Should you be careful about what you write in TV Forum?

Brunolem

5 hours ago, norrska said:

Write to them with crayon or pencil crayons if you really want to wind them up!

Er, no, that would only result in a visit from a couple of guys in white costs.

Really, what is wrong with letter-writing (using a biro is now acceptable, but wouldn't have been 40 years ago)?

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 10:39 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Right then,  I better start enjoying myself before I get arrested and sent to work hard labour in the Siberian salt mines because my grandson is watching Tom & Jerry cartoons on YouTube.  

Be careful when you're watching the Japanese version of Tom & Jerry! That could get you a place in the salt mines. 

On 6/1/2018 at 8:04 AM, ELVIS123456 said:

As pointed out, every post you make using your mobile phone network can be 'traced' to you,

You can use a VPN on your mobile too. I use one at work while on their wifi but can leave it on all the time.

Also, on a PC to cover Microsoft have a look at Spybot Anti-Beacon. A few clicks and your done ?

• Thanks 1

I wear a different disguise every time I go out and I change cars and homes regularly, you can't be too careful in this day and age - I'm off to the mall this morning, I think I'll wear the pink outfit with the blonde wig, that'll fool 'em. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I wear a different disguise every time I go out and I change cars and homes regularly, you can't be too careful in this day and age - I'm off to the mall this morning, I think I'll wear the pink outfit with the blonde wig, that'll fool 'em. :post-4641-1156694572:

I've borrowed Glitterman's bike and feather boa....no one will ever know its me.

Edited by RonniePickering22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Your medicine...

6 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

“Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.”

- Edward Snowden

"Its not the same at all"

-Sanemax

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

“Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.”

- Edward Snowden

"If you are worried or concerned about other people hearing what you say, then, do not say anything at all to anyone . Don't talk or communicate with anyone "

- Max

7 minutes ago, norrska said:

LOL

Quoting a low end computer worker such as Snowden as your moral philosopher guide could be a slippery slope!

Are you considering yourself as being above Snowden, when it comes to computer knowledge, as well as morality?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, norrska said:

LOL

Quoting a low end computer worker such as Snowden as your moral philosopher guide could be a slippery slope!

Job status has nothing to do with ideas, ethics, morality, or intelligence.

However - "...a low end computer worker..." is wildly inaccurate and reveals your lack of knowledge of his background.

Snowden rose thru the CIA due to his computer skills, and was given diplomatic cover and a 4 bedroom apartment near Lake Geneva.

After he quit the CIA, his computer work as a contractor earned him salaries of up to 200k USD.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, sanemax said:

I cannot be bothered to read the links .

I m not concerned about "being watched" all the time .

And I don care if a comapny is keeping track of me .

I am beggining to sound paranoid : I do not believe that there is anyone watching me and I dont believe that there is anyone or thing, watching my every move

total paranoia is total awareness. 5555. Boy after reading this thread I sure am going through the little valium I have left quickly

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Job status has nothing to do with ideas, ethics, morality, or intelligence.

However - "...a low end computer worker..." is wildly inaccurate and reveals your lack of knowledge of his background.

Snowden rose thru the CIA due to his computer skills, and was given diplomatic cover and a 4 bedroom apartment near Lake Geneva.

After he quit the CIA, his computer work as a contractor earned him salaries of up to 200k USD.

Fake news and totally untrue

Guy was a low end computer hack.  Let's throw a few facts at your bs.  Guy was a perpetual loser, school drop out, physical security guard and low end computer programmer.  All the rest is a creation of the media and your imagination.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward Snowden’s Education

Edward Snowden dropped out of high school and studied computers at Anne Arundel Community College in Arnold, Maryland (from 1999 to 2001, and again from 2004 to 2005).

Between his stints at community college, Snowden spent four months from May to September 2004 in special-forces training in the Army Reserves, but he did not complete his training. Snowden told The Guardian that he was discharged from the Army after he “broke both his legs in a training accident.” However, an unclassified report published on September 15, 2016 by the House Intelligence Committee refuted his claim, stating: “He claimed to have left Army basic training because of broken legs when in fact he washed out because of shin splints.”

NSA Subcontractor

Snowden eventually landed a job as a security guard at the University of Maryland's Center for Advanced Study of Language. The institution had ties to the National Security Agency, and, by 2006, Snowden had taken an information-technology job at the Central Intelligence Agency.

In 2009, after being suspected of trying to break into classified files, he left to work for private contractors, among them Dell and Booz Allen Hamilton, a tech consulting firm. While at Dell, he worked as a subcontractor in an NSA office in Japan before being transferred to an office in Hawaii. After a short time, he moved from Dell to Booz Allen, another NSA subcontractor, and remained with the company for only three months.

