HIV/STD Scare

FlyinDutchMan

4 minutes ago, atyclb said:

is this topic a "setup" aka bait to end up promoting a particular clinic considering all the detail about said clinic and glowing reviews?

That would be quite an achievement but no i wish lol. I can provide proof if you'd like and i doubt medical institutions would promote themselves with a forum topic.

I understand you'd think this after my long review of the clinic but i'm a very carefull person and freaked out, the clinic just did an amazing job at comforting me and giving me good options for steps to take, that's why i was so positive about it. Please don't get the wrong idea.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, FlyinDutchMan said:
13 minutes ago, atyclb said:

is this topic a "setup" aka bait to end up promoting a particular clinic considering all the detail about said clinic and glowing reviews?

That would be quite an achievement but no i wish lol. I can provide proof if you'd like and i doubt medical institutions would promote themselves with a forum topic.

not an uncommon tactic on forums in general

10 minutes ago, FlyinDutchMan said:

I understand you'd think this after my long review of the clinic but i'm a very carefull person and freaked out, the clinic just did an amazing job at comforting me and giving me good options for steps to take, that's why i was so positive about it. Please don't get the wrong idea.

Edited 5 minutes ago by FlyinDutchMan

that and seems your very first post on these forums and all others are on this sole topic.

18 minutes ago, atyclb said:

To be fair, the OP did not identify the clinic. A subsequent poster asked for the details in case anyone else might need help. I think the OP has given honest and fair advice, and we can all learn from his experiences.

5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

not an uncommon tactic on forums in general

that and seems your very first post on these forums and all others are on this sole topic.

I don't know what to say, it is not my intention to give this impression. I've only been in thailand for a week and am willing to show you my ticket or whatever can assure you that i'm not here to promote anything. The morning i woke up after my experience i just typed in chiang mai forum on google and made an account here, i have indeed never been on this forum before but i just clicked the first one i could find to find people to talk to about this.

A not very pleasant post has been removed for numerous reasons, along with a reply, which I would have preferred to have left up.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

I`m no medical expert, and what I`ve been led to understand, it takes a minimum of 3 months after an encounter with an HIV affected person for the virus to show up in the blood system. I`ve even read reports it can take up to 6 months to be 100% sure.

Maybe I`m wrong, but the only way the OP will be certain is to seek medical advice.

16 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I`m no medical expert, and what I`ve been led to understand, it takes a minimum of 3 months after an encounter with an HIV affected person for the virus to show up in the blood system. I`ve even read reports it can take up to 6 months to be 100% sure.

Maybe I`m wrong, but the only way the OP will be certain is to seek medical advice.

deleted

The virus is present from the start and can be detected after about 2 weeks using a dpecial technique called PCR. However in someone on PEP need to wait longer as the PEP may suppress the virus to undetectable levels.

antibodies take longer. Most (more than 90%) will have detectable antibodies by 3 months but in a small minority of cases it can take up to 6 months.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 hours ago, FlyinDutchMan said:

Thats all right, i'll ignore those worthless comments. I feel incredibly stupid for my actions and it's by far the stupidest thing i've done in my life. Overall i'm doing great and i'll have to deal with this in the best way i can. It's funny how 2 years ago i joked at my friend for being attracted to a ladyboy and now here i am lol, im still amazed when i think about it. Anyway i've been reading up and i've been in contact with the European emergency line, they took my information and will consult my health insurance. Luckily i'm very well insured including for international stuff so i hope they can cut some of my costs for this endavour. They've been very helpfull and so have most of you and i feel a lot calmer now after being able to eat some and being better informed. After your advice i decided not to go looking for the ladyboy and just try to calm down and rest and keep my focus on my travels. Also i contacted the clinic to come by tomorrow again to start the PEP treatment for peace of mind and to prevent any nasty future scenario's. Even if its only for 2 weeks until i can get the PCR test done and hopefully get a negative result so i can stop taking medication, i'm overall really against any type of chemical medication. Again thanks for everyone's help and support, i needed it! Any additional tips or information is more than welcome. For now i have a pretty clear plan on what to do.

sounds like you are doing the right things......this too shall pass !   if we had the TV posters list the stupidest things they've done the number of pages would even exceed the one on CM immigration !

