Breaking: French man released without charge after allegations of rape from British teen

snoop1130

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I do not know what happened. Only he and the girl do. The prosecutor has obviously decided there is no evidence and as such, the man is considered not guilty. I hope that is indeed the case.

This does show very clearly the problem with the police parading everyone they arrest and making claims of evidence and guilt, when in fact they have none. People get vilified and their lives ruined.

I have yet to see anyone make a successful claim against the cops, for basically lying to the press, to make their arrest sound kosher, when it often isn't. Suspects in these sort of cases need to have their identity withheld and only released as and when they are actually found guilty.

Well said and correct of course but correctness doesn't sell newspapers.

Rule #1. When in Thailand, avoid Western women at all costs. Most are trouble. Many are militant, angry, bitter, and just plain nasty, in their disdain for men. Very few possess any feminine qualities whatsoever, anyway. Do not allow yourself to get me too'd, when you are in a position to easily avoid it here.

When it comes to foreign women these days, it is he said, she said. And usually she said is what the judges and the media listen to!

58 minutes ago, Borzandy said:
13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tounga Mbouka

This is not a French name and not a French guy.

I was reading this thread, thinking "wow, 22 posts already and no one yet has made any vicious hint about the guy's skin color, his name and/or his nationality"... I was beginning to wonder if TVF posters had suddenly become more civilized, educated and broad-minded.

And then... your post, Borzandy (btw is that Russian, Hungarian, Turkish, or... ?), reminds me of Einstein's famous quote : "only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former".

38 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Well, by my standards this wouldn't be "having sex". More like: "penetration with subsequent ejaculation". Even stray dogs do better.

You might want to edit this post as it sounds like you have "known" some stray dogs.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I once woke up besides something so ugly, I just got up and left the house.  Problem was, it was my house.

I kept sliding by to see if she had gone, but she didn't get the message and leave till late afternoon.  Very shameful day that one.

I know a guy to whom this happens too. He realised he has chosen the wrong bed. Next to him...... His mother 

12 hours ago, robblok said:

The evidence I seen was inconclusive she was walking with the guy to his hotel (could be pushed by wrist was not clear from the images). So obviously the cops interviewed the people in the bar and decided the girl went with the guy out of her own free wil. 

Poor guy arrested and made a lot of cost, it can be dangerous being a guy. Though one would think he would get his bail back after no charges have been laid. 

Would be interested to hear more about this as this still does not explain much. I would certainly be pissed of if this happened to me. Better not take any girls back to your hotel if they have been drinking. 

I haven't seen the video but I accept your opinion that she went willingly.
However, personally I would wonder why, unless money was involved....after all a 60ish 'Arab' doesn't often manage to pull a 16yo out of a bar without money.
If money was involved, then there are ways things might have gone awry.......yes, conjecture.

Thank goodness the 'poor guy' had 12k Euros to buy his way out of the unfortunate situation he inadvertently found himself in.  ?

1 minute ago, mickba said:

I haven't seen the video but I accept your opinion that she went willingly.
However, personally I would wonder why, unless money was involved....after all a 60ish 'Arab' doesn't often manage to pull a 16yo out of a bar without money.
If money was involved, then there are ways things might have gone awry.......yes, conjecture.

Thank goodness the 'poor guy' had 12k Euros to buy his way out of the unfortunate situation he inadvertently found himself in.  ?

This was not a 60ish Arab, but a bit older then her 10 years at the most French guy. They were drinking together before and from that bar she "might" have went willingly. The video - stills can be interpreted in both ways. Like he was pushing her with her wrist or he was supporting her. She was not clearly dragged or something like that. 

Another country I lived in had to release men who raped tourists often.  The problem is that without the girl staying to give evidence they could not even go to court.  The only thing they could do was hold them as long as the girl stayed in the country and make life very uncomfortable for them while they were on remand.

42 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

I was reading this thread, thinking "wow, 22 posts already and no one yet has made any vicious hint about the guy's skin color, his name and/or his nationality"... I was beginning to wonder if TVF posters had suddenly become more civilized, educated and broad-minded.

And then... your post, Borzandy (btw is that Russian, Hungarian, Turkish, or... ?), reminds me of Einstein's famous quote : "only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former".

I make you happy ?

Yohann Michel Tounga Mbouka - a true french name.555

Happy now?

5 hours ago, Happy enough said:

a few stupid comments on the thread including yours. the thai mentality? what are you talking about. it's the same the world over, how (deleted) up is that?

great contribution, maybe you've been there done that

Why do people make such stupid comments like "that is not a French name" or "that is not an English name" or "that is not a Canadian name" (etc, etc).

People have been migrating and moving between countries ever since there has been countries. There have been migrants (willing and unwilling) in France for thousands of years, including millions of people from assorted African countries. Considering how many of those African countries France had colonized at some point in their history it shouldn't be a surprise than not everyone there is named "Pierre" or "Claude" or "Andre".

If people here the name John Davidson do they immediately cry out "That's NOT an Australian name" ? Besides the aboriginals, everyone there immigrated (one way or another) from somewhere else.

