Blue House Book

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Only if they move to the new house, blue book is who lives in the house.

Blue book is for those who are registered at the property. Most people whose names are in blue books do not live at the property. For instance when children move to the city for work or get married and move to live in a rented house etc. they still stay registered in the family property blue book.

It is simply a way for the government to keep track of how many people are in the country as every person is registered somewhere.

HL

The blue book is the same as a yellow book if for a foreigner.

Every Thai is registered in one blue book. Therefore when a thai (or I think a foreigner with PR) buy a new house or condo (or actually only move into a rented property) he can register in the new book but have to be removed from the old blue book.

I not sure how they make sure, that you are registered only once. I think where you are registered is important for the 30 baht Thai Insurance as you only can use a hospital in the are where you are registered. So if you are registered in Chiang mai but life now in Bangkok, I am thinking (not sure) you can not use the 30 baht hospital in Bangkok.... maybe I am wrong.

For purposes of schooling and health,  Thais should be registered in that province/blue book.  It's not uncommon to obtain  credit on vehicle purchases for a Thai to be added in the gauarantuers housebook. But yes,  it's basically a record of residence 

On 6/10/2018 at 5:03 PM, HampiK said:

The blue book is the same as a yellow book if for a foreigner.

Every Thai is registered in one blue book. Therefore when a thai (or I think a foreigner with PR) buy a new house or condo (or actually only move into a rented property) he can register in the new book but have to be removed from the old blue book.

I not sure how they make sure, that you are registered only once. I think where you are registered is important for the 30 baht Thai Insurance as you only can use a hospital in the are where you are registered. So if you are registered in Chiang mai but life now in Bangkok, I am thinking (not sure) you can not use the 30 baht hospital in Bangkok.... maybe I am wrong. 

That's right. To make sure that a person is not registered at 2 different places the new Amphoe simply talks (probably sends a letter ;)) with the old Amphoe to make sure that the person is unregistered there

On 6/10/2018 at 3:46 PM, happylarry said:

Blue book is for those who are registered at the property. Most people whose names are in blue books do not live at the property. For instance when children move to the city for work or get married and move to live in a rented house etc. they still stay registered in the family property blue book. 

It is simply a way for the government to keep track of how many people are in the country as every person is registered somewhere. 

HL

Actually it should be people who live there, because by law Thais are required to register at the new place. But i've never heard that this law is enforced, so you are right that in reality it's "people who are registered there"

Edited by jackdd

Thais shuffle their names all the time in the Blue Books

My wife has a couple of kids (not ours ) in Sons / her Blue book, due to their parents wanting to send their children to a school in our area 

Maybe the OP may have been thinking partners name should be in the Book on the first page as House Master

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 9:29 AM, BEVUP said:

Thais shuffle their names all the time in the Blue Books

My wife has a couple of kids (not ours ) in Sons / her Blue book, due to their parents wanting to send their children to a school in our area 

Maybe the OP may have been thinking partners name should be in the Book on the first page as House Master

Maybe the OP may have been thinking partners name should be in the Book on the first page as House Master ... No my wife owns the house that we live in and is buying another ... just wondered who's name goes in the new house Blue Book.

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

Maybe the OP may have been thinking partners name should be in the Book on the first page as House Master ... No my wife owns the house that we live in and is buying another ... just wondered who's name goes in the new house Blue Book.

Maybe nobodys name will go in the blue book, if she rents it out to a farang or to a Thai who is registered elsewhere and does not wish to change their registration.

As said before, the blue book is just a means for the government to keep a tally on the amount of Thai people in the country. 

HL

My wife and I currently own a property in Pattaya and she is registered in the blue book for purposes of obtaining the 

30baht government insurance. 

We are moving soon into a rented house in Hua Hin where the foreign owner lives overseas.  

How does my wife go about establishing a local Hua Hin address for her 30bht government insurance card if we just rent and don’t have a blue book for her to register in as we did in Pattaya 

Thanks 

She has to get registered in the house book of the house in Hua Hin, so she would have to go to the Amphoe together with the owner.

If the owner is not available he probably has to write a power of attorney regarding putting her name in the house book and give the house book to her, then she can do it alone

Here is explained what exactly she has to do: http://www.bora.dopa.go.th/CallCenter1548/index.php/menu-population/13-service-handbook/population/29-population-add-name

My wife and I currently own a property in Pattaya and she is registered in the blue book for purposes of obtaining the 

30baht government insurance. 

We are moving soon into a rented house in Hua Hin where the foreign owner lives overseas.  

How does my wife go about establishing a local Hua Hin address for her 30bht government insurance card if we just rent and don’t have a blue book for her to register in as we did in Pattaya 

Thanks 

Thanks for the quick reply. The issue is the owner of the house lives in Europe and has blue book and chanote with him. 

So I’m trying to help my wife figure out a way to establish a Hua Hin address for the purpose of obtaining the government insurance. 

Thank you for sending the link.  I’ve given it to her already. In her opinion, she just needs to find anyone with a blue book she can go into.  Typically involves money she says. I think it can be done other ways like you suggested.  Just no idea how

2 minutes ago, ericg1953 said:

Thanks for the quick reply. The issue is the owner of the house lives in Europe and has blue book and chanote with him. 

So I’m trying to help my wife figure out a way to establish a Hua Hin address for the purpose of obtaining the government insurance. 

Thank you for sending the link.  I’ve given it to her already. In her opinion, she just needs to find anyone with a blue book she can go into.  Typically involves money she says. I think it can be done other ways like you suggested.  Just no idea how

Why dont you post on the HuaHin forum and maybe some kind soul on there will offer, or his wife may for a brown envelope.....lol

HL

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

She has to get registered in the house book of the house in Hua Hin, so she would have to go to the Amphoe together with the owner.

If the owner is not available he probably has to write a power of attorney regarding putting her name in the house book and give the house book to her, then she can do it alone

Here is explained what exactly she has to do: http://www.bora.dopa.go.th/CallCenter1548/index.php/menu-population/13-service-handbook/population/29-population-add-name

16 minutes ago, ericg1953 said:

Another option would be that the owner sends the house book and the power of attorney form to her by mail ?