leisurely

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm..... I smell a fish....

It is all about power.

Who makes the forum rules hmm?

Who decides if a post is suitable for posting?

Do all mod's know eachother in person?

What are the criteria for becoming a Mod?

Who decides what news/reply's/ new topic's are suitable for posting?

Are our Mod's in any way connected to the current ore previous governement?

Who are the people behind the advertisments on TV and what relation do they have to our Mods/TV?

Let us start a conspiricy theory!

:o

Just kidding na,

Alex

Well, keep dreaming bendix. I doubt George wants to "experiment" with a forum he has worked so hard to build up. :o

Huh? Why do you say that? There are experiments going on all the time, small beta forums opening up like the video one and the SMS one, various features being temporarily turned on and off, etc...

I think this idea could have potential to be fun. You could just let the "elected" moderator loose in Bedlam only, and keep careful tabs on them to make sure they don't do anything too ridiculous. Perhaps they could do it only for a limited time also, like just for one month... people could either use it purely to lark around, or instead as a trial period to become a proper mod. The "monthly mod" could become an interesting side-feature of ThaiVisa, never seen one on another forum. People standing for election, campaigning, getting re-elected, etc., etc.

Or it could just be a novelty that wears off and dies down quickly, or becomes more trouble that it's worth. Anyway, it's an idea...

Who was it who said that people get the leaders they deserve?

Joseph Marie de Maistre (1753-1821), French lawyer, diplomat, writer, and philosopher.

Original: “chaque nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite”

English translation: “Every country has the government it deserves.”

--

Maestro

Just to get back on topic Mr. super hero Sir , and not speaking

in tongues what is highly illegal in this forum , I have to pass

on some info on the subject of this thread - to whit do the

mods ever sleep. I saw whatsisname saying that mods sleep

20 minutes per day. I have it from an extremely unreliable

source that at least one mod vastly exceeds this quota.

He sleeps

throughout the daylight hours

in a cellar

in a long narrow wooden box

with only a thin layer of soil from his native

land for a mattress

and no pillow

Who was it who said that people get the leaders they deserve?

Joseph Marie de Maistre (1753-1821), French lawyer, diplomat, writer, and philosopher.

Original: “chaque nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite”

English translation: “Every country has the government it deserves.”

--

Maestro

Just to get back on topic Mr. super hero Sir , and not speaking

in tongues what is highly illegal in this forum , I have to pass

on some info on the subject of this thread - to whit do the

mods ever sleep. I saw whatsisname saying that mods sleep

20 minutes per day. I have it from an extremely unreliable

source that at least one mod vastly exceeds this quota.

He sleeps

throughout the daylight hours

in a cellar

in a long narrow wooden box

with only a thin layer of soil from his native

land for a mattress

and no pillow

Shush! You'll get me fired!

Humour is wasted on some people... :o

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something ............ Guess what ? :bah: OTHERS OPNION !!

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane .............. Consider that too ? :D IT'S NEVER TOO LATE !!

How many roads a man must travel down before he admits he is lost ? :D

If everyone leaves the ship who will change the direction of collision course ? :D Our concerned is to stay not to quit !!

All Men Are Animals;

:D Some Just Make Better Pets :bah: and I am Wild :o [

Best Regards !!

"L"- AhSaN - "L"

!~! Q U O T !~!

"my tears for you are like dark chocolate- bitter sweet and probably not good for me." ReLaX !!

I'll have a pint of whatever you've been drinking...

.. Bugger it, i'll have two!

I'd like to know how many 'moderators' and 'super moderators' there are on TV.Judging by the traffic on this site you need a moderator 'army' not just mere mortals.

too easy .....................

Yes I know :D

:D

You Kan not see me as I took the shot.

Happy Shooting :bah:

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :bah:

P.S. after this post, I will be :D out :o

I'd like to know how many 'moderators' and 'super moderators' there are on TV.Judging by the traffic on this site you need a moderator 'army' not just mere mortals.

too easy .....................

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=members

This is a better url for listing the mods:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...mp;CODE=leaders

and in these hours of darkness and sleepless times, “The Empire Did Strike Back”. :D

Leading “The Charge” Vampire the Terrible (no, not Old Red Eye but.....,) followed closely by……………………………………………………………

Happy Days and Shooting to all of you. :D

May peace be with you, :D

Kan Win :o

Edited by Kan Win

and in these hours of darkness and sleepless times, “The Empire Did Strike Back”.

