Yingluck granted 10-year UK visa, says BBC Thai website

webfact

9 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

If you read my post again, it refers to Thailand getting international recognition...

My comment was about us getting 10yr visas for Thailand !!

Thailand Elite... some come with  a free condo too!

46 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I'd be interested to know which European country has issued Yingluck with a passport, holders of passports from most countries in Europe don't need a visa to enter the UK. 

I stand to be corrected, but I think Albania is the only European country whose citizens require a via to enter the UK

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

The implication of this is that the UK specifically and several other countries in general do not recognize the legitimacy of the court case against her.

I bet Prayut nearly choked when he heard it!

Thailand- if you want to have international respect for your country and system of justice, you need to have a respectable system of justice and put an end to these 'show trials' where political opponents are brought down. The proper way to hand over power from one government to the next is through an election.

You will be a laughing stock until you manage this....

Money has spoken!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

Yinluck out of jail and Tommy in. The UK lost it's face already in Europe. Disgusting country, let them take the Brexit to go out please.

Disgusting people in power, you mean?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

INTERESTING POST, now here is a scenario for folks to think about.

After the election when Prayut is given his marching orders, he goes to the UK meets up with Yingluk, hello love you fancy going for a drink, and a chat about old times.:cheesy:

Hmmmhhh... Don't you think Prayut would remember what happened to Pinochet? p is only a clone of P after all...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Perhaps P is seeing the writing on the wall and is actually going to the EU to apply for a passport.

Well, it seems the writing is indeed on the wall, though the scrabblers for power and those who want to hold on to power have a few bits of scrabbling still to do. Their descent will not be pretty, it never is, there's always a few hold-outs who want the tide to turn back because they say so.

I think however that Uncle Too has lost the support of the big guy. And that's a problem for him. His rich mates comprising the bullk of the amart won't be able to turn that steam engine around for him, so expect more signs in coming weeks that they're getting ready to throw him under the bus.

Also watch for NCPO members to start taking long trips abroad, from which they may, or may not, return. I doubt many will mourn their passing from the scene.

"I'm a soldier. Yes, I'm a brother, bound to you by duty and oath. Yes I will support you (if there's a buck in it for me). Yes, I will praise you to the rafters and explain what a wonderful guy you are. But will I go to prison out of loyalty? er... Will I take a bullet for you? Just remembered, got a meeting I should go to..."

Edited by KiwiKiwi

45 minutes ago, eggers said:

So how come "the Puppet" gets a Visa w/ an outstanding Arrest Warrant against her, yet Julian Assange has to be holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy?

Maybe, she arrived on a skiff from Dubai as an Asylum seeker !! 

What happened to the Interpol Red Notice!!

The Watchman must have been winding his collection!!

Hmm, think "the Puppeteer from Dubai" has worked his skulduggery!! 

I would guess the British don't recognise the charges the military brought against her after they over threw the elected government.  Maybe she is a political refugee.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

You need to give us married folk a 10 year visa too ?

I have a friend from the UK who lives here with his Thai wife he got her a 10 year visa to visit the UK as he goes each year for a holiday.

From what I recall it wasn’t too difficult.

The Schegen one you have to apply each year

• Confused 2

Prayut should embrace this. He could make use of her as a translator when he goes to meet May and Boris, enjoy a free tour of the best Thai restaurants in London and get the inside scoop on what you must have in order in case the need to make a hasty departure from LOS arises.

Edited by coulson

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

You need to give us married folk a 10 year visa too ?

That would eliminate the inconvenience that is causes for most of us, some of us having to travel 1 hour and 20 minutes each way, to wait 5 minutes to get a 90 days stamp, visa's can be cancelled you know, because they are just that, a visa.

Think outside the square 5 year, 10 year visa's x the 1,900 baht per annum it usually costs would also inject large cash into the economy.

Think how many people could save on petrol costs, time, trees saved on less paper used, and the relocation of a lot of immigration officers dispatched to airports to deal with the increasing volume of tourists. oooops, sorry forgot where I was again ?‍?

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Court jailed her to five years in jail for negligence as the head of government and chair of the National Rice Policy Committee.

Why are they leaving out that she still needs to pay 35 Billion THB ?  Biggest mistake Prayut made was letting her "escape" .

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, daftdada said:

The Shinawatras have amassed their weath thru subversion, plundering, and extortion. Stop sticking up for them.

Not standing up for the Shins....but you need to research their businesses in Thailand and abroad...eg: SC Asset here in Thailand is going very well....they are not so dopey.

2 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

I wonder if this will put the Man-Child off including the UK in his coming Europe visit. It would be anathema for him to know he's in a meeting with Boris and Theresa and Yingluck is shopping for handbags around the corner. 

She might be comparing the price of the wristwatches too, eh?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

I'd be interested to know which European country has issued Yingluck with a passport, holders of passports from most countries in Europe don't need a visa to enter the UK. 

Think you need to research your comment. A visa request and a ‘foreign’ passport are not synonymously connected. She obviously has a passport, and applied under routine procedures. And I would suggest it was through the British system.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Ouch this has to hurt the military junta and it's 2 supporters.  Contrary to what. Prayuth really believes, the world doesn't support his military rule and see Yingluk as a political refugee

Ya think so? They conspired to let her go in the first place, and now that she got a new passport and visa what do you hear from the gubment?....crickets.