Italian tourist injured as motorbike rams 7-Eleven in Chalong

webfact

Italian tourist injured as motorbike rams 7-Eleven

Eakkapop Thongtub

1528613763_1-org.jpg

The motorbike stopped short of entering the 7-Eleven. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: An Italian tourist luckily escaped serious injury after the motorbike she was sitting on rammed through a glass pane at a petrol station 7-Eleven in Chalong last night (June 9).

The woman, 23-year-old Citracca Ludovica from the Marche Region in Italy, suffered only minor cuts to her right leg.

Police were called to the PTT petrol station on Chao Fa West Rd at 10:15pm.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/italian-tourist-injured-as-motorbike-rams-7-eleven-67448.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-06-11

Her friend was driving the motorbike and pulled up in front of the store. He dismounted the motorbike and entered the shop while leaving the engine running.

Ms Ludovica remained seated on the bike, which then proceeded across the footpath and into the shopfront glass.

I might be wrong, but that looks like a Honda Click. If so, the engine will switch off when the side stand is lowered. Since the girl was sitting on it, I don't think he parked it running on the rear stand. So that the motorbike "proceeded" by itself doesn't hold.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

A couple of years ago a German tourist rammed his bike through the plate glass window of the Honda dealership less than a kilometer from this incident.

He was hospitalized with severe cuts above the knee.

What in the hell has that to do with an Italian girl visiting 7-11?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

What in the hell has that to do with an Italian girl visiting 7-11?

It was in relation to a statement made in the post immediately above.

And what the hell is an rude idiot like you doing demanding explanations of other people's posts?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Did her friend leave the engine running on the bike so the ac didn't cut out?  Don't want to leave your passenger shut in a hot Honda Click without the ac running.

Why would you not switch off the bike's engine when you go into 7-11, I don't get it?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I might be wrong, but that looks like a Honda Click. If so, the engine will switch off when the side stand is lowered.

It IS a blue Honda Click (as the report says).

So either stand was up or bike manipulated.

Best guess, he left her sitting (leg down) with the bike running.

And she played that "cling to right handle" game.

Learned a lesson for cheap.

No serious injury, some xxxx Baht for damages.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I don't understand why a motorbike need to be running – the motor, of course – when parked..?

More seriously, a friend of mine had his little son killed, because he was left alone by a nanny on a motorbike with the motor running at the side of a street, and suddenly the bike moved – by unexplained reason – head into a car in fairly high speed in the opposite lane of the street...?