Appeals court acquits rights activist Andy Hall, endorses research

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

On Thursday, the Appeals Court ruled that Hall had not acted unlawfully according to the prosecution’s accusations and promptly pronounced him acquitted of all the charges filed against him. 

Hope the courts continue to challenge the golden circle's arrogance and self obessed ways. 

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

NO...

Not until that is overturned...

And Natural Fruit pays legal costs and damages to Hall and all the others who have been trying for years to get justice, and those who have have been behind this travesty of persecution are behind bars. 

There should be a world ban on Natural Foods. 

Careful. Natural Fruit Co. might be coming after you next. I wouldn't put it past these %^*holes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mark131v said:

Good that common sense has prevailed for once but I am still not clear on the B10 million fine they handed out, would he still pay that if the case was overturned I know that would be the case in a functioning justice system but we are talking about Thailand here....

The 10mil THB are damages sought by the company in a separate civil case lodged by the plaintiff. It is not a fine by the gov't.

Think of OJ. He was found not guilty in the criminal case where the plaintiff was the gov't/district attorney's office. Then found responsible for the 2 deaths in a civil court where the plaintiffs were the victims' families. And he had to pay. 

Andy's troubles are far from over. But if he loses the civil case, he simply does not have to pay so long as he never returns to Thailand.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Careful. Natural Fruit Co. might be coming after you next. I wouldn't put it past these %^*holes. 

I was just expressing an opinion...

Likewise Andy is not saying people should boycott there products but does help those who wish to avoid there products.

https://andyjhall.wordpress.com/case/natural-fruit/ 

I am sure Natural Foods have already asked WordPress to block his site and they have not because there is nothing wrong with it.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I was just expressing an opinion...

Likewise Andy is not saying people should boycott there products but does help those who wish to avoid there products.

https://andyjhall.wordpress.com/case/natural-fruit/ 

I am sure Natural Foods have already asked WordPress to block his site and they have not because there is nothing wrong with it.

Hi Bas. I didn't mean to sound threatening in my reply to your post. 

I agree wholeheartedly to avoid their products. 

When I "warned" you in my reply,  I was just having a go at the ultra-rich that believe they are above the law and not your post. 

My reply was meant as a humourous commentary on the tragic state of (in)justice in this place...where the rich flout the law and use their wealth to bring  defamation suits against whistle-blowers and "influence" the judiciary.

I think this co. produces several products under various brands. 

Mr. Google has been excellent in helping me make more ethical consumer choices.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Hi Bas. I didn't mean to sound threatening in my reply to your post. 

I agree wholeheartedly to avoid their products. 

When I "warned" you in my reply,  I was just having a go at the ultra-rich that believe they are above the law and not your post. 

My reply was meant as a humourous commentary on the tragic state of (in)justice in this place...where the rich flout the law and use their wealth to bring  defamation suits against whistle-blowers and "influence" the judiciary.

I think this co. produces several products under various brands. 

Mr. Google has been excellent in helping me make more ethical consumer choices.  

I did not take it any other way...

Like Andy I have no plans on returning to Thailand any day soon, not that I do not want to but due work commitments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Anybody know when the appeals court gives a verdict on the two Myanmar boys in Kao Tao?

The police and the courts have buried that case BUT Andy Hall was involved with their defence team So there might be some movement there but only if Andy Hall can push it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

So does this mean common sense and justice  are  returning

to Thailand .

regards worgeordie

sounds like a common sense result, but as for returning -- well that's another story …. 

• Like 2