driving license in phuket

fullofmax

Hi,

I want to make my thai driving license for car and motorbike by the end of this month. Im on a non immigrant O.

I dont have a driving license in my home country.

Could somebody please tell me what awaits and how much time I have to plan in for everything ? That would be really friendly :)

Thanks guys !

Hi,

I want to make my thai driving license for car and motorbike by the end of this month. Im on a non immigrant O.
I dont have a driving license in my home country.
Could somebody please tell me what awaits and how much time I have to plan in for everything ? That would be really friendly :)

Thanks guys !
Can you drive a car and bike, I'm assuming you can't if you do not have a driving licence from your home country, you will need to do everything, eyesight test etc, exam, practical exam, watch video maybe for many hours, someone might know for certain.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Can you drive a car and bike, I'm assuming you can't if you do not have a driving licence from your home country, you will need to do everything, eyesight test etc, exam, practical exam, watch video maybe for many hours, someone might know for certain.

Not so many hours, Be prepared with Certificate of Residence from Immigration, medical (maybe), copy of passport details. Arrive DVLC about 08.30, paper work check, reaction checks, not sure you do the one hour video. Afternoon do practical driving test (you supply car  and m/bike). Get  2 licences that day.   

Not so many hours, Be prepared with Certificate of Residence from Immigration, medical (maybe), copy of passport details. Arrive DVLC about 08.30, paper work check, reaction checks, not sure you do the one hour video. Afternoon do practical driving test (you supply car  and m/bike). Get  2 licences that day.   
You need a certificate of residence for each licence so that's 2.

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

I can drive both ?

The question is how do I bring my own car without having a driving license ?
Can I rent one nearby and bring it ?

Edited by fullofmax

9 hours ago, fullofmax said:

I can drive both ?

The question is how do I bring my own car without having a driving license ?
Can I rent one nearby and bring it ?

Do a deal with someone already there with a car.

On 6/7/2018 at 10:49 PM, LivinginKata said:

LiK/others - with the practical driving test for the m/bike, what kind of motorbike is required?  Will a Click type scooter do or is a proper manual bike required?

2 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

LiK/others - with the practical driving test for the m/bike, what kind of motorbike is required?  Will a Click type scooter do or is a proper manual bike required?

Scooter is fine.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

Any type of m/bike

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Thanks 1