Leading “The Charge” Vampire the Terrible (no, not Old Red Eye but.....,) followed closely by……………………………………………………………

Happy Days and Shooting to all of you.

May peace be with you,

Yours truly,

Kan Win

This post has been edited by Farangsay to show

what Kan Win posts without all the cosmetics.

and in these hours of darkness and sleepless times, “The Empire Did Strike Back”.

May peace be with you,

Yours truly,

Kan Win

This post has been edited by "Farangsay" :bah: to show :o

what Kan Win posts "wood have been" without all the cosmetics. :D:D:D

Kan Win :bah:

P.S. @ the New airport and just filling in some gaps with the :D odd Smiley or two...........

P.P.S. now you Kan all see what these little things are on about. Try them somtam ;) works for me :o

P.P.P S.

Wolfie is only up because he's on the piss. (sorry didn't mean to let your secret out )

same as I Kan be on the "grog". Bit nippy in Bangers right now BTW.

:D

May peace be with you,

Yours truly,

Kan Win

This post has been edited by Farangsay :D to show what Kan Win posts, wood be without all the cosmetics.

Thank you for not reminding me :D why I left in 1979 UK, that smiley-ness country :D and came to the land of Similes :bah:

why would anyone WANT to be a moderator.???? if someone posts something i dont like, i mostly just ignore it; i can close the page, and can skip to something else. i mean, we are virtual here.its not like a physical body that u have to deal with if they give u trouble. so why would anyone feel slighted that they arent a moderator.? the same as i have avoided being a manager of more than one other person and a group of animals for some 22 years here on the kibbutz while friends try to climb the prestige ladder and become a manager of something. (they dont get more money, just a bigger headache).

why should we elect moderators??? what im voting for head of state or something?, this is a company? i live on kibbutz. i have my fill of committees and crews and voting and rotating important positions of managment for everything. anyone wanna be a moderator be my guest. hats off and all that to those that are actually willing to do this stuff. gee... it would really give me a rush to delete a post.!! i would kill to delete a post. !!ive just got to delete a post. and then write in small letters: deleted by:xxx, supermod.

i cant beleive i even responded to this thread......

to all those that moderate: :o:D :D :D :D

and as we say in hebrew: y'shar co'ach (keep up the strenght/keep up the good work)

bina

All right, Bina! :o

Well, maybe we can go communist then. Comrades instead of MODS. So everyone is a MOD in comrade clothing. Just press the report button and the mao mods in the great hall of the posters deliberate on it and tell everyone to use latrine fillings for garden fertiliser and to bring in all your pots and pans so comrades can make pig iron and to wave little red books to show you really understand TV policies.

TV helped me out a lot when I firsted joined. When given the opportunity to give something back and perhaps help out other people in my position I jumped at the chance. It has been very interesting over the couple of years watching people come and go and then come back again :o

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something ............ Guess what ? :o OTHERS OPNION !!

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane .............. Consider that too ? :D IT'S NEVER TOO LATE !!

How many roads a man must travel down before he admits he is lost ? :D

If everyone leaves the ship who will change the direction of collision course ? :D Our concerned is to stay not to quit !!

All Men Are Animals;

:D Some Just Make Better Pets :bah: and I am Wild ;) [

Best Regards !!

"L"- AhSaN - "L"

!~! Q U O T !~!

"my tears for you are like dark chocolate- bitter sweet and probably not good for me." ReLaX !!

LaoPo :bah:

This is a better url for listing the mods:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...mp;CODE=leaders

Thanks George.

2 'famous' names in Administration, Yourself and Dr Pat Pong.

However, I just saw a completely new name for the first time today, Mr. 'Viorel' from Bucharest, Romania....with 1 post. :D:o

Care to enlighten us ?

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

However, I just saw a completely new name for the first time today, Mr. 'Viorel' from Bucharest, Romania....with 1 post. :D:o

I think Viorel looks after software/database support.

Thanks Jai Dee !

LaoPo

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something ............ Guess what ? ;) OTHERS OPNION !!

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane .............. Consider that too ? :bah: IT'S NEVER TOO LATE !!

How many roads a man must travel down before he admits he is lost ?

All Men Are Animals;

:D Some Just Make Better Pets :bah: and I am Wild [

Best Regards !!

"L"- AhSaN - "L"

!~! Q U O T !~!

LaoPo :o

:D:D

Thank you, Lao Po, I do so enjoy a good laugh with morning coffee.