Cracks appear in new Bali Hai Pier floor

Rimmer

4 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I see plenty.  The article says the cracks are on the pier, but the photo with the article is "the park" as you call it.  stop being obtuse

Eventually that socalled pier and fake park will disappear  into the Ocean is how i see things.

Edited by Destiny1990

Obviously the big blue block of concrete isnt the pier...it used to be the jetty and parking area for speed boats,they where moved elsewhere under the pretext that this was public land...then the appointed bureaucrats say they will turn the area into a "public park" the public get a block of blue concrete !

As for the pier there where news reports of the tiles cracking due to no allowance for expansion,people slipping and injuring themselves on the barnacle encrusted stairs,someone electrocuted due to shoddy wiring and someone else injured when the reinforced concrete railing collapsed.

4 hours ago, johng said:

Obviously the big blue block of concrete isnt the pier...it used to be the jetty and parking area for speed boats,they where moved elsewhere under the pretext that this was public land...then the appointed bureaucrats say they will turn the area into a "public park" the public get a block of blue concrete !

As for the pier there where news reports of the tiles cracking due to no allowance for expansion,people slipping and injuring themselves on the barnacle encrusted stairs,someone electrocuted due to shoddy wiring and someone else injured when the reinforced concrete railing collapsed.

For what tourists spend around there its totally mismanaged.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 12:47 PM, impulse said:

Whose got September, 2018 in the pool for the first tourist to fall through? 

I'd like that square if nobody has it yet.

It is not the pier...

It is just cement laid over a once parking lot for boats, probably not much more than oily sand that's moving...

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, johng said:

Nothing beautiful about it at all.   just a big slab of concrete painted blue !!!!!!!!!!5ae14ff3ed1f0_P_20180408_101517(Large).jpg.7d6c7d156522e75ed8e0f5c06135168b.jpg

I doubt the base was done properly, and I'm sure it wasn't a good idea to do a slab that large anyway. Should have been pavers.

If it's just sand underneath, once it leaches away the slab will collapse into the holes.

However, entirely expected in Pattaya, where no public project has ever been done properly.