Stay calm....good luck

4 hours ago, FlyinDutchMan said:

the person who wrote that is one of the people someone warned you about earlier...... just ignore

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

A not very pleasant post has been removed for numerous reasons, along with a reply, which I would have preferred to have left up.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

don't envy you (being a moderator).    

Im sure the person you had sex with would go with you for testing, and if not, then I would worry. Most of the thais is willing to test themselves and if you just offer them loss of time money, they would not think twice. If she/he was negative, I would not go trugh the treatment. 

Too much misinformation.  Typical of these HIV threads.
Why and for what??
There is a window period of negative testing where in fact one is positive, and it can still be transmitted.
He will be just opening a can of worms by contacting her.
Seems he is dealing with it best by doing the PEP.
I would bet he will be just fine.
The reason to get the person tested whether its a ladyboy or girl is it gives you some peace of mind that they weren't HIV+ a few months ago. Yes PEP is the best option but for 200-500 baht its good to know. The LB will be either willing to do it or not, no big deal

Flying Dutchman. Years ago I was faced with a similar situation in Africa. 

Whilst having vaginal penetration with a working girl the condom broke. 

I asked her to go to be tasted with me and she refused so off I went to the clinic alone. I explained my predicament and they took a blood sample to test for HIV. In the meantime I was given a starter pack for PEP. The next day I returned and they confirmed that I was HIV negative. I then did a 1 month PEP course. It is quite a severe drug but I had no adverse effects. 

My advice start the PEP as soon as possible. You were drunk, she does not want to be tested and unprotected anal sex is a high risk behaviour. Now listen up carefully young man. You do not <deleted> around with your life and HIV. 

DO THE PEP now, it is not to be questioned. You are most probably "negative" so just make sure you stay that way. You do not want to debate this. Pay the money and learn a lesson !

Good luck. You will not regret it.

And for everyone else reading this please make sure to do some research from reputable sources. Do not listen to hearsay.  Becoming HIV positive is not the end of the world. It is a chronic condition that is now completely manageable with a daily tablet that will bring the levels of the virus in your body to undetectable levels and thus making you unable to pass it on as long as you adhere to your medicine. Search...U=U to find out more. So everybody gay, straight,  or tri, be sure to be tested every 90 days if you are sexually active to stop the spread of HIV. Early diagnosis is key in every aspect! If you do test positive you will be just fine and with a little extra care and support will lead a healthy long life. Today is HIV LONG TERM SURVIVORS DAY these people are examples of living with HIV. So everybody get tested and play safe! 

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:
Too much misinformation.  Typical of these HIV threads.
Why and for what??
There is a window period of negative testing where in fact one is positive, and it can still be transmitted.
He will be just opening a can of worms by contacting her.
Seems he is dealing with it best by doing the PEP.
I would bet he will be just fine.

The LB will be either willing to do it or not, no big deal

Do no agree.

But if your personal experience on this says so, then that is your opinion.

as long as she did not stick it up your bum hole, you should be safe for HIV ...  hope this real info does not get banned again as in a last threat.... HIV =  immune problem from foreign protein DNA being shot up your bum hole that is not supposed to be for sex whatever they say.... if you have bleeding roids or another anal problem and bleeding and the sperm gets into you bloodstream , this is how HIV is created, also those people with all the casual sex take a lot of antibiotics which also down your immune system

Really takes balls (4 to be exact!) to post this here on TV. But seems u are taking the proper actions and actually getting some informative and helpful replies. Try to relax and go about your daily routine. Odds are extremely low and stressing out now isn't going to change anything. Hope it was at least enjoyable. Good luck!

To give a little update, my kidney and HIV test i took yesterday have both come out with good results. I can continue taking the PeP treatment and up until this specific encounter i can say i've been HIV negative. My Hepatitis B results should come in today. After finding out my insurance will cover any medical costs for testing in Thailand i will request the clinic to test me for every STD they can as soon as it's usefull to do. As far as i remember, most tests will only be usefull to take in about 2 weeks from now (things as Syphilis, other forms of Hepatitis, chlamydia, etc.). My genitals look and feel no different so far but that is probably too soon to judge anything on. Without mentioning names i've had some private messages sent to me because of this topic and i've learned that the side effects of PeP are indeed very different for different people. I'm pretty certain this has to do with the kind of PeP medication that is given. Maybe it has something to do with the person itself and how the body reacts to the drug but if i think about how my clinic told me barely any of their use cases experienced any side effects, compared to what i've read, i think it mostly has to do with the components of the PeP medication as there are some different kinds. My first day of taking PeP was alot less intense than i expected and i feel lucky about that so far. Shorty after taking it i experienced a tiny bit of dizzyness as i mentioned before and then later at night time after taking a couple hour nap, during a meal, i felt a slight dizzyness again for a couple of minutes and some sensation in my upper body(this could have nothing to do with the drug). Overall my first day has been completely fine and i'll have to see how things go today. I did hear someone experiencing more severe side effects from day 2 or 3 onwards so if something new comes up i'll give an update on that.

