PM accuses the media of trying to undermine his premiership

webfact

By Thai PBS

.jpg

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday vented his frustration at the media, accusing them without naming names of attempting to destroy the “honor” of Thai premiership.

While delivering a speech on the occasion of Anti-Human Trafficking Day, the prime minister unexpectedly took on the media. It wasn’t immediately clear what triggered his outburst.

Judging from his grumbling, however, journalists at the Government House believed that he had been irked by certain news reports critical of him and his government.   But when asked by a reporter which newspaper columns had offended him, he did not respond but merely said:  “because I am human. I am a man and I work for men, for Thailand, for Thai people.  I am what I am, but I will make this duty honorable, with dignity here and abroad.  

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-accuses-media-trying-undermine-premiership/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-06-07

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday vented his frustration at the media, accusing them without naming names of attempting to destroy the “honor” of Thai premiership.

The media? When it comes to destroying the 'honor' of Thai premiership the media can't even begin to rival your own efforts. You're doing a brilliant job, General.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Translation: "Criticism is neither valued nor wanted".  So much for experiential learning via a media and populist feedback loop which Thais in general, and generals in particular, are adverse.

I wonder if it has ever occurred to him that arrogance towards the media does little but place him more directly under the media's microscope?  He did quite literally set the stage (pun intended).

thai-president.jpg.1f49d406adbfcad3023bae7d7aa23dc9.jpg

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

Translation: "Criticism is neither valued nor wanted".  So much for experiential learning which Thais in general, and generals in particular, are adverse.

I wonder if it ever has occurred to him that arrogance towards the media does little but place him more directly under the media's microscope?  He did quite literally set the stage (pun intended).

thai-president.jpg.1f49d406adbfcad3023bae7d7aa23dc9.jpg

Under the microscope for sure. He's placing a target on his back just like a certain President in another country. These people are not forward thinkers.