U.S. first lady Melania Trump makes first public appearance in weeks

webfact

U.S. first lady Melania Trump makes first public appearance in weeks

2018-06-06T221044Z_1_LYNXNPEE5521T_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-MELANIA.JPG

U.S. first lady Melania Trump appears with President Donald Trump at a public event for the first time in almost a month during a hurricane response briefing at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in Washington, U.S., June 6, 2018. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. first lady Melania Trump reappeared in front of the cameras on Wednesday for the first time since May 10, travelling with her husband President Donald Trump to a hurricane briefing.

Melania Trump underwent a surgical procedure on May 14 to treat a benign kidney condition which the White House said was successful. She was released from hospital on May 19, the White House said.

"She went through a little rough patch, but she's doing great," the president said, introducing his wife at the beginning of a hurricane briefing at the headquarters of the Federal Emergency Management Agency in Washington.

"She's done a fantastic job as First Lady. The people love you," he said. The Trumps have complained on Twitter about what they have described as unfair speculation about her lengthy absence from the public eye.

(Reporting by Roberta Rampton, Editing by Rosalba O'Brien)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-06-07

Trump made a strange statement by Twitter.

He stated the media has made a number of ‘fake’ accusations regarding Melania’s disappearance including, he claims’ accusations that he has abused his wife.

The strange bit is, the media has not made any such accusation.

Trump may have reasons to believe they have, but those reasons are to be found in any ‘media reports’.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He stated the media has made a number of ‘fake’ accusations regarding Melania’s disappearance including, he claims’ accusations that he has abused his wife.

Trump may have reasons to believe they have, but those reasons are to be found in any ‘media reports’.

Jamil Smith from Rolling Stone made the abuse accusation.

• Thanks 1

Yeah....Lets Impeach her......then spend all kinds of tax payers money on investigating just where she has been. My guess is Russia. Working on the mid term elections. 

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Didn't you make that unfounded accusation on another thread?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1041229-us-first-lady-melania-trump-to-skip-g7-north-korea-summit/?do=findComment&comment=13050594

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 2

I have always felt sympathy for Melania.  I am sure she would love to tell Trump where to stick it (although he seems to stick it in far too many places already) but has to put up with this nightmare until he is ousted from the White House.

4 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I expressed my personal opinion on precisely that matter.

We are now witnessing the President of the United States refuting accusations that he’s a wife beater.

I’m quiet certain it’s not my opinion he’s refuting.

Anything and everything to detract from "trump"'s utter corruption and criminality. It's politically smart to try to bait criticism and attention towards Melania as she's much more popular than her sleazeball con man husband.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Expatthailover said:

Poor lady has a terrible ailment to contend with.

Every moment with her husband her skin crawls

I’m not sure she’s such an innocent party in all this.

Avenatti has filed claims with the court that Melania was communicating with Cohen regarding discrediting Avenatti ‘s client Stormy Daniels.

More motions to discover’ on their way.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Anything and everything to detract from "trump"'s utter corruption and criminality. It's politically smart to try to bait criticism and attention towards Melania as she's much more popular than her sleazeball con man husband.

Certainly it would be straight out of Trump’s play book to create a media storm around Melania, but if Avanatti is correct in his latest court filing Trump may not in this  be distracting from his own crimes.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

The press made an issue of her seeming absence.  Well she wasn't really absent from anything. She evidently had some health issue and prefers to remain a more private First Lady, so what?  This whole thread predictably turned into bashing of one person or another. It's evident that many TV posters must be some of the most miserable people on the planet. Get a life people.

• Like 1