Wanted: 1,000 World Cup ‘Pretties’ Sought By Police

webfact

33 minutes ago, connda said:

Imagine a Thailand where the police put the man-power involved in busting 'morality crimes' such as gambling, and instead apply those man-hours to putting police in patrol cars and monkey-hammering Thai motorists who thumb-their-noses at Thai traffic laws?  Can you imagine a Thailand like that where Thailand is no longer even in the top-10 most dangerous roads of in the world?  10 to 1 you probably can't.  :dry:

index.jpeg.a71680a53ede69c6187c89f9e4fd9b62.jpeg

Even second on the list would be a good start.... 

I used to think of the police, particularly their bosses, as something akin to the Keystone Cops. Now I am not so certain - they are closer to being imbeciles!

All this effort in cracking down on gambling and pretty girls yet they let 60+ persons die each year on their roads! A strange "culture" indeed.

They don't seem to understand what the word "priorities" means. "Shoot the messenger" and always cut down the "low hanging fruit" is the limit of their capablities most of the time (the only real exception is "Big Joke").

JEEZ. What is the PM doing (apart from acting like a petulant child and living in a different world)? 

BTW - I wouldn't mind a couple of these "pretties" myself ?

4 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

Isn't the national lottery gambling?

You would think so, wouldn't you? Please be assured it isn't.

I remember this same question came up over ten years ago. The department administering the lottery explained that of course it wasn't, because: The lottery is a 'game of chance', not gambling.

It must be correct - the government at the time said so.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You would think so, wouldn't you? Please be assured it isn't.

I remember this same question came up over ten years ago. The department administering the lottery explained that of course it wasn't, because: The lottery is a 'game of chance', not gambling.

It must be correct - the government at the time said so.

"It must be correct - the government at the time said so."  :clap2:

They would not know the difference between gambling and betting.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

This kind of thing simply cannot be tolerated and they must be punished.

As a concerned, public-minded individual, I volunteer to give each and every one of the 'pretties' a good spanking. 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

And I'm happy to tend to the red & sore areas after said spanking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

I used to think of the police, particularly their bosses, as something akin to the Keystone Cops. Now I am not so certain - they are closer to being imbeciles! {snipped}

Why does the Benny Hill chase music spring to mind I wonder?

2 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

{snipped}BTW - I wouldn't mind a couple of these "pretties" myself ?

Priest: I run a charity saving fallen women.

Man: Save one for me will you?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Better start preparing an entire wing at the high-security Women's Correctional Facility... for it soon will be filled to the brim with pretties, the hardened criminals that they are.

Looked at those pretties has probably made some criminals harden already.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said Tuesday they are looking for more than 1,000 women for illegally promoting online gambling for the upcoming World Cup.

To the promoters: get some Thai civil service people involved - give them some share of the profits. This government will not prosecute - see illegal unlicensed hotels operating in Hua Hin.

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

I used to think of the police, particularly their bosses, as something akin to the Keystone Cops. Now I am not so certain - they are closer to being imbeciles!

All this effort in cracking down on gambling and pretty girls yet they let 60+ persons die each year on their roads! A strange "culture" indeed.

They don't seem to understand what the word "priorities" means. "Shoot the messenger" and always cut down the "low hanging fruit" is the limit of their capablities most of the time (the only real exception is "Big Joke").

JEEZ. What is the PM doing (apart from acting like a petulant child and living in a different world)? 

BTW - I wouldn't mind a couple of these "pretties" myself ?

That's 60 + per day -- not year , more coffee needed ?

Unlike every other country in the area, Thailand bans gambling. Why? Because Thais lack self-control (in just about everything) and easily get into debt by gambling. So it's supposed to be for their own protection, and easier to ban it than teach people responsibility. The ban is futile of course, but limiting the opportunities probably reduces the number of lives ruined.

My sister-in-law was able to buy a nice house off of someone who had to sell to pay off their gambling debts ?

17 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

This kind of thing simply cannot be tolerated and they must be punished.

As a concerned, public-minded individual, I volunteer to give each and every one of the 'pretties' a good spanking. 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

They will only be handed over to you for punishment after I have searched every one of them to ensure that they are not carrying any weapons that could be a threat you and stop their punishment from being carried out. It may take me a couple of hours to search every nook and cranny of each one of them so you will have to be patient.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

They will only be handed over to you for punishment after I have searched every one of them to ensure that they are not carrying any weapons that could be a threat you and stop their punishment from being carried out. It may take me a couple of hours to search every nook and cranny of each one of them so you will have to be patient. 

I would think that "a couple of hours to search every nook and cranny of each one of them" is being a trifle optimistic there.

If you do it thoroughly you may well end up suffering from exhaustion, probably becoming a "patient" yourself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I would think that "a couple of hours to search every nook and cranny of each one of them" is being a trifle optimistic there.

If you do it thoroughly you may well end up suffering from exhaustion, probably becoming a "patient" yourself.

that couple of hours is for each of the beauties, I do not want to be greedy and keep them from you any longer than I need to

Obviously the Popo are not interested in more than detaining these models for interrogation so as to obtain the names and the whereabouts of these illegal gambling establishments.

Their established motive is to allegedly "shut them down".

But I believe that this round-up has a more insidious agenda. The popo have a vested interest in sports betting throughout the country. They run or allow OTB in most every snooker room in Thailand. And of course they are making money from these outlets. With the added aspect of online betting, their income has been dramatically reduced and now they're on the warpath. Either to collect or to shut down....You decide

Thailand can not undergo a viable reformation without abolishing corruption first

Again I say legalize gambling so as to concentrate on more pressing matters. GO FORWARD THAILAND

Edited by Top Chef

The post arrest body cavity searches at the various police stations are going to become quite popular among the RTP, I'd imagine!

But will the police also have the criminals re-enact their crimes for the assembled news media as is their custom -- the crimes being, dancing provocatively via online video with skimpy outfits with the betting site names written in marker on their exposed boobs???