Is there a law in Thailand about such behaviour?

Confuscious

5 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Your source is?

Lots of vitamins are toxic if used above recommended levels.

http://www.iceberglabs.net/vitamins_minerals.htm

And many cheap vitamins are totally synthetic, some made from petroleum chemicals and even coal, I might have been wrong about the corn derived ones, but that was what I once read but I can't find anything about that now.

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-vitamin-supplements

There are over 60,000 cases of vitamin toxicity reported in the USevery year.  Many people develop hepatitis as a result of consuming too many vitamin supplements.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/819426-overview

7 minutes ago, Justfine said:

I suggest you cut back on sugar and alcohol instead of posting misinformation about v&ms.

I haven't posted any misinformation, look up acute hepatitis and niacin, there have been cases of people developing hepatitis from a single dose of B3, the body is not made to receive vitamins in pure form, they should come bonded to fibre.

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Lots of vitamins are toxic if used above recommended levels.

http://www.iceberglabs.net/vitamins_minerals.htm

And many cheap vitamins are totally synthetic, some made from petroleum chemicals and even coal, I might have been wrong about the corn derived ones, but that was what I once read but I can't find anything about that now.

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-vitamin-supplements

There are over 60,000 cases of vitamin toxicity reported in the USevery year.  Many people develop hepatitis as a result of consuming too many vitamin supplements.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/819426-overview

Water is toxic if over used. Millions die from excess alcohol and sugar.

You are ignoring the major killers.

Every vitamin container has warnings about overuse.

Glad that I could help you learn more. You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I haven't posted any misinformation, look up acute hepatitis and niacin, there have been cases of people developing hepatitis from a single dose of B3, the body is not made to receive vitamins in pure form, they should come bonded to fibre.

Yes you have. You called them toxic junk. Total misinformation.

11 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Water is toxic if over used. Millions die from excess alcohol and sugar.

You are ignoring the major killers.

Every vitamin container has warnings about overuse.

Glad that I could help you learn more. You're welcome.

I didn't say vitamins were the biggest killers and as we were talking about vitamins I ignored all other causes of toxicity, obviously as to do otherwise would have been as dim as trying to palm off the thousands of cases of vitamin toxicity every year as being equatable to water toxicity, which has exactly how many cases per year?  Is it zero?

But yes, more people die from alcohol and sugar, thanks for the entirely irrelevant info.

In the mean time, did you learn something about the fools who buy vitamins at discount prices thinking they can load up on the fat soluble ones only to develop liver problems or did you arrogantly ignore the info and even make out that it is no more dangerous than drinking water and also pretend that you were the one with insightful info to share?

17 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Yes you have. You called them toxic junk. Total misinformation.

They are toxic junk, the body is not capable of using them as they are not bound to anything, therefor they are junk, and some of them get stored in the liver and they are toxic, fact, toxic junk.

Edited by Kieran00001

12 minutes ago, Justfine said:

https://www.drweil.com/vitamins-supplements-herbs/vitamins/vitamin-b3-for-heart-health/?amp

Clear benefits and warnings about B3.

Clear warnings about paracetamol as well.

You never take pills?

Never drink alcohol or eat sugar?

Please

You came on here bragging about saving money by buying discount vitamins that are stored in the liver for months.  You were encouraging idiots to overdose on vitamins, I set you straight and you want to deny that the message was unclear?  I am not saying the companies selling them don't warn people not to do what you were suggesting, I am just saying don't do what you implied you do.

19 minutes ago, Justfine said:

"what I once read "

So you read something once then call a pill toxic junk based on some rough memory. I proved you wrong in seconds.

That's not proper research.

I posted a peer reviewed study demonstrating the toxicity of a vitamin and you are claiming that you have proven something?  What?  I stated that I read about the corn derived pills may not have been correct, but vitamins are toxic, no one is denying that, the whole scientific community concurs.  But you would know all about that being capable of "proper research".

18 minutes ago, Justfine said:

https://www.drweil.com/vitamins-supplements-herbs/vitamins/vitamin-b3-for-heart-health/?amp

Clear benefits and warnings about B3.

Clear warnings about paracetamol as well.

You never take pills?

Never drink alcohol or eat sugar?

Please

Are there clear warnings on corn flakes and redbull?  What if I take a B3 pill, eat a bowl of cornflakes and then drink two redbull's?  Overdose on B3, that's what, and all without a single warning, in fact encouragement from some on the internet who claim that drinking water is just as dangerous as a chemical that causes hepatitis in very small doses, better not to talk if you know so little.

39 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

They are toxic junk, the body is not capable of using them as they are not bound to anything, therefor they are junk, and some of them get stored in the liver and they are toxic, fact, toxic junk.

Rubbish. You are not qualified in nutrition.

