" back i 2000. A huge pyramide scam. 

If this is the future, and I invested in it, I would kept my mouth closed, invested slowly as much as I could at low prices, and not bring the hype to the crowds. 

Yes some kind of coins will be the future, maybe one of yours, will be, but most of them will go down the drain with everyone aboard. 

Please be offended, I could not care less, 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

Personally whenever someone posts about crypto I am amazed that people are still trading that stuff - the saying in the stock market is "The public buys the bull market just gone". Seeing some posts reminds me of the sad 'true believer' bagholders on Pink Sheet stock web boards. They really think they are buying 'the next XXX' without realising a group of people sat around a table and worked up a story for them Its very easy to judge their level of sophistication.

• Like 1

It's not an investment. It's speculation, just like the Dutch tulip bubble. Some will win big, and some will lose big.

Buy platinum. Only one month's forward supply in the world, and just look at where it is mined.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

maybe be a scam, maybe a group of people in the basement of a pizza parlor, bla bla. do your research folks and now is a good time. Im happy holding and enjoying my early retirement but if I wasnt holding I would be close to buying in. the crypto market is very predictable and if you can't see that yet keep looking and ignore the simplistic repetitive memes posted here by the losers

Edited by phycokiller
  • Haha 2

• 5 months later...

When people when people don’t understand, they are very capable of negativity. It took 20 years before the washing of hands by doctors was compulsory after a young doctor realised it was the huge cause of deaths. And what about Good Morning America host famously saying in 1994, “ And what the heck is this internet.”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

When people when people don’t understand, they are very capable of negativity. It took 20 years before the washing of hands by doctors was compulsory after a young doctor realised it was the huge cause of deaths. And what about Good Morning America host famously saying in 1994, “ And what the heck is this internet.”

There have been many who also lost money on this internet thing. If you remember. You have to be there in time, and not to early, and not to late ????

On 6/3/2018 at 6:05 PM, mokwit said:

Personally whenever someone posts about crypto I am amazed that people are still trading that stuff - the saying in the stock market is "The public buys the bull market just gone". Seeing some posts reminds me of the sad 'true believer' bagholders on Pink Sheet stock web boards. They really think they are buying 'the next XXX' without realising a group of people sat around a table and worked up a story for them Its very easy to judge their level of sophistication.

Tell that to any poor sods who bought their gold at the last ath

6 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Tell that to any poor sods who bought their gold at the last ath

Gold is a proven safe investment if you look at it in a long perspective. You will never loose everything, and if have time, you will get back your investment. 

28 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Gold is a proven safe investment if you look at it in a long perspective. You will never loose everything, and if have time, you will get back your investment. 

Tell that to the people who bought it in 2011 and paid storage every year since.... ???? 

18 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Tell that to the people who bought it in 2011 and paid storage every year since.... ???? 

Who buy 100 kg gold? 

Again, know your timing! And again, your gold is not going to loose big time! I just want to be safe, I have enough, not aiming for a fantasy, or fantasy return. Crypto is pure speculation, nothing else at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Who buy 100 kg gold? 

Again, know your timing! And again, your gold is not going to loose big time! I just want to be safe, I have enough, not aiming for a fantasy, or fantasy return. Crypto is pure speculation, nothing else at the moment. 

I do own some gold but i don't expect miracles from it

It's important to stay diversified with your assets

I don't know what you mean by 100kg of gold? 

40 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

I do own some gold but i don't expect miracles from it

It's important to stay diversified with your assets

I don't know what you mean by 100kg of gold? 

Very few need to store their gold? It is not like huge volum you need to keep. An safe cost less than 80 000,- baht, and then you need a good security warning system. If you have money for investment, you also have money for securing it. As I said, Im not looking at a huge fortune by it, but a safe deposit. Also spread som risk on other fond is a good thing to do. 

But for those who like the rush of excitement, I guess that is not enough!

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Very few need to store their gold? It is not like huge volum you need to keep. An safe cost less than 80 000,- baht, and then you need a good security warning system. If you have money for investment, you also have money for securing it. As I said, Im not looking at a huge fortune by it, but a safe deposit. Also spread som risk on other fond is a good thing to do. 

But for those who like the rush of excitement, I guess that is not enough!

Its better to hold gold than any Fiat currency, if you have enough in savings, although Thai banks offer much better Interest than its European counterparts.

Once you've brought gold there's not much you can do with it, when you invest in Bitcoin you are still at the start of something groundbreaking and watching and hearing of all the products and companies being established and the price movements add something to the whole experience.

There were an awful lot of crypto hedge funds set up last year and pretty sure 98% of them lost or are down huge sums. Many spread their bets buying other top 10 alts and they would have suffered even worse potential losses

There shouldn't be such a thing as a crypto hedge fund just a Bitcoin hedge fund.

Start one in about 5 months and it will be a different story

On 11/24/2018 at 12:49 AM, ed strong said:

when you invest in Bitcoin you are still at the start of something groundbreaking and watching and hearing of all the products and companies being established and the price movements add something to the whole experience.

