Trump says expects 'signing' after 'very good' talks with Kim

webfact

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Did Trump & Kim have a meeting and signed agreements to end the hostilities or did Trump go to Singapore and wrote his name on an insignificant piece of paper ?  

That remains to be seen. It might very well be a big fat "nothing burger" as you man-child supporters are fond of saying. Based on what details have come out regarding the meeting I think that's exactly what it is.

PS. I would love to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Becker said:

very well be a big fat "nothing burger" as you man-child supporters are fond of saying.

Will you also stop these digs ?

If I were to start digs at you , it will escalate and the Mods will step in with deletions and possible suspensions .

I will not converse with some who refers to me as a "man-child supporter"

Why is it that the anti-trump brigade  cannot converse without having digs at the person they are talking to ?

If I were to reply to you civilly , I would be accepting that I am a "man-child supporter" and if I were to reply to you condescendingly , I would just be the same as you

If Trump walked on water, CNN would headline with "Trump cannot swim".

This is a great first step - but even Trump said he could be wrong about Kim after the agreement. 

So a good move forward.

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

If Trump walked on water, CNN would headline with "Trump cannot swim".

This is a great first step - but even Trump said he could be wrong about Kim after the agreement. 

So a good move forward.

He also said he wouldn't admit it, and come up with an excuse.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Will you also stop these digs ?

If I were to start digs at you , it will escalate and the Mods will step in with deletions and possible suspensions .

I will not converse with some who refers to me as a "man-child supporter"

Why is it that the anti-trump brigade  cannot converse without having digs at the person they are talking to ?

If I were to reply to you civilly , I would be accepting that I am a "man-child supporter" and if I were to reply to you condescendingly , I would just be the same as you

Make it yourself easy and block the ones that have TDS. 

I enjoy my time on TVF much more since i started doing that.

Sometimes i see 5-6 lines of

'You've chosen to ignore content by'

per page. It is a great feature.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Do you understand the concept of self depreciating humour ?

Do you understand this is something Trump actually does? As in ignoring past statements, denying them or claiming he said the opposite? It comes back to who the person is. As much as you'd like to, can't ignore that.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

He also said he wouldn't admit it, and come up with an excuse.

That's one of the most honest things he's said. Other presidents just use an army of well placed apologists and fact spinners. Trump's not the first liar to inhabit the White House. He's just the least polished.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

That's one of the most honest things he's said. Other presidents just use an army of well placed apologists and fact spinners. Trump's not the first liar to inhabit the White House. He's just the least polished.

Most level-headed presidents weren't in the habit of constantly issuing bombastic, bogus statements - thus avoiding the need to backtrack or blatantly deny things said. If you feel Trump's style is an improvement on this, we'll have to disagree. And yes - "Mission Accomplished", "Red Line". 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Most level-headed presidents weren't in the habit of constantly issuing bombastic, bogus statements - thus avoiding the need to backtrack or blatantly deny things said. If you feel Trump's style is an improvement on this, we'll have to disagree. And yes - "Mission Accomplished", "Red Line". 

Oh, I'm not suggesting any previous liar is in Trump's league. I'm just saying that's what presidents do when they fail, they spin it to appear as if they did not. Trump will outright lie about it and more polished politicians will have other people do it for them.

Oh, I'm not suggesting any previous liar is in Trump's league. I'm just saying that's what presidents do when they fail, they spin it to appear as if they did not. Trump will outright lie about it and more polished politicians will have other people do it for them.

And I'll to reassert that most politicians will try to avoid such a situation to begin with. Precisely because the public is pretty much clued in to them being liars. Trump seems oblivious to this, until he's challenged and caught out -- and then he flips (or goes on a Twitter Tantrum). That happens quite often. I think we've passed the stage of same-same-but-moar by now. Trump's a whole different quality when it comes to lying.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

And I'll to reassert that most politicians will try to avoid such a situation to begin with. Precisely because the public is pretty much clued in to them being liars. Trump seems oblivious to this, until he's challenged and caught out -- and then he flips (or goes on a Twitter Tantrum). That happens quite often. I think we've passed the stage of same-same-but-moar by now. Trump's a whole different quality when it comes to lying.

That's what I said , here :   " I'm not suggesting any previous liar is in Trump's league "

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That's what I said , here :   " I'm not suggesting any previous liar is in Trump's league "

But what you did suggest it that it amounts to the same thing:

"Trump will outright lie about it and more polished politicians will have other people do it for them."

27 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

But what you did suggest it that it amounts to the same thing:

"Trump will outright lie about it and more polished politicians will have other people do it for them."

Well, it is the same thing, but obviously the scale is vastly different as is the methodololgy.

7 hours ago, bristolboy said:

And anyway, it's not even true. Trump baldfacedly lies, denies that he said things that he's recorded as saying etc. So, no, polished politicians don't outsource to others to lie absurdly like Trump. Yours is just another version of they all do it and it all amounts to the same thing.

That's what I said; the scale and methodology is much different. Did you not comprehend that?

7 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That's what I said; the scale and methodology is much different. Did you not comprehend that?

You did what you could to hide that, mentioning 'larger scale' in stead of'different' would have been much better eg.

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I didn't try to hide anything. I have nothing to protect.

well, presumably no one has anything to protect or defend here except their position. You clearly likened what Trump does as fundamentally not different from what more polished politicians do by getting catspaws to use Trump's tactics. Simply not true.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

well, presumably no one has anything to protect or defend here except their position. You clearly likened what Trump does as fundamentally not different from what more polished politicians do by getting catspaws to use Trump's tactics. Simply not true.

There's no catspaws about it.  I think Trump is an absolutely odious person. Is that clear enough? That said, he is now president. I think of him less now as "Trump" and more as the president who I wish wasn't president. That doesn't mean I wish his opponent was president instead. That would be just as horrible, in different ways IMO.

There's no catspaws about it.  I think Trump is an absolutely odious person. Is that clear enough? That said, he is now president. I think of him less now as "Trump" and more as the president who I wish wasn't president. That doesn't mean I wish his opponent was president instead. That would be just as horrible, in different ways IMO.

So now that you say you don't equate Trump with politicians, you resort to the sad and tired tack of saying Hillary Clinton would be just as bad. I think having a rational person capable of self control would be a huge improvement  given the enormous power of the Presidency.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I forgot to congratulate you for diverting the conversation to Hillary Clinton. That's quite a predilection you've got there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So now that you say you don't equate Trump with politicians, you resort to the sad and tired tack of saying Hillary Clinton would be just as bad. I think having a rational person capable of self control would be a huge improvement  given the enormous power of the Presidency.

Your view of who is rational and capable has motivated others to vote for someone like Trump so they won't have to stomach that rational and capable person that never seems to serve their interests. Not to say Trump ever will. It's a Hail Mary pass at best,

Your view of who is rational and capable has motivated others to vote for someone like Trump so they won't have to stomach that rational and capable person that never seems to serve their interests. Not to say Trump ever will. It's a Hail Mary pass at best,

Still on your Hillary bender, I see. 

• Like 1

"“Kim Jong Un seems to have demonstrated that one gets more respect from Trump by defying him than trying to get along. If other leaders reach the same conclusion, they will devote less effort to remaining on good terms with the United States and concentrate instead on building cooperative arrangements with each other,” he warned before concluding, “At this point, they’d be crazy not to.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/harvard-foreign-policy-expert-explains-kim-jung-un-suckered-trump-major-giveaway-acting-irrationally/