Marriage counseling for dummies in the Land of Smiles

Brunolem

My favorite ever post on ThaiVisa with apologies because I do not remember who posted it:

Farang Male: You look lovely tonight, dear.

Thai Female: Oh yeah ? Well what about LAST Night?

• Haha 2

I think you know yourself ,it's all over,get a divorce

and  the next one take on approval,live with them

for at least 12 months,to see if you are BOTH compatible,

then if you must ,get married,but only if your visa does 

depends on it.good luck.

regards Wrgeordie

Well, the poster is right onto it, whatever he's drinking, I have been in the same boat quite a few times over the last 20 years, the last question I asked was after I went to the fridge and found my bottle of baileys with less than a teaspoon in the bottom, it just came out automatically, without me thinking "who's drank my Baileys? ( thinking it might have been my son who likes the stuff as much as me ). Mistake, my partner immediately turned that around to mean I was accusing him of stealing it.

The great outcome from this is that he hasn't spoken to me since, just over 3 months now, and it's absolute bliss.

48 minutes ago, lioness said:

Well, the poster is right onto it, whatever he's drinking, I have been in the same boat quite a few times over the last 20 years, the last question I asked was after I went to the fridge and found my bottle of baileys with less than a teaspoon in the bottom, it just came out automatically, without me thinking "who's drank my Baileys? ( thinking it might have been my son who likes the stuff as much as me ). Mistake, my partner immediately turned that around to mean I was accusing him of stealing it.

The great outcome from this is that he hasn't spoken to me since, just over 3 months now, and it's absolute bliss.

The sex life in your household must be a blinder.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Once inside, you are rapidly surrounded by a pack of members-cum-experts in all things Thai, who are going to tell you, in no uncertain terms, what a pathetic loser you are!

As I'm sure you know, there are no Farang experts on all things Thai on this or any other online forum. Because many cultural things can vary from village to village, let alone province to province so it is highly unlikely there are any Thai people who would honestly consider themselves experts on all things Thai. Sure, there Farangs who very knowledgeable about what they have personally experienced here, but even if you've lived here for many years, then that potentially is still only going to be the tip of the iceberg with regards to all things Thai.

This is completely the wrong place for any kind of marriage counseling. For some reason, certain members seem to get a kick out of other peoples marital hardships, presumably because the are 100 percent sure it won't ever happen to them. If only life was that simple...….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

As I'm sure you know, there are no Farang experts on all things Thai on this or any other online forum. Because many cultural things can vary from village to village, let alone province to province so it is highly unlikely there are any Thai people who would honestly consider themselves experts on all things Thai. Sure, there Farangs who very knowledgeable about what they have personally experienced here, but even if you've lived here for many years, then that potentially is still only going to be the tip of the iceberg with regards to all things Thai.

This is completely the wrong place for any kind of marriage counseling. For some reason, certain members seem to get a kick out of other peoples marital hardships, presumably because the are 100 percent sure it won't ever happen to them. If only life was that simple...….

Of course there are no such experts even though there are people who pretend to be...

My opening post is not meant to be taken literally...it's more of a second degree thing...