Suthep breaks his promise, returns to active politics

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be shedding tears due to the extremely poor turnout of only a few hundreds. Even less than the student activists turnout and less than half of the FFP party attendees. Expecting this party of lizards to be crushed in the election. 

7 minutes ago, hansnl said:

May one wonder if all this negativity expressed here is because of the way politicians behave "back home"?

No, because people remember what took place numerous times in the recent past, in this country. 

That being said 99.9% of politicians worldwide are either corrupt, evil or both. The world is run by criminals, simply put 

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Must be shedding tears due to the extremely poor turnout of only a few hundreds. Even less than the student activists turnout and less than half of the FFP party attendees. Expecting this party of lizards to be crushed in the election. 

I like your phrase, 'party of lizards', Eric. Have you noticed how that relative of Suthep's (his nephew?) who used to be at his side during the Bangkok Shutdown chaos he instigated really did look snake-like - with such cold, expressionless reptilian eyes? The whole bunch of them are barely human! Perhaps we should be kind and call them - sociopaths (and that's being generous)!

If anyone has a positive contribution can someone '#bashtag' me?

Yeah I know that any sentence with the word 'politician' in it is going to be a lie, but it's a new day a new dawn, can we not at least lie to ourselves about having some hope for the future?

I'll write again when I sober up and come back from my morning challenge being a55 reamed by the gov't at the local payment point due in approx 1 hour.

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I like your phrase, 'party of lizards', Eric. Have you noticed how that relative of Suthep's (his nephew?) who used to be at his side during the Bangkok Shutdown chaos he instigated really did look snake-like - with such cold, expressionless reptilian eyes? The whole bunch of them are barely human! Perhaps we should be kind and call them - sociopaths (and that's being generous)!

I was expecting Lady lizard Chitpas to be in the line-up. Surprise with her absence. Last heard she was pursuing her PhD in public administration at NIDA. So she still has political ambition.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Suthep breaks his promise, returns to active politics

The one commonality of virtually all politicians is their propensity to lie.  As such, the one commonality of virtually all those considered to be 'leaders' throughout the world is that they are liars.  So the universal conundrum that is politics and 'leadership' is that the world is run by amoral liars who enact laws and legislate 'morality' for the unwashed masses to follow, and yet these same amoral liars place themselves above the very laws they enact. 

index.jpg.b75dae9189cb9c4fdbe52c31fcd5e797.jpg

Not a surprise at all. I never expected him to keep that promise. Nor I would like to see him become PM or even a minister.

On the other hand, I also have no desire to see another member of the Shinawatra Family Party - whatever they are calling it now - become PM or ministers.

Or the rich kid who did nothing to earn his wealth, with a minister/uncle known for being exceedingly corrupt, and who fired workers trying to form a union at his factory - then tells everyone he is for the 99%. Sure. People are so gullible.

And no, I don't want a military man, in uniform or out, as PM.

Thailand needs new, visionary leadership. I am not sure where it will find it. But all these choices really suck.

“I have volunteered to be a servant of the people.”

He means the servant of the elite. Fortunately, the Thai electorate is probably smart enough to work that out for themselves. Unfortunately, he may further muddy the election waters, which are already starting to look pretty murky.

25 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Makes my blood boil .......... I will never forget the problems that this guy created for my Thai staff and business during the riots/demonstrations.

But those problems you experienced, IamNoone88, as a result of Suthep's BKK Shut-Down were minor and in fact positive - because they were brought about by 'the good people'!

A great display of how awful and full of BS Thai politics is when such a slithering worm can lie, avoid jail, manipulate brainwashed people etc. etc. etc. so much and to top-it-off also having the most punchable face (with that spine-tingling cringeworthy smirk) I've truly ever seen. In the sewer he doth belong.

56 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

If it looks likely that an election result will be unfavorable to him and his party he has a long list of tried and tested antics to stop the election 

After all it worked last time...

45 minutes ago, peperobi said:

I never see a politician hold the promises he gives to the peoples!

Ahh! you forgot about Thaksin...... millions of Thai people have not.

Thailand has a governing PM. He has all the power necessary to stop Suthep and his plan to ignite the flames of confrontation and to foment violence. Thaksin is gone. Yingluck is gone. They have had no real impact for years. This is all about Suthep and his lust for power.

Some years ago, the PM said he seized power because he wanted peace for Thailand. Well, now he  must live up to those words and take Suthep into custody and to proceed with the prosecution of the outstanding criminal allegations.

Now is the time for General Prayut to do what he said he was going to do.

17 minutes ago, JAG said:

If it looks likely that an election result will be unfavorable to him and his party he has a long list of tried and tested antics to stop the election 

After all it worked last time...

Yeah, you right on that. He and his yellow followers can't be counted out for undemocratic means to prevent election on the behest of the military and some right wing elites. The followers even try to egg to lead an anti student activists demonstration. That's how unreasonable and desperate he and his followers can be. This man is a thug and corrupt politician and only his loyalty in aligning with the military spare him from spending time in the jail. But I see matters beyond his backers appearing that saw him indicted and hopefully convicted behind bars.

Archived