Russia World Cup

superal

Are you or would you go to the World Cup football in Russia ?   I  am reading that the powers that be in Russia are going to try and present a friendly face to the travelling fans and the global television audience .  I am also reading that the infamous Russian supporters army have said to the travelling fans . especially the English , to show respect and any disturbance will be met by their fit and well organised supporters .  I cannot see this much looked forward to event taking place without fan confrontations . Hope I am wrong ,  the security issues have been addressed  and a successful football tournament is the outcome .

However I would not attend even if I was a fervent supporter , would you ?

While the English team is not a threat to anyone and should gracefully exit the group stage, the same cannot be said of their football hooligans. Those were the louts the Russians were warning not to step out of line.

Russia's a pretty safe country despite all the hysterical shrieking of the Western press.

• Like 1

Let’s be honest, no one expects England to win this World Cup but some hard fought matches with the team playing to the best of their ability will be enough to create some pride in the national team ( unlike 4 years ago ) !

I was fortunate to attend a WC game in Brasilia in 2014 and despite it being a lesser popular game ( Switzerland v Ecuador ) it was still a marvellous experience !!

If I had the opportunity/money to spare to go to the Russian WC I would go in a flash !

Sure, there’s gonna be some violence but no more than any local derby in the uk !

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

2 wins v Panama and Tunisia is all we need to get out that group. That's as good as banked so we will not be exiting at the group stage. 

The 9 pointer could even be on by the 3rd game.

England will be knocked out early as usual. Probably the most overrated team on the planet.

31 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Let’s be honest, no one expects England to win this World Cup but some hard fought matches with the team playing to the best of their ability will be enough to create some pride in the national team ( unlike 4 years ago ) !

I was fortunate to attend a WC game in Brasilia in 2014 and despite it being a lesser popular game ( Switzerland v Ecuador ) it was still a marvellous experience !!

If I had the opportunity/money to spare to go to the Russian WC I would go in a flash !

Sure, there’s gonna be some violence but no more than any local derby in the uk !

Hope you are right but I have heard that the event is brewing up for trouble from louts of a few countries . Having said that I do not think the Russian police take many prisoners , so woe betide those that misbehave .

• Like 1

We have FWIPTV ... so can watch just about every sport event plus films etc.

But the games will be screened live and free here but voiced in Thai.

Whatever ... football except ManU doesn't exactly interest me ...