PM accuses the media of trying to undermine his premiership

webfact

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Nicely commented to me. It would be nice if you could teach Trump some of your gentle diplomacy. While I don't disagree with "some" of his policies and ideas, I find his brash ways very distasteful. "When America sneezes, Canada catches a cold". Our economy is suffering a very serious cold" right now. One way or the other, I'll be glad to see his NAFTA hard-on settled. The indecision is murdering our economy (and my business).

LOL,  I only wish I could bend Trump's ear in private for 5 minutes .  I promise I wouldn't show nearly as much "gentle diplomacy" as you mentioned (Thank you for that BTW. ?)  His on-his-knees worship of Adolf Hitler 2.0, aka Benjamin Netanyahoo! (intentional misspelling) makes me want to vomit worrying about all that anti-Iran bloviating might lead to.

OTOH I still believe that Trump was sorely needed to shake up the 'status quo' in Washington, DC, which he clearly has.  Like everyone else, I'm eagerly waiting to see how this drama with Kim Jong-un plays out in Singapore on the 12th IIRC. I personally would have 'encouraged' the fat little NK dictator into continuing his nuclear bomb tests.  I believe only 1 or 2 more blasts inside that already fragile mountain would solve the problem. :partytime2:

Cheers and take care neeray! :thumbsup:

Edited by Jimbo in Thailand
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

The headline should have read  Non -elected Pm. blames the media for trying to undermine his illegal premiership

They have not got the guts to go anywhere close to saying that.

What hope for a revolution against tyranny!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Difficult to say...

If they cannot even get close to intimating this - by simply refusing in their articles to call him 'Prime Minister' ('Prayut Chan-O-Cha' would  be sufficient) - then there is no hope in hell of the Thais having the fortitude and courage to overthrow a tyranny.

• Like 1

Just now, Eligius said:

If they cannot even get close to intimating this - by simply refusing in their articles to call him 'Prime Minister' ('Prayut Chan-O-Cha' would  be sufficient) - then there is no hope in hell of the Thais having the fortitude and courage to overthrow a tyranny.

Eligius..

I don't know.'Impulse' posted today about our ability to "read" Thai politics  and I was mightily impressed..

I must confess that I am not able to decipher it-merely give a rueful chuckle from time to time.

The Thai concept of 'democracy' is not our Western Liberal one-no Hobbes,Smith,Burke,Paine,Jefferson,Mill..etc...as far as I can make out and the authoritarian tradition is very strong..

• Like 1