Walking Street to be cleaned up! But it's not what you might think.

snoop1130

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

From what I have seen around town in Pattaya is they have only been putting the electric cables undergound,and leaving all the rest of the cables on the poles same as before....

If you ever drive down Naklua Soi 16, watch for a very large, new beige home on the left.  The owner, who must be super-rich, has managed to bury all the cable wires running in front of his property.  As you drive along, you see the usual 100 or more hanging mess of wires.  Then you come to his property and they vanish, only to reappear just past his property.  However, even with all his money he was not able to bury the electrical wires and there are still 5 or 6 of them running in front of his property on the high poles.

Pattaya’s Walking Street gets a ‘family’ make-over.

By The Thaiger & The Nation

Walking-Street-Cover-1021x559.jpg

Walking Street in South Pattaya is facing its biggest makeover in decades early next year for a more family orientated feel. The unsightly hanging wires are set to be buried underground in an effort to beautify the infamous red light street to appeal to families.

But not everyone is thrilled about it – the operators are worried about the effect on their business of the anticipated three months of work.

Yesterday a meeting was held at Raas attended by mayor Anan Jaroenchasri, City Hall officials, electrical engineers and the bar and restaurant owners.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattayas-walking-street-gets-a-family-make-over

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-06-01

16 hours ago, fforest1 said:

From what I have seen around town in Pattaya is they have only been putting the electric cables undergound,and leaving all the rest of the cables on the poles same as before....

There's just not enough room to bury all !...

I am very touched to see how considerate of them to bury only some of the cables and leave enough burial room for the drunk falangs when they stumble and fall in the pits!

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Walking Street in South Pattaya is facing its biggest makeover in decades early next year for a more family orientated feel. The unsightly hanging wires are set to be buried underground in an effort to beautify the infamous red light street to appeal to families.

This paragraph is totally ridiculous, I don't think anyone who ever took offence to Walking Street even noticed there were overhanging wires! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

This paragraph is totally ridiculous, I don't think anyone who ever took offence to Walking Street even noticed there were overhanging wires! 

true.that's probably the last thing i would notice on WS.

and that should be in the bottom of the list of things to fix in Pattaya

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Probably true but only because u live closer to soi Bukaw.?

HA.  It would better but its probably more me.

Boring me I just don't go out much anymore sleep at 10 or 11 pm.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

there is only one way to make walking street family friendly and that is to run a digger through it and return it to a beach front as it should be.

all the current brothels can then be relocated to the darkside out of sight of family tourists

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

there is only one way to make walking street family friendly and that is to run a digger through it and return it to a beach front as it should be.

all the current brothels can then be relocated to the darkside out of sight of family tourists

Congratulations First post ever from u that i can agree with.

How about that new law where all beach overcroaching buildings have to be demolished immediately and owners fined accordingly? 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

effort to beautify the infamous red light street to appeal to families

Hookers, lady boys, strip shows, and dead drunk tourists. Like the guys at the TAT, and City Hall officials I was also wondering, what is the secret of a successful family targeting tourist attraction.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

We have more than enough brothels over here already, I'm not sure that they would be happy with more competition ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

That is probably because most people in Walking street are high or stoned

On 6/1/2018 at 8:51 AM, gandalf12 said:

".... in an effort to beautify the infamous red light street" please explain how you can beautify a red light district? It is what it is and beautification is not really their main concern

Check Singapore red light districts..... 

Just now, Ks45672 said:

Check Singapore red light districts..... 

I am sure you are right but my mind doesnt really consider such areas in this world. Even if it is worse that doesnt excuse Walking Street

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, fforest1 said:

Even if they did, the next time someone needs a new telephone wire, they'll just hang it off the buildings and it would end up looking worse than now.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:41 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I can think of a lot of roads in Pattaya that need the wires buried before Walking St. I'm thinking it's a deliberate move to ruin the businesses there and make them close down.

From my own selfish point of view - I hope they don't start this while I'm living here.

On 6/1/2018 at 9:51 AM, gandalf12 said:

".... in an effort to beautify the infamous red light street" please explain how you can beautify a red light district? It is what it is and beautification is not really their main concern

You seem to confuse your personal moral outlook with Aesthetics. 

1 hour ago, The manic said:

You seem to confuse your personal moral outlook with Aesthetics. 

Not really. My personal views on Pattaya would not be published here. I lived for a number of years just outside Pattaya but it has continually managed to sink lower with every month that passes. Pattaya as a family destination is only possible in a different dimension. I attracts the scum of the earth so a clean up to try and cover the worst parts of it are only a temporary measure at best