If they hear the name "Paddy Maguire" do they scream out "That's NOT an "American" name" ? The Irish have been immigrating everywhere for centuries. Sheesh, my grandfather immigrated to Canada back after WW I. Never heard anyone shout out that my name "is NOT a Canadian name".

I know people in Canada that are 3rd/4th generation Chinese and can't speak a word of Chinese. If you closed your eyes and listened, you'd never suspect that the people speaking were Asian at all.

The time has been long gone when you could guess a person's origins by the sound or spelling of their name. Just like trying to guess where someone is from based on their skin colour. 

By the way, it appears that nearly 13.5% of France's population is made up of people from Africa and France apparently has the 6th largest population of Africans (of any country outside of Africa).

6 minutes ago, rtr4 said:
49 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

I make you happy ?

Yohann Michel Tounga Mbouka - a true french name.555

Happy now?

Are you ?

2 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Why do people make such stupid comments like "that is not a French name" or "that is not an English name" or "that is not a Canadian name" (etc, etc).

People have been migrating and moving between countries ever since there has been countries. There have been migrants (willing and unwilling) in France for thousands of years, including millions of people from assorted African countries. Considering how many of those African countries France had colonized at some point in their history it shouldn't be a surprise than not everyone there is named "Pierre" or "Claude" or "Andre".

If people here the name John Davidson do they immediately cry out "That's NOT an Australian name" ? Besides the aboriginals, everyone there immigrated (one way or another) from somewhere else.

If they hear the name "Paddy Maguire" do they scream out "That's NOT an "American" name" ? The Irish have been immigrating everywhere for centuries. Sheesh, my grandfather immigrated to Canada back after WW I. Never heard anyone shout out that my name "is NOT a Canadian name".

I know people in Canada that are 3rd/4th generation Chinese and can't speak a word of Chinese. If you closed your eyes and listened, you'd never suspect that the people speaking were Asian at all.

The time has been long gone when you could guess a person's origins by the sound or spelling of their name. Just like trying to guess where someone is from based on their skin colour. 

By the way, it appears that nearly 13.5% of France's population is made up of people from Africa and France apparently has the 6th largest population of Africans (of any country outside of Africa).

calm down and have a coffee and cake eh

Thaivisa understands that no charges were laid against him.

Yohann Michel Tounga Mbouka was given his passport back ...........
It is said that the ordeal had cost Mr Mbouka 12,000 Euros to get bail and in other costs.

Since when do you pay bail and get released without charge?
Bail is when someone has been charged and temporarily released pending a court appearance. A cash deposit is often required to ensure that the accused returns on time. And if he does return on time then the deposit is refunded to him.

So this 12,000EUR appears to be just a bribe to allow him to leave without being charged.

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I once woke up besides something so ugly, I just got up and left the house.  Problem was, it was my house.

I kept sliding by to see if she had gone, but she didn't get the message and leave till late afternoon.  Very shameful day that one.

What are you a child? Jesus man up and kick her out. I cant imagine abandoning my home to a stranger because they were unattractive and i was suffering regret.

8 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Since when do you pay bail and get released without charge?
Bail is when someone has been charged and temporarily released pending a court appearance. A cash deposit is often required to ensure that the accused returns on time. And if he does return on time then the deposit is refunded to him.

So this 12,000EUR appears to be just a bribe to allow him to leave without being charged.

"Since when do you pay bail and get released without charge?"

When it turns out that there is no evidence against you, that's when.

"So this 12,000EUR appears to be just a bribe to allow him to leave without being charged".

It may appear so in your mind but there is no indication anywhere that that is reality.

13 hours ago, robblok said:

The evidence I seen was inconclusive she was walking with the guy to his hotel (could be pushed by wrist was not clear from the images). So obviously the cops interviewed the people in the bar and decided the girl went with the guy out of her own free wil. 

Poor guy arrested and made a lot of cost, it can be dangerous being a guy. Though one would think he would get his bail back after no charges have been laid. 

Would be interested to hear more about this as this still does not explain much. I would certainly be pissed of if this happened to me. Better not take any girls back to your hotel if they have been drinking. 

Going back to someones hotel room , doesnt mean that you consent to having sex .

Two different things

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Going back to someones hotel room , doesnt mean that you consent to having sex .

Two different things

Your right, but if you get in bed with him too... 

I guess you ask all your sexual partners to write a consent form ? Bit hard to prove otherwise that a girl said yes and it was willingly. But the circumstances of going with someone and ending up in bed do favor this guy.

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I'm fairly sure it does, unless you dragged her there kicking and screaming, or carried her unconcious.

The Thai courts and Thai police seem to think so too.

And when they found no evidence of the 'kicking and screaming', they let him go.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm fairly sure it does, unless you dragged her there kicking and screaming, or carried her unconcious.

The Thai courts and Thai police seem to think so too.

And when they found no evidence of the 'kicking and screaming', they let him go.

I am quite sure that it doesnt .

Ask Mike Tyson 

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

You might want to edit this post as it sounds like you have "known" some stray dogs.

Not too many as I don't spend my days sitting at bars, squeezed in between two beer guts...

Archived