Watching the price movement be that of a steady whirl, as it spins and spins down the toilet, probably isn't that exciting.

What do the HOLDers think? 

6 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Watching the price movement be that of a steady whirl, as it spins and spins down the toilet, probably isn't that exciting.

What do the HOLDers think? 

I imagine Hodlers feel better than the guys that missed the boat on investing in Bitcoin.

HODL is exactly what is says, you dont panic sell you wait 5 years +

Warren Buffet once said the reason most people aren't rich is because they are essentially too impatient, they expect returns in a year or so and if doesn't go there way they exit the market  and complain that they missed out

Bitcoin has been around for ten years and its only the people that invested in the last 12 months that would be down on there portfolio.

Guys this is still fairly new tech and still hasn't achieved 1% of what it will be capable of doing.

Go back 4 or 5 years and many of us sat watching the price go from 1,000 usd to 180 usd and all the trolls were out laughing at the guys who invested at 1,000 usd and how they must be seeing their investment going down the toilet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ed strong said:

I imagine Hodlers feel better than the guys that missed the boat on investing in Bitcoin.

HODL is exactly what is says, you dont panic sell you wait 5 years +

Warren Buffet once said the reason most people aren't rich is because they are essentially too impatient, they expect returns in a year or so and if doesn't go there way they exit the market  and complain that they missed out

Bitcoin has been around for ten years and its only the people that invested in the last 12 months that would be down on there portfolio.

Guys this is still fairly new tech and still hasn't achieved 1% of what it will be capable of doing.

Go back 4 or 5 years and many of us sat watching the price go from 1,000 usd to 180 usd and all the trolls were out laughing at the guys who invested at 1,000 usd and how they must be seeing their investment going down the toilet.

Patience it the key word, and it is not patience to jump on a train in full speed ????

as Dot.com showed perfectly fine, just wait for the 7. Wave, it will be the biggest one, and in the meantime, you have built confident it is not only one or two before it goes to dust. 

It is easy for Warren to tell people how to invest, when you can afford to loose big time, and life goes on as normal. Can not compare to TV members in general. 

2 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

if the question is for me Im still well over double my investment, 

When you finely realize your trading, I guess you will know for sure. Until then, it is just a number without value. Or I am mistaken here? 

If Im going to buy two coins, how much transfer cost do I have to pay, and what does it cost to put in a wallet storage? Annular fee, or? Someone have a simple explenation? Explain buying Bitcoin in a simple dummy way, Thanks

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

When you finely realize your trading, I guess you will know for sure. Until then, it is just a number without value. Or I am mistaken here? 

If Im going to buy two coins, how much transfer cost do I have to pay, and what does it cost to put in a wallet storage? Annular fee, or? Someone have a simple explenation? Explain buying Bitcoin in a simple dummy way, Thanks

not sure exactly what you mean. the storage costs nothing. at the moment Im paying about 5c to transfer to an exchange to cash out. they have their fees as well. check out localbitcoins.com to get an idea of buying.

I will buy if bitcoin continue to fall next year. I see major contributors is behind a couple of interesting cryptos, but as I said before, it is like buying land in Thailand, you never know. 

I find it accaptable as long it would not influence my daily life if it fails. 

28 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

A lot of broke farangs on barstools thought the same.... ???? 

First of all, I do not sit on barstools, life is to short to waste my time there where everything stays status Q. Nothing new, no surprises! Second, if they are broke, they spent all their fortune on one card, and we all know we should not do that? Right? There is rules you just can not brake in life. First is, never ever run after the buss or a train, there will always come a new one! Second I guess I have alreade expressed clearly! 

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

First of all, I do not sit on barstools, life is to short to waste my time there where everything stays status Q. Nothing new, no surprises! Second, if they are broke, they spent all their fortune on one card, and we all know we should not do that? Right? There is rules you just can not brake in life. First is, never ever run after the buss or a train, there will always come a new one! Second I guess I have alreade expressed clearly! 

You seem smart enough to know not to put all your eggs in one basket... 

Broke guys on barstools probably weren't lol

Nobody ever gets married thinking they will be divirced in x years but the statistics are say nearly half end in divorce and that's not counting separations etc

My Thai land and house etc would be likely gone in a divorce but like any investment i knew the rules before i Bought it

• Like 1

My biggest concern about the cryptocoins now, is, what if some key leaders decide to just make a new crypto? And likely as I read Amazon and Facebook with many more big leading companies just waiting for something to happen. I guess, they are not going to the table yet, but when they do, they want something they are part of. Nobody owns bitcoin, and there is no interest in bitcoin as fast there is someone reliable starting a new one. Right now, it is also getting to expensive to mine new cryptocoins most places in the world.

It is 2000 days to there is not more cryptocoins to mine with todays mining rate pr day. What happens when there is no more coins to mine? 

And why the heck do you need such a stupid crypto coin to mine, and an expensive way, as it is stealing alot of valuable resources from our planet. It is absolutely deleted amazing we buy in to that crap.