Trump wades into furore over racist Roseanne Barr tweet

webfact

Very sad that President Trump is acting as an enabler of this kind of thinking. Hopefully, he is a one-termer. The United States is practically a pariah for electing and supporting this man. He makes us all look bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I don't like her and would not watch her if you paid me. However liberals are hypocrites look at the attacks from them. Look at the WH dinner and that nasty attack on the press secretary all the liberals were having a climax. PC is what's wrong with the USA these days someone says something they don't like and they run into a corner seeking therapy for hurt feelings.

There are plenty of ways to say nasty things about Valerie Jarrett without bringing race into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RB's ex-husband Tom Arnold was on CNN this morning.  He'd known Trump for quite some time.  After Arnold divorced RB and remarried, he recalled Trump saying to him that he "married up" and that "Roseanne was disgusting."  I wonder if Roseanne will still blindly support Trump with that knowledge....

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/05/31/trump-not-a-friend-to-roseanne-ex-husband-tom-arnold-sot-ac.cnn

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

RB's ex-husband Tom Arnold was on CNN this morning.  He'd known Trump for quite some time.  After Arnold divorced RB and remarried, he recalled Trump saying to him that he "married up" and that "Roseanne was disgusting."  I wonder if Roseanne will still blindly support Trump with that knowledge....

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/05/31/trump-not-a-friend-to-roseanne-ex-husband-tom-arnold-sot-ac.cnn

Yes that's believable but "trump" loved that Roseanne had become a political fan of his Lordship so naturally praise him and get praise back. Also he's obsessed with television RATINGS and wanted to milk part of her ratings success as well by associating with her. He's usually not that hard to figure out. It is ALWAYS about him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Black people insult each other all the time it's not a 'white' thing bro.

You really can't see why that's different or are you just being purposely obtuse?

Note: After posting this and reading on I noticed someone also used "purposely obtuse" in addressing this poster. I just want to note that I wasn't aping him.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL 55555555555555

I've been called "ling" many times because I have a hairy chest.

Some people obviously live to look for insults where none exist.

Yes because there is no history of black people being likened to apes or monkeys.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Can we please stop saying 'left wing'?  you mean 'liberal'?  not the same thing at all. I consider myself 'left wing' but I loathe the PC liberals and don't identify with them in the slightest. The Dems and liberals try to hijack the term.

If you're going to keep on making this claim, I would advise you not to leave access to your comments on other threads accessible to all. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

On Tuesday, Barr had apologised "for making a bad joke" about Jarrett, who is black and was born in Iran to American parents.

I would have assumed Barr and Jarrett were the same race, both non-white Middle Eastern Semites.

And to be fair to Barr, Jarrett does have a bit of a chimp face.

valerie-jarrett.jpg

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

If you're going to keep on making this claim, I would advise you not to leave access to your comments on other threads accessible to all. 

You're just not getting his perspective: he is the "left wing" of a very conservative cabal.

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I would have assumed Barr and Jarrett were the same race, both non-white Middle Eastern Semites.

And you would have assumed wrong.

Any other nonsensical tidbits to offer?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

And now the hardcore anti-Semite joins in. And how sad is it that you can't even get your bigotry right. Both of Jarrett's parents are African-American.

19 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And now the hardcore anti-Semite joins in. And how sad is it that you can't even get your bigotry right. Both of Jarrett's parents are African-American.

I'm not a racist, I'm white, my pal is black and my family is Asian.

I'd shag young Jewish or Muslim ladies, given the chance, but their religions won't let them.

I also quite like Sharia Law, it's the way forward for the UK and Europe IMHO.

PS. Jarrett doesn't look black to me, more like Persian or Asian.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'd shag young Jewish or Muslim ladies, given the chance, but their religions won't let them.

Keep telling yourself that it's their religion and not your personal qualities that keeps those young women from your embrace.

And as for your claims about some relationships in your personal life, why wouldn't I believe an anonymous person who posts bigoted comments?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

mate, it isn't their religion that is holding them back.

More likely, their involuntary gagging reflex is the culprit...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, daoyai said:

Tell me about it, I am not white and I been stereotyped most of my life... I laugh it off,  I deal with it... sad what America has become (will this post be removed too?) 

How dare you use the term " white " . Now I'm butthurt, only white people can use that term or its racist. haha.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The point is, that assertions about one's personal life coming from an anonymous party, have no evidentiary value at all.

I don't see why not, I'm happy to believe you are male and come from Bristol.

There are very few posters on this forum who aren't living with a local, why would you think different?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Never did like her show in the 80s or 90s, whenever it was.  I'd forgotten all about her until recently, stumbled onto a podcast with her as the guest.  She was hard to understand, needed subtitles, seemed evident she's gone bye bye into outer space.  Comments since I saw that suggest it happened quite a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

For someone who is so into speaking his mind, Trump sure is a whiney little flower when others also assert their right to do so.

Image result for it's not fair trump

Indeed.

Maybe he should take to heart the words attributed to one of his predecessors, Harry S. Truman: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

But as Truman was a Democrat, no doubt Trump and his supporters consider those words liberal PC madness!

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
27 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Lets put it this way, Trump has tweeted far worse, and he is still president. ?

That's true. But there isn't anyone to fire him. 

Maybe time that Twitter should ban him, they have banned others for their racist comments...

8 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

As well he should wade in as double standards abound! 

Liberal hypocrisy has no limits Booony as we both know.

How many MSM media commentators, including ABCV, called Trump an orangatang and were never even sabctioned, let along fired.

ABC's loss will be Fox's gain.  Probably under another name, and in 'due course', but just like Top Gear and all the main hosts came back as The Grand Tour after Jeremy Clarkson was sacked by the PC liberal publicly owned UK channel, so will Roseanne come back in the future.

Fox will have Roseanne 2 and Last Man Standing 2 - their ratings will be even higher above the liberal media channels.

• Haha 1