Alcohol ban from midnight tonight for 24 hours - lawbreakers to be jailed and/or fined

webfact

Just now, marshmentkc said:

Many upscale places serving; Kuppa on Soi 16 for one!

Crikey what a name for a place. Won't be getting Finnish customers anytime soon, "kuppa" in finnish means syphilis. I don't dare to ask what they serve.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Crikey what a name for a place. Won't be getting Finnish customers anytime soon, "kuppa" in finnish means syphilis. I don't dare to ask what they serve.

At least they get something out of this bar. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

At least they get something out of this bar. 

Reminds me of the guy who walked up to girl in the bar and said when you came to my room last week you gave me a disease !! She replied I didn't give you it, you paid 1000 baht for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

This is how it worked in my hood: 

e2842af6-3f6f-48f0-8c1b-aca98709f591_zps

All locals came home in the afternoon loaded with black plastic bags full of bottles. And now, after a looong and  tiring day without work, they are as drunk as usual.

Throw them in the Gulag, 10 years each.  Or a 200 Baht fine.  ?

maxresdefault.jpg.142135155fc82cb2a1c1168ecec553da.jpg

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2018 at 3:57 PM, mark131v said:

'Those breaking the law will be fined up to 10,000 baht and/or jailed for up to six months said Pol Col Krisana Pattanacharoen'

There is absolutely no correlation within the crime committed and the sentence you 'could' receive, I state 'could' as we all know in a corrupt third world there is often the option to bribe your way out of trouble but come on, six months for having a beer on a 'Buddhist' holiday!!!!

No expert but wasn't Buddha a kind of live and let live kind of a chap, does seem slightly skewed when you can beat the living <deleted> out of somebody and receive nothing more than a B500 fine and a slap on the wrist so long as you are Thai obviously, different set of rules again if you are one of those damned interfering foreigners......

This country is a joke, no wonder more and more Ex Pats are heading Home or to pastures new, can you imagine having to live here and being in an unhappy Thai Marriage aswell, those poor Sods of which there are many.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

How many Muslims do you know? And how many want to kill you? And how many live a life making a living and raising a family just like you and I.

The fact that most Muslims do not want to kill you does not alter the fact that Islam does

Just back from my morning walk ... yup!.... the offies are open too. I bought my usual 5l Mont Clair (1005 baht) successfully at 10am. I didn't really need to buy any but bought it out of spite....
Where did you find the 5ltr Mont Clair? I can only find 3ltr boxes for the same price!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I went out around 5 PM to a local Bar/Restruant yesterday and had dinner and TWO LEO small bottles of beer with my dinner...

No Problem ................. Buy I won't mention 'Where' (in Thailand).............. LOL...............