Lazada prices, before sale prices very high.

It's called a marketing ploy confusing you with this and that % off, one of the most common marketing trick in the bible of merchandising, annoying? yes, illegal? not really, caveat emptor...

They are only the drop ship company - usually serviced by vendors while grabbing their %....

Their non sale pricing is always high....

Plus is you search some items in Thai vrs English the prices are lower....Discovered this when my wife & I were looking at the same things at the same time....

3 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Plus is you search some items in Thai vrs English the prices are lower....Discovered this when my wife & I were looking at the same things at the same time....

I remember you started a thread about that a while ago, can't find it now but I think it was about some plastic curtain or so, and you were proven wrong in that thread, so why try it here again.

Edited by janclaes47

Wasn't wrong & I rechecked at that time....

There are some things that weren't worth the hassle....Too many here like to attack & fight....

It's also been noted in a couple of follow up searches for other items....Oddly enough it was my wife that first noted the differences....

End of the courtesy answer...

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 4:59 PM, pgrahmm said:

Their non sale pricing is always high....

Not always. I've bought genuine Apple products that stated the real original Apple prices... exactly the same as the online Apple store. In fact, there is an Apple store on Lazada... but they're mixed in with a lot of non-genuine stuff, so you have to be careful.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I don't remember being in any department store in Thailand that doesn't have a [completely fictitious] 40% - 90% sale on. Why should Lazada be any different?

I don't know where you shop, but original prices are on all sale items in the Central Department store, so the big sales are actually genuine, usually for older items they have to liquidate. Of course, imported merchandise in the department stores is very expensive, but that's just how it is. Yes, there is plenty of fake sale stuff around in the malls too, but it's not difficult to tell the difference, and it's not inside the department store itself.

Edited by tropo

In the UK irrespective of 'SRRP' or 'RRP' a shop had to have the item  IN STOCK , for no less than 30 CONSECUTIVE DAYS within the LAST 6 MTHS, to legally be able to show a saving, whether  it be in  'pounds' or 'percentage'.  Quite a good idea tbh, only loophole was a chain store would do this, but only in ONE outlet on some remote Scottish Island to get around it , then once 30 days was up it would be in 100 shops advertising the big saving ( Legally) !

The shop ?..Dixons Camera Shop. Others did the same. Ooh was long time ago , rules may have changed for on-line slightly. Rule of thumb is do your homework, generally take amount being saved with a pinch of salt.  Maybe half it, if your too lazy to check further. 

• Like 1

Most retailers do the same, especially for things like TVs or mobile phones. When they first come out they have a high RRP but that drops over time and is quoted as a big "saving".  Lazada prices are still very competitive.

37 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Most retailers do the same, especially for things like TVs or mobile phones. When they first come out they have a high RRP but that drops over time and is quoted as a big "saving".  Lazada prices are still very competitive.

I wouldn't buy "big ticket" items through Lazda purely because it would be such a hassle returning them if you get a dud.

• Like 1

I use Lazada a lot, mostly with great results. But, you have to be careful and have a rough idea of pricing before purchasing. I was after a few 16GB flash drives the other day, but decided not to go ahead with Lazada after seeing this.

The sandisk 128GB is likely the closest to reality price wise out of the ones highlighted; this was the very first page! USB 2.0 or not, those prices are crazy and I can see a lot of very pi$$ed of buyers after connecting up.

flash.jpg.cfed24bead7e8fb361755169544ec827.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lazada also shows cheap products which are not in stock and will never be for that price.

I wonder how much longer it takes before the Thai will do what the West did 30 years ago already. Shops who used dirty tricks to sell were banned by the public and are gone already. Honest fair shops is the future in the West, look at Aldi.

Every mall has Pierre Cardin underwear 50% sale, always....i have never seen it without that discount in 15 years time. 

Did an order the other day. 

They stuffed up the shipping address. 

Cannot change or cancel.

Even though it says click here to cancel. 

Now i have two lots coming because the shipper revised the shipping address doh.

Lazada says to just refuse to accept the second delivery and it goes back. 

They then issue  refund. 

When i went to get the promotion price it didn't work.

When i checked EBay it was £5 cheaper in the U.K....

Many apologies and Lazada has sent me a 100 baht voucher.

To buy more overpriced crap .

One or two genuine bargains but most is drop shipped rubbish now.

With no warranty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Never had a problem with vouchers, always worked fine for me.

Have ordered allsorts and only had 2 problems.

1. Was completely the wrong item sent. I was told to keep it and they refunded me aswell within 10 minutes.

2nd, An order took 14 days instead of 4, complained and tried to cancel after 7 days, couldnt. Complained everyday it went on. Eventually they gave me a "300 baht sorry voucher" Item was eventually delivered but basically I had it free because of the voucher.

I generally find them handy and Kerry give prompt deliveries, even from China.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Never had a problem with vouchers, always worked fine for me.

Same here on the few dozen times I have used them.  However my wife manages Lazada extremely well and has always been able to purchase items far cheaper then sale or discounted prices and when I compare the costs to the states on some items they are equal too or usually less expensive. I have since handed off the ordering duties to her as she seems to always get stuff cheaper.

That aside I have zero complaints about Lazada and their product pricing to this point.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 8:33 PM, canuckamuck said:

Have you ever tried to use the vouchers? Last teo times I tried they said it is only for the app. Then when I try it on the app it says I already used it. Nice gimmick

Same here. 

Part didn't arrive. 

Sent me a 100 baht voucher code.

Never worked...

Said already redeemed. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 9:29 PM, dallen52 said:

Did an order the other day. 

They stuffed up the shipping address. 

Cannot change or cancel.

Even though it says click here to cancel. 

Now i have two lots coming because the shipper revised the shipping address doh.

Lazada says to just refuse to accept the second delivery and it goes back. 

They then issue  refund. 

When i went to get the promotion price it didn't work.

When i checked EBay it was £5 cheaper in the U.K....

Many apologies and Lazada has sent me a 100 baht voucher.

To buy more overpriced crap .

One or two genuine bargains but most is drop shipped rubbish now.

With no warranty. 

Most of the crud being dropped here ex Alibaba and other outlets, is far cheaper on Ebay in the UK. 

And if you compare the economics. 

That makes Thailand price more expensive again. 

23 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Most of the crud being dropped here ex Alibaba and other outlets, is far cheaper on Ebay in the UK. 

And if you compare the economics. 

That makes Thailand price more expensive again. 

Just check eBay and AliExpress prices and get the best deal. If the price difference is small, I go Lazada. It's easier and quicker to get money back and shipping times are shorter... and returning items is cheap.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tropo said:

Just check eBay and AliExpress prices and get the best deal. If the price difference is small, I go Lazada. It's easier and quicker to get money back and shipping times are shorter... and returning items is cheap.

I've finished up with multiple items. 

Even though cancelled. 

And refunded.

Lazada usually say keep.

Not bother to arrange to ship back.

It's a win situation. 

But usually crap items anyway. 

21 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

I've finished up with multiple items. 

Even though cancelled. 

And refunded.

Lazada usually say keep.

Not bother to arrange to ship back.

It's a win situation. 

But usually crap items anyway. 

Yes, that's the Lazada advantage. If you buy on AliExpress and the seller ignores your (complaint) messages, it's quite a long wait for your refund, and they play games, asking you to return (to China) items that are worth less than the cost of shipping... and try to make deals where you get back some of your money and you keep the faulty or wrong item.

I just sent a 3650 baht electric toothbrush back to the warehouse that is 9 months old because the battery or charger is faulty. The sellers that offered a 1 year warranty appear to have left Lazada. Let's see what happens.

Edited by tropo