Should you be careful about what you write in TV Forum?

Brunolem

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That seems illogical to me : Some people were wrong in the past, that ,means that everyone must be wrong in the future ?

Mate,   I'm seriously suggesting you for the "dog with a bone award".    You deserve it for the decade.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

No they cannot .

If I were to go to an internet cafe , create an E-mail account in a fake name and then send an E-mail .

How could that E-mail be traced back to me ? 

I can see how your mates might get a bit fed up with that.  Having to respond to a different email address every time you contact them.  I suppose they have to post a coded message in the classified ads if they want to contact you?

SC

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I can see how your mates might get a bit fed up with that.  Having to respond to a different email address every time you contact them.  I suppose they have to post a coded message in the classified ads if they want to contact you?

SC

I could use the same E-mail address , as there would be no connection between that E-mail addy and my real name .

Is it about here on the thread where I place my advert to sell you guys who show an interest in limiting your exposure a secure VPN ?? at a bargain price of course.

There are organisation that can easy to create a false profile and crucify you anyway - if we are declaring true knowledge concerning data manipulation

Whether one becomes a person of interest is immaterial, whether one attracts actions from powerful agencies should be the concern, because then a VPN is as useful as p1ssing into the wind.

Maybe if you have little to hide, your greatest asset is to be seen not trying to hide it ?

5 minutes ago, grollies said:

Who gives a shit?

Apparently if you ask the right people they can give you times and dates ?

or perhaps only if you take your phone to the small room ?

Don't know if the data will come with sound effects!!

10 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Ok, who cares?

3 minutes ago, grollies said:

Ok, who cares?

Well apparently some of the posters on the thread are opposed to auto data collection, to the extent they feel the need to take action. The camouflage may give them a little comfort, and they no doubt feel justifies any expense on running a VPN or other corrective tools.

52 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Wait for the scratch n sniff internet

On 6/2/2018 at 9:07 PM, JimmyJ said:

When Glenn Greenwald hears "I don't worry about invasions of privacy because I have nothing to hide", he has stated he gives that person a piece of paper, and requests that since they have nothing to hide he would like them to write down their handle and password for ALL of their email accounts and their social media accounts so he can read it and publish whatever he finds interesting. He tells them that if they're not a bad person and  have done nothing wrong they should have nothing to hide.

How strange! Not a single person has taken him up on it.

I am issuing the Glenn Greenwald challenge to all of the "Who cares?"/"I have nothing to hide" posters here.

Please post (or pm if you prefer - but why would you prefer that - you don't care) your handles and passwords for all of your email and social media accounts.

If you don't mind potentially hundreds of people having access to everything you've ever emailed, if you use Google then every search you've ever made, everything you've clicked on in your searches, everything you've highlighted and cut/pasted in the sites you clicked on, every Youtube you've ever viewed, etc., etc., then surely you don't mind having one or a few posters on this forum seeing it as well.

Oh - you won't do that.

You do value your privacy - even though you've done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I am issuing the Glenn Greenwald challenge to all of the "Who cares?"/"I have nothing to hide" posters here.

Please post (or pm if you prefer - but why would you prefer that - you don't care) your handles and passwords for all of your email and social media accounts.

If you don't mind potentially hundreds of people having access to everything you've ever emailed, if you use Google then every search you've ever made, everything you've clicked on in your searches, everything you've highlighted and cut/pasted in the sites you clicked on, every Youtube you've ever viewed, etc., etc., then surely you don't mind having one or a few posters on this forum seeing it as well.

Oh - you won't do that.

You do value your privacy - even though you've done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide...

Oh that my life was so interesting to others. If I feel the requirement for a publicist, I can employ my own thank you. Short of that, I can wait until Google, Facebook, You Tube,Twitter or any other net management party choose to provide the service for free based on the volumes of tedious information collected - I'm not holding my breath ? but anyway thanks for the offer

I can wait until Google, Facebook, You Tube,Twitter or any other net management party choose to provide the service for free based on the volumes of tedious information collected - I'm not holding my breath [emoji16]

Fair enough collecting data these being free to use sites but if I can turn off data collection or block it then that’s my choice. It’s not hard.

All of the data collecting afaik can be turned off your Google account but can break stuff. I turned off the voice recording and my Google Mini stopped working.

I turned it off because the Google Mini was next to our TV and the TV occasionally sets it off (thinks it heard Hey Google from the TV). When that happens it can record our conversation and store on Google.

Will turn recording back on but move the Mini away from the TV :)

21 hours ago, sanemax said:

I could use the same E-mail address , as there would be no connection between that E-mail addy and my real name .

Here is an article (not a video) I just stumbled upon.

Just by reading its title, it should give you some food for thoughts.

Of course, reading the whole piece would be better...

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-department-of-homeland-security-plans-to-compile-a-list-of-all-bloggers-journalists-and-social-media-influencers

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Here is an article (not a video) I just stumbled upon.

Just by reading its title, it should give you some food for thoughts.

Of course, reading the whole piece would be better...

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-department-of-homeland-security-plans-to-compile-a-list-of-all-bloggers-journalists-and-social-media-influencers

So what - really - should journalists/TV advertisers/political speech writers go underground? 

A person is required to provide detail to access various functions in society

Previously information was not quite so easily co-ordinated but it was available

Now we have the computer age facilitating information database collusion? nothing has really changed rather than have a person visit various entities requesting information and collate a file - now available in seconds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

So what - really - should journalists/TV advertisers/political speech writers go underground? 

A person is required to provide detail to access various functions in society

Previously information was not quite so easily co-ordinated but it was available

Now we have the computer age facilitating information database collusion? nothing has really changed rather than have a person visit various entities requesting information and collate a file - now available in seconds

And what has that to do with the Department of Homeland Security collecting data on bloggers and others?

Is the DHS planning to write some kind of guide in order to help users navigate the net, or could it have other intentions and what would those be?

Edited by Brunolem

Just now, Brunolem said:

And what has that to with the Department of Homeland Security collecting data on bloggers and others?

Is the DHS planning to write some kind of guide in order to help users navigate the net, or could it have other intentions and what would those be?

Well perhaps better allow those whose life is incomplete without finding something to worry about dwell on your questions - me...... don't see anything of real concern, possibly a good thing if the result includes identifying dangerous radicals

On 6/1/2018 at 10:39 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Right then,  I better start enjoying myself before I get arrested and sent to work hard labour in the Siberian salt mines because my grandson is watching Tom & Jerry cartoons on YouTube.  

Never a truer word was said in jest