Lazada prices, before sale prices very high.

26 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Lazada usually say keep.

Not bother to arrange to ship back.

I've never heard about Lazada saying keep the items and we will refund, forr the simple reason that the item doesn't belong to Lazada and the refund has to come from the seller.

Edited by janclaes47

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yes, that's the Lazada advantage. If you buy on AliExpress and the seller ignores your (complaint) messages, it's quite a long wait for your refund, and they play games, asking you to return (to China) items that are worth less than the cost of shipping... and try to make deals where you get back some of your money and you keep the faulty or wrong item.

I prefer Lazada for most things I'm too lazy to go out and look for, but I've also found Gearbest good as well for cheap watches and small electronics.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I've never heard about Lazada saying keep the items and refund

I have three here.

Two mini USB keyboards.

Drop shipped from China. 

510 baht. Each. 

£5.50 Ebay UK  

Plus a Asus laptop keyboard that didn't work in my laptop. 

Bought another for £3.50 UK. 

Pattaya Tukcom wanted 1500 baht plus 600 to fit.

Oh, and would not sell me the part.

Unreal unethical behavior. 

On 11/8/2018 at 8:47 PM, CharlieH said:

Never had a problem with vouchers, always worked fine for me.

Have ordered allsorts and only had 2 problems.

1. Was completely the wrong item sent. I was told to keep it and they refunded me aswell within 10 minutes.

2nd, An order took 14 days instead of 4, complained and tried to cancel after 7 days, couldnt. Complained everyday it went on. Eventually they gave me a "300 baht sorry voucher" Item was eventually delivered but basically I had it free because of the voucher.

I generally find them handy and Kerry give prompt deliveries, even from China.

No wonder the Kerry drivers always look knackered, if they've driven from China !

23 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I prefer Lazada for most things I'm too lazy to go out and look for, but I've also found Gearbest good as well for cheap watches and small electronics.

I had very bad experience trying to send something back to Gearbest, they just did not understand, or want to understand my emails. There are plenty of cheap watches and small electronics down Beach Road or wherever.

50 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I've never heard about Lazada saying keep the items and we will refund, forr the simple reason that the item doesn't belong to Lazada and the refund has to come from the seller.

Not long ago I got an instant refund for a Logitech mouse that was faulty. They didn't ask me to ship it back. I actually thought it was fake as it looked a bit different to my other mice of the same model with a different logo... and I told them so. That might have prompted the fast refund. On inspecting shop items of the same model I discovered it was genuine, only that Logitech had lowered their manufacturing standards and changed their logo.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

I had very bad experience trying to send something back to Gearbest, they just did not understand, or want to understand my emails. There are plenty of cheap watches and small electronics down Beach Road or wherever.

True, but I bought a media player that didn't work, but they refunded me without question. Didn't ask me to send it back either.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

True, but I bought a media player that didn't work, but they refunded me without question. Didn't ask me to send it back either.

It costs them more in 're-import' duty. So everything you buy from them will be 'faulty'     lol 

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

It costs them more in 're-import' duty. So everything you buy from them will be 'faulty'     lol 

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Punchline is I did eventually get it to work.

• Haha 1

A head's up for iHerb customers.

This is the first time a parcel from iHerb was charged duty and VAT by Customs today.

Here's how it works. Anything over 1500 baht can be charged duty (not the $46 stated by iHerb, which is only an estimate). My package was assessed at 1900 baht (exchange rate: 31.48) for $60.36 declared value by iHerb. They don't explain much on the customs invoice, but I think they only charge duty on the excess over 1500. That was 95 baht, so would make it 23.75% of 400 baht + VAT 140 baht (7% would have made it 133 baht, so they must round up something, either the assessed price o the 7%) + 20 baht service fee. Total 255 baht.

Here's an important point to note. Don't include your loyalty bonus (10% from the previous order) in the calculation as the customs declaration by iHerb doesn't include that. This order cost me $55.86 with the loyalty bonus subtracted, but was declared at $60.36.

I saw 12 other parcels at the Jomtien mail centre when I picked mine up today.

The good news is this order was placed on 29 October, so it took only 2 weeks. It arrived in Thailand on November 7. I have another order due soon, which is also a little bit above 1500 baht. This was not the "local post extra", but just the regular "local post" shipping option.

Edited by tropo