Unconfirmed Report re TM30 Enforcement

18 minutes ago, tropo said:

If I go to stay in BKK for a few days, the hotel would submit a TM30, right?.. superseding and replacing any TM30 that was done in Pattaya.

Not unless immigration was to search the database where reports from hotels are stored to find the report.

• Thanks 1

My TM30 has been up to date for about two years now, my visa agent got the base details correct and then I started to manage it from there on. On file is my home address, if I go on a trip elsewhere in Thailand Immigration has said they don't want me to update my TM30. If I go outside of Thailand which I do quite often I have 24 hours to visit Immigration and get my previous address reinstated on my record, apparently, the departure card rests your record so when you return you need to un-re-set it (!) The proof that I've done that is a date stamp on the TM30. I don't need to produce any other documents when I go to update my TM30 record, just my passport and my boarding card showing the date of return from overseas. That's what I do in Chiang Mai and it all seems to work smoothly.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Not unless immigration was to search the database where reports from hotels are stored to find the report.

Was I expecting too much, that this information would be instantly available to any IO at Jomtien? I thought it might pop up on the screen as soon as they input my passport number.

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

90 day slip does not actually say TM30, it says in Thai and English you must report to immigration within 24 hours of arrival, in rather small type with no mention of penalty for not doing so. Stamped on in blue ink 

It does NOT state that on either my TM30 or 90 day report!

Also note that if you have your TM30 done online by your hotel/condo/large guest house you will not have a TM30 receipt unless you ask for a screenshot or print out of their report on you.  You do of course get one if you/landlord do the report in person.

Whether you have to report for a TM30 seems to be up to the regional Office involved. 

In CM my experience is that out of country Must report.  Staying at same permanent address since last 90 Day or extension and staying in hotel etc (even using passport to register) inside Thailand in between time no need to redo TM30.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:
5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Was I expecting too much, that this information would be instantly available to any IO at Jomtien?

Yes you were expecting to much.

• Thanks 1

Just now, scottiejohn said:

It does NOT state that on either my TM30 or 90 day report!

Also note that if you have your TM30 done online by your hotel/condo/large guest house you will not have a TM30 receipt unless you ask for a screenshot or print out of their report on you.  You do of course get one if you/landlord do the report in person.

Whether you have to report for a TM30 seems to be up to the regional Office involved. 

In CM my experience is that out of country Must report.  Staying at same permanent address since last 90 Day or extension and staying in hotel etc (even using passport to register) inside Thailand in between time no need to redo TM30.

Here is what they put on the 90 day slip, they WILL NOT process a extension without the paperwork from the TM30 in your passport. You HAVE to pay a fine if you are late and until you do there will be no extension processed, at MY office.

tm30.jpg

Edited by Orton Rd

In my passport I have a current 90 day report and a TM30 'receipt' which has been there since my last house move.

In Hua Hin they require the TM30, that's what they told me about a year ago anyway so I just got the girlfriend to act as housemaster, didn't need to involve the building owner (I'm renting) at all.

Edited by ukrules

Just now, simoh1490 said:

My TM30 has been up to date for about two years now, my visa agent got the base details correct and then I started to manage it from there on. On file is my home address, if I go on a trip elsewhere in Thailand Immigration has said they don't want me to update my TM30. If I go outside of Thailand which I do quite often I have 24 hours to visit Immigration and get my previous address reinstated on my record, apparently, the departure card rests your record so when you return you need to un-re-set it (!) The proof that I've done that is a date stamp on the TM30. I don't need to produce any other documents when I go to update my TM30 record, just my passport and my boarding card showing the date of return from overseas. That's what I do in Chiang Mai and it all seems to work smoothly.

If the departure card re sets the address record how come the TM6 arrival card cannot re set it back to the same address, or any other on the card? If it were that important all the offices would be doing the TM30 dance. Why do you have to report your address twice in 24 hours?

