Non-O from Vientiane

I need the help of the expert once again.

I'd like to know if it is possible to get a Non-O (legally married to Thai and father to a Thai born son) in Vientiane?

I have been reading through the consular service of the Thai Embassy in Vientiane (through google translation) that Mauritian citizen should apply from the country of residence.

Could any kind soul confirm it or I can apply for a non-o there?

Thanks in advance!!

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

You can’t get a “Tourist Visa” from Vientiane if you’re Mauritian, but you can get a Single Entry Non-Immigrant ‘O’ visa if you can meet the requirements.

The list on the Vientiane website says tourist visas but in reality it means all visas. 

I suggest the you check with the embassy in Vientiane to confirm you cannot get a visa there. The list on their website if over 5 years old. The list on the Kuala Lumpur website dated February of this year does not have Mauritani on it. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/listed country 2018_2.pdf  

1 minute ago, xtr3mx7 said:

Thanks a lot for the input. Guess I'll give both KL and Vientiane a phone call to confirm if Mauritius is really barred from getting Non-O.

If you are want the non-o visa to apply for a one year extension of stay  based upon marriage at immigration you could apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry based upon qualifying for the extension. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_79

Thanks Ubonjoe. the thing is due to some stupidity from the immigration, they do not recognise my new passport (all paper works provided & certified by the Thai Embassy in Pretoria) and was asked to leave the country, get a new non-o and come back.

So, my only option is to get a non-o at the nearest embassy!

28 minutes ago, xtr3mx7 said:

Thanks Ubonjoe. the thing is due to some stupidity from the immigration, they do not recognise my new passport (all paper works provided & certified by the Thai Embassy in Pretoria) and was asked to leave the country, get a new non-o and come back.

I suspect it is because you cannot provide a letter to confirm your new passport by your embassy since apparently there is not one here.

Not sure what a Thai embassy could do to confirm your new passport was valid.

Thanks Ubon for the reply.

The letter has already been certified & legalised by the Royal Thai Embassy in SA, Pretoria but for some obvious natural reason, the letter reached out late past the expiry date.

Therefore, I have been told by the IO to leave the country using both old & new passport and get a new Non-O from a nearby Royal Thai Embassy using the new passport. However, most information on the Thai embassy webites have a restricted list of Countries which Mauritius is included. 

I've called the Royal Thai Embassy in KL and got an automatic message to call between 3-5pm as they are busy with the Vientiane not answering at all.

4 minutes ago, xtr3mx7 said:

I've called the Royal Thai Embassy in KL and got an automatic message to call between 3-5pm as they are busy with the Vientiane not answering at all.

Vientiane's website has this on it. 

(+856) 21 453916 (between 13.30-16.30 hrs only)