I really don't think I am important enough for anyone to be watching me. In any case, I don't use Facebook or Twitter. The first is for narcissists, the second is for twits.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, norrska said:

Fake news and totally untrue

Guy was a low end computer hack.  Let's throw a few facts at your bs.  Guy was a perpetual loser, school drop out, physical security guard and low end computer programmer.  All the rest is a creation of the media and your imagination.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward Snowden’s Education

Edward Snowden dropped out of high school and studied computers at Anne Arundel Community College in Arnold, Maryland (from 1999 to 2001, and again from 2004 to 2005).

Between his stints at community college, Snowden spent four months from May to September 2004 in special-forces training in the Army Reserves, but he did not complete his training. Snowden told The Guardian that he was discharged from the Army after he “broke both his legs in a training accident.” However, an unclassified report published on September 15, 2016 by the House Intelligence Committee refuted his claim, stating: “He claimed to have left Army basic training because of broken legs when in fact he washed out because of shin splints.”

NSA Subcontractor

Snowden eventually landed a job as a security guard at the University of Maryland's Center for Advanced Study of Language. The institution had ties to the National Security Agency, and, by 2006, Snowden had taken an information-technology job at the Central Intelligence Agency.

In 2009, after being suspected of trying to break into classified files, he left to work for private contractors, among them Dell and Booz Allen Hamilton, a tech consulting firm. While at Dell, he worked as a subcontractor in an NSA office in Japan before being transferred to an office in Hawaii. After a short time, he moved from Dell to Booz Allen, another NSA subcontractor, and remained with the company for only three months.

It's telling that you give no attribution for your posted information.

You state "fake news" and " Let's throw a few facts at your bs."  and then post with no source.

Try wikileaks -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden

Wiki is not the be all and end all of information but is a good start, it gives reference footnotes for the info, and the info included which I stated is backed up by numerous other sources.

" Let's throw a few facts at your bs."

"perpetual loser" is a purely subjective judgemental statement and is not "news" of any sort nor does it have an objective reality.

This has no relationship to a "fact".

Many "school dropouts" are among the best and the brightest.

Numerous online lists to verify this.

"...physical security guard and low end computer programmer..."

These are superficial subjective judgements on your part which mean nothing and are irrelevant to his comment I quoted (although "low end computer programmer"/"low end computer hack" is incorrect by any standard).

As stated in a previous post, this bears no relation to quality of thought, ethics, morals, intelligence.

Albert Einstein worked in the Swiss Patent Office as:

"assistant examiner – level III.[52][53]

Einstein evaluated patent applications for a variety of devices including a gravel sorter and an electromechanical typewriter.[53] In 1903, his position at the Swiss Patent Office became permanent, although he was passed over for promotion until he "fully mastered machine technology".[54]:370"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I really don't think I am important enough for anyone to be watching me. In any case, I don't use Facebook or Twitter. The first is for narcissists, the second is for twits.

Me either , I am just one of 7 Billion people in this World , one of three billion people using the internet everyday , sending 20 Billion or so, bits of information everyday .

Who cares what I post on TV ? (apart from the Mods ?

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Me either , I am just one of 7 Billion people in this World , one of three billion people using the internet everyday , sending 20 Billion or so, bits of information everyday .

Who cares what I post on TV ? (apart from the Mods ?

If, in the future, you come under the gaze of the authorities, they can read everything you ever wrote on the internet.

Better hope you never get into strife with the authorities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If, in the future, you come under the gaze of the authorities, they can read everything you ever wrote on the internet.

Better hope you never get into strife with the authorities.

No they cannot .

If I were to go to an internet cafe , create an E-mail account in a fake name and then send an E-mail .

How could that E-mail be traced back to me ? 

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No they cannot .

If I were to go to an internet cafe , create an E-mail account in a fake name and then send an E-mail .

You could do that, but not everytime you use internet.

Sooner or later, habits are created and then you become a target...so to speak...

15 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

You could do that, but not everytime you use internet.

Sooner or later, habits are created and then you become a target...so to speak...

Do you have a history of smoking marijuana ?

Not being rude, but you sound paranoid and smoking weed makes people paranoid

51 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No they cannot .

Seems like a lot of work to send an email.  It is not always what you write yourself but sometimes simply who is on your contact list.  Hundreds of people have my email address because I use it as my main form of contact.  Any of them could have "people of interest" on their contacts list etc. etc.  Nothing paranoid about that.

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Do you have a history of smoking marijuana ?

Not being rude, but you sound paranoid and smoking weed makes people paranoid

Stating facts has nothing to do with paranoia!

I inform myself by reading a lot, and what I relay here is not a personal opinion but what I have gathered from my readings.

I could post hundreds of links, but you wouldn't bother to read them, since you prefer to cling to your beliefs.

In the past, people stating facts, such as the Sun doesn't revolves around the Earth, were persecuted by believers who couldn't accept facts contradicting their beliefs.

The more things change, the more they remain the same...

1 minute ago, Brunolem said:

In the past, people stating facts, such as the Sun doesn't revolves around the Earth, were persecuted by believers who couldn't accept facts contradicting their beliefs.

That seems illogical to me : Some people were wrong in the past, that ,means that everyone must be wrong in the future ?