Edited by Orton Rd

Yes you were expecting to much.
At Jomtien in the office for reporting address she just has a laptop. I guess is only for youtube and thairath as I didn't see her checking it or inputting anything. I was number 5 after lunch. She fined no 2 and 4 1600b each. I had done a border run on my METV to Cambodia then stayed at Trat overnight where they reported me ( I checked)then Koh Kood for 2 weeks where they didn't report me( checked again) I told her I went to the police at Koh Kood when I arrived and the police weren't very interested. Now I am back in Pattaya I went straight there. Seems since there is no uniformity between different offices you can tell them anything (even though what I told her was virtually true) and since there is no central database (YET) they cannot check up. It is just when you tell them you have been in the same area for more than 24hrs you can expect to donate 1600b to their funds.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

If the departure card re sets the address record how come the TM6 arrival card cannot re set it back to the same address, or any other on the card? If it were that important all the offices would be doing the TM30 dance.

I don't know, I didn't design the system, I'm just reporting how it works for me in practice.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

In my passport I have a current 90 day report and a TM30 'receipt' which has been there since my last house move.

In Hua Hin they require the TM30, that's what they told me about a year ago anyway so I just got the girlfriend to act as housemaster, didn't need to involve the building owner (I'm renting) at all.

In my passport is a receipt of my TM28, for a change of address. There was no mention of TM30's.

5 hours ago, tropo said:

In my passport is a receipt of my TM28, for a change of address. There was no mention of TM30's.

Ah yes, that's probbaly what I have, the girlfriend did the TM30 bit, I did a change of address and there's some piece of paper in the passport but it's folded and stapled 'closed' for over a year now.

It seems like Immigration offices are taking full advantage

of all this confusion,about TM30,and too many people don't

know enough about it,and those are fined 1,600 THB,for the

privilege, a nice not too little earner for them.

What about the TM28, is that still been enforced ?,the purpose

of that is to report when you leave the province you live in,

and go to another area of Thailand,you have to use the TM28

to report your return,  rumours of TM 21 been rolled out,everytime 

you go for a shit,you have to report in !  no not really,just joking,

but the really scary thing ,the way they seem to want to know 

where we are all the time, I could happen...

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I am using the multiple entry visa way. Never any issues with TM30 or a likes . I reported my address always on the TM6 only

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

TM6 doesnt end up in the system to cover any TM30 requirements. You could look at it as TM6 is where you intend to stay (no proof), TM30 where you are staying (with proof), 90 day still at the same place.

If you go to an immigration office that enforces TM30, for an extension etc, TM6 means nothing.

Edited by Peterw42

17 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

It seems like Immigration offices are taking full advantage

of all this confusion,about TM30,and too many people don't

know enough about it,and those are fined 1,600 THB,for the

privilege, a nice not too little earner for them.

What about the TM28, is that still been enforced ?,the purpose

of that is to report when you leave the province you live in,

and go to another area of Thailand,you have to use the TM28

to report your return,  rumours of TM 21 been rolled out,everytime 

you go for a shit,you have to report in !  no not really,just joking,

but the really scary thing ,the way they seem to want to know 

where we are all the time, I could happen...

regards worgeordie

My office does the TM21, they supply a roll of blank TM21s hanging on the wall in the cubicle. I usually dont take up the offer of a receipt stapled into my passport.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

What about the TM28, is that still been enforced ?

I regularly move between Bangkok and Nakhon Srithammarat and need to visit both IO's. If I don't have a current TM28 and TM30 paper from IO in my passport at Nakhon Sritammarat now its a 5000THB fine before I can do a 90 day report or any other business at the IO. Been like this since my last and final warning to do so about 4 months ago.

• Thanks 1

TM6 doesnt end up in the system to cover any TM30 requirements. You could look at it as TM6 is where you intend to stay (no proof), TM30 where you are staying with proof), 90 day still at the same place.
If you go to an immigration office that enforces TM30, for an extension etc, TM6 means nothing.

As I do not have any business with Immigration when I stay in Thailand it doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

just remember to carry your passport at all times

even if it's just a short stroll to your local mama papa store

I never forget to keep it locked up in my safe at home. The only travelling it does is to the Immigration office, and on rare occasions, to the bank, where they don't accept copies.

• Like 1