Now lets say next week u drunk again and horny and u make a simular mistake then u repeat the same proces again?

btw i seriously doubt ur insurance going to refund all ur over the top medical bills.. 

what amount have u spend so far on medical?

22 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Now lets say next week u drunk again and horny and u make a simular mistake then u repeat the same proces again?

btw i seriously doubt ur insurance going to refund all ur over the top medical bills.. 

what amount have u spend so far on medical?

I've learned my lesson trust me. They already confirmed a cover of costs, i'm well insured and the costs are not that high so far. About 4k baht so far, this includes the PeP treatment, HIV, Hepatitis B and kidney tests.

This is very cheap though (not trying to promote) compared to costs at different places i've read about.

23 hours ago, SoNowWhat said:

Oh no sorry I did not see that you had already started PEP. I have edited that. Why not help others out and keep us posted? What clinic did you go to? What medication are you taking?  Side effects so far?

Bingo! Here comes the shills (member for 24 hours asking the name of the clinic). There are more shills getting free advertising for this clinic than any other business I have ever seen in 11 years. Why not shut these threads down if they don't want to pay to advertise?

Don’t let some of the old foggies put you off... Nothing wrong with having a hot shag with a LB (As have described)... The problem was the unforced error you made of not keeping yourself covered... And I would also add that drunkly picking someone (anyone) up on the street late at night can have a high probability of grief...

You have taken the right steps and are most likely going to be fine... Don’t let this put you off LBs if that’s your thing... Try meeting one without alcohol there are plenty of them outside the bars and dark streets... ?

And you or anyone else who has read this thread should take away from this is that alcohol and romance are potentially dangerous - If you must mix them carry a few of your favorite comdoms and look into Prep as a second but not 100% line of defense that is easily sourced and cheap here...

20 hours ago, atyclb said:

It sure is. There are several threads like this, all promoting the same clinic and all 'highly recommended" by new members with less than 10 posts.

11 minutes ago, elektrified said:
20 hours ago, atyclb said:

It sure is. There are several threads like this, all promoting the same clinic and all 'highly recommended" by new members with less than 10 posts.

purely coincidental 

6 hours ago, dickjones2018 said:

as long as she did not stick it up your bum hole, you should be safe for HIV ...  hope this real info does not get banned again as in a last threat.... HIV =  immune problem from foreign protein DNA being shot up your bum hole that is not supposed to be for sex whatever they say.... if you have bleeding roids or another anal problem and bleeding and the sperm gets into you bloodstream , this is how HIV is created, also those people with all the casual sex take a lot of antibiotics which also down your immune system

Every single point in this post is incorrect and should be ignored and deleted. Do a minute of research then self edit yourself.

27 minutes ago, elektrified said:

The thread can be closed and deleted, i got the help and peace of mind i was looking for and i want to thank most people here for all their positive and helpfull feedback. If there is doubts on wether this is legit, admins can close it, at this point there is nothing else i could ask for in these forums and me reviewing the clinic and giving updates on my status is purely me trying to return the favor of being helpfull to others. Again, i got what i needed and i hope some other people did aswell from all the information gathered here but i don't mind if the thread is closed if it conflicts with any rules or it is making people suspicious.

Don't listen to these people they're insane and wear tinfoil hats. Just how many clinics do you think there are dealing with HIV? Yes they probably get brought up over and over again because they're simply are not that many. As for a clinic doing this to get business that's just ridiculous. Of course people are posting under new names because they're not going to post under their regular memberships for fear of being discovered. These discussions are nothing but beneficial and will help guide others through the same process and in turn will help to finally stop HIV transmission.

Archived