Rayong motorcyclist killed, girlfriend injured in police chase

webfact

Rayong motorcyclist killed, girlfriend injured in police chase

By The Nation

ray.jpg

Source: Internet

A motorcyclist was killed and his girlfriend injured when he crashed into a concrete kilometre marker while speeding against the traffic flow in an effort to elude police chase early on Friday.

Police said the crash occurred on the Rayong-Krathing Lai road in Tambon Tapma in Rayong’s Muang district at 4am.

Arak Kanitchaidecha, 32, died of a broken neck. His girlfriend, Sirilak Poolprae, 36, suffered a broken left ankle.

Pol Captain Praphan Pithaksa, deputy inspector of the Muang Rayong station, said he saw Arak turn around his bike and speed off against the traffic flow in order to avoid a drunk-driving checkpoint staffed by Praphan.

Police at the checkpoint gave chase before the accident occurred in front of the Central Rayong shopping mall.

Arak was not wearing a crash helmet.

His girlfriend told police that Arak was driving her home in Muang district from his home near Ban Pe beach. She said he had been drinking with friends before setting out on the motorcycle, according to police.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347277

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-08

No helmet, speeding. Been drinking What more can you say? I don't mind if he killed himself but he put his G/f at risk. Either he is a moron or he has put much faith in the amulet if he was wearing one. I just shake my head. Getting convinced Thai riders or drivers either have no fear of death or no brains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

I understand that she might be sad, but in reality she should be happy beeing given the chance to uppgrade to a boyfriend with a higher IQ.

But sadly maybe a bigger scooter . Possibly she has learnt a lesson in survival and won't get on the back of one when the rider is pi$$ed.

Very sad. RIP young man who has thrown away his life so cheaply.

Maybe a learning point for the police would be to have a police motorcyclist stationed further up the road at either end of the checkpoint. If he sees that the motorcyclist is trying to evade the checkpoint by trying to turn round then the policeman will be there to stop him straightaway. 

There may not have been much traffic on the road at 4 am, but a high speed chase by the police, on the wrong side of the road, was putting other road users and pedestrians at risk too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

No helmet, speeding. Been drinking What more can you say? I don't mind if he killed himself but he put his G/f at risk. Either he is a moron or he has put much faith in the amulet if he was wearing one. I just shake my head. Getting convinced Thai riders or drivers either have no fear of death or no brains.

I think you'll find they adequately qualify both of your latter comments
no brains & no fear of death!

12 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

But sadly maybe a bigger scooter . Possibly she has learnt a lesson in survival and won't get on the back of one when the rider is pi$$ed.

yes, she will. Had here a Thai lady here had a motorcycle accident and nearly died. A friend of ours daughter. The reason she nearly died was that she did not wear a helmet. Head hit the bitumen. I spoke to her and said you were lucky next time put that bloody helmet on Yes yes she said. I do Be standing on the footpath a motorbike came past her on the back of it Guess what? She had  no helmet. Thais can be called Dumb and Dumber

• Like 1