Sisters put up sign cursing killer of five pet dogs

webfact

Sisters put up sign cursing killer of five pet dogs

By The Nation

4362f0dfd30d1444ff76ee0b6de22038.jpeg

Two sisters in Songkhla’s Hat Yai district put up a large sign in front of their house to curse and condemn the person who killed their five pet dogs with poison.

Saijit Promchart, 47, Saithip Promchart, 49, said their five dogs were killed with poison in front of their house on Wednesday morning. That led them to erect a vinyl sign placing a curse on the killer for the same fate.

e27467a2198ba667443e5bf1f7a0b18a.jpeg

The sisters said they left home at 5am on Wednesday to sell goods at a market in Hat Yai town and were told at 9am that their dogs had been killed by poison.

ae1d16e800ce8fa0dfdbf6e142ebd370.jpeg

They said their dogs were not fierce, had never bitten anyone and simply played around in front of their house.

They have filed a complaint with the village head asking for an investigation.

e23c756fd40ba40892da5f589059fbbc.jpeg

bef7e1a63b4e49a97d2d3faa8635ae98.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347749

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-14

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

Sorry for the dog lovers but I also hate dogs roaming around and barking at shadows especially at 3:00am. I have distributed my fair share of free chocolate for the noisy ba..ards.

So how many dogs have you poisoned till now?

Just now, bannork said:

The dogs may have barked all night annoying neighbours.

Exactly, and if you complain they will not talk to you and get offended, or come out with what about all the other dogs, all dogs bark etc. We have 15 dogs around us left out all day while the so called owners are out at work, it's like living in a kennel compound. They were killed to save somebody's sanity, not for the fun of it. I must say I have been sorely temped myself at times due to constant yapping, barking and howling. it's a myth that Thais are not bothered by noise of course.

Just now, taipan1949 said:

Sorry for the dog lovers but I also hate dogs roaming around and barking at shadows especially at 3:00am. I have distributed my fair share of free chocolate for the noisy ba..ards.

It's quite difficult to poison a large dog, chocolate will not do the job, nor xylitol in gum or most of the other things you read about.

23 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

Let's hope the Thais find out and give you what you deserve

Just now, Orton Rd said:

if you mean those ultra sonic gadgets they actually make some dogs bark more!

I made one of these kits (and I do mean the actual Woofer Stopper) over 20 years ago, and it certainly worked well, on feral Malaysian dogs,

and I don't think language will be a problem ? over the border

Who has, or needs, 5 dogs? I don't get it. Especially when so many dogs here are the yappy kind. I hate that and I hate them and I condemn the owners for putting me through hell with their inconsiderate attitudes.

Thank the gods for the occasional village visit by Vietnamese in the middle of the night. 

Just now, Rhys said:

That is so cruel... may just come some day...

so is the way a lot of Thais look after dogs. Mrs complained to house across the road about their latest soi dog take in that was barking all the time while they were out at work. The response was it will be ok we are getting a cage to put him in, and they did just big enough for it to stand in. It will now go slowly mad and it barks more than ever!

20 hours ago, vogie said:

Terrible to poison the dogs, but who has 5 'pet' dogs and goes to work and leaves them on the street for other people to put up with. 

The majority of Thais leave their dogs to run around annoying others

20 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

You do realise that chocolate can kill dogs, And you do realise that Thailand has very tough penalties for animal cruelty, including jail time. And that you have posted what you have done on a public forum.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

You do realise that chocolate can kill dogs, And you do realise that Thailand has very tough penalties for animal cruelty, including jail time. And that you have posted what you have done on a public forum.

Are there similarly tough laws for dog owners who let their hounds bark all night preventing their neighbours from getting a good night's sleep?

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

Are there similarly tough laws for dog owners who let their hounds bark all night preventing their neighbours from getting a good night's sleep?

I don't know. Any ideas on how to stop dogs barking - apart from killing them?

Archived