32 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Are there clear warnings on corn flakes and redbull?  What if I take a B3 pill, eat a bowl of cornflakes and then drink two redbull's?  Overdose on B3, that's what, and all without a single warning, in fact encouragement from some on the internet who claim that drinking water is just as dangerous as a chemical that causes hepatitis in very small doses, better not to talk if you know so little.

Why keep embarrasing yourself? 

Excess water kills people in hours.

Not enough salt kills runners in hours.

People aren't dropping dead due to taking a single vitamin pill.

Happy to challenge you to a fitness and strength test.

22 minutes ago, Justfine said:

"redbull"

A google search provides many warnings. Common knowledge.

Beware of the heir, especially if he's behind the wheel......

Edited by Vacuum
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

Rubbish. You are not qualified in nutrition.

I posted peer reviewed studies that back up what I am saying.  You recon you can load up on fat soluble vitamins while they are on offer, go ahead, but post it here and I will tell people not to follow your terrible advice, is that OK with you?

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

I posted peer reviewed studies that back up what I am saying.  You recon you can load up on fat soluble vitamins while they are on offer, go ahead, but post it here and I will tell people not to follow your terrible advice, is that OK with you?

Load up? Who said anything about loading up? Not me.

Now you are just making things up.

People should draw most of their nutrients from regular foods not pills. 

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

Why keep embarrasing yourself? 

Excess water kills people in hours.

Not enough salt kills runners in hours.

People aren't dropping dead due to taking a single vitamin pill.

Happy to challenge you to a fitness and strength test.

Why do you keep talking about things that have nothing to do with what we were talking about? 

No, no one is dropping dead from a single vitamin pill, likewise no one is dropping dead from a single glass of water or grain of salt, see what nonsense you have been trying now its said back to you?

People overdose on toxic vitamin pills everyday, fact.  And part of the reason is because of the dangerous things people claim on the internet.

Happy to challenge you to an IQ test.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Why do you keep talking about things that have nothing to do with what we were talking about? 

No, no one is dropping dead from a single vitamin pill, likewise no one is dropping dead from a single glass of water or grain of salt, see what nonsense you have been trying now its said back to you?

People overdose on toxic vitamin pills everyday, fact.  And part of the reason is because of the dangerous things people claim on the internet.

Happy to challenge you to an IQ test.

Not sure why you keep ranting. You must like arguing.

21 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Load up? Who said anything about loading up? Not me.

Now you are just making things up.

People should draw most of their nutrients from regular foods not pills. 

That was what I inferred from your comment, "I only buy supplements on special. Fat soluble v&m stay in the body for months."

25 minutes ago, Justfine said:

"Happy to challenge you to an IQ test"

You lost already, not knowing the basics of nutrition.

Not sure what you think I don't know about nutrition or how you think you could possible know, but who cares.

I guess you have never heard of hypervitaminosis, the thing I have been talking about and which you seem to believe does not exist.  It doesn't happen if you eat a lot of food containing vitamins, but it does if you take a lot of supplements, fat soluble ones, 65,000 cases per year in the US including a few deaths.

Edited by Kieran00001

31 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

That was what I inferred from your comment, "I only buy supplements on special. Fat soluble v&m stay in the body for months."

And you turned that into loading up on pills?

The main things I buy are ground flaxseed and whey protein.

26 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Not sure what you think I don't know about nutrition or how you think you could possible know, but who cares.

I guess you have never heard of hypervitaminosis, the thing I have been talking about and which you seem to believe does not exist.  It doesn't happen if you eat a lot of food containing vitamins, but it does if you take a lot of supplements, fat soluble ones, 65,000 cases per year in the US including a few deaths.

A few deaths? 50m people die every year.

Most people know excess pills cause harm. That's common sense. I'm not responsible for people who slam down pills. Headache pills do the most damage.

I slam down spinach instead. 

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

And you turned that into loading up on pills?

The main things I buy are ground flaxseed and whey protein.

Ground flax seeds and whey protein are neither vitamins nor minerals. 

But yes that is what I turned that into, when someone says they buy supplements on special and then goes on to say that fat soluble V+M stay in the body for months, obviously people are going to think they are suggesting buying vitamins on special and eating them all as they will then be stored in your fat.  Whether you were or not it needed to be made clear that doing so would be very dangerous.

11 hours ago, catman20 said:

OK Sherlock why did some people agree with by post by clicking on it ? 

Because they don't stay in Thaïland and they don't known what they do. Now even in little shops they give you a receipt.

Justfine and Kieran.

STOP! The argument is unwinnable.

Some believe vitamins are safe,

some believe they're bad for you,

some like me believe they are useless but not harmful.

But an unwinnable argument, so just stop 5555

12 hours ago, marco999 said:

Because they don't stay in Thaïland and they don't known what they do. Now even in little shops they give you a receipt.

well i do live in Thailand and i know exactly what their all up too, their at it at every turn. as soon as you drop your guard here someone here will try fxxk you over !