Is there a law in Thailand about such behaviour?

Confuscious

5 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Staff can't "pocket the difference" if the payment goes through the cash register and you get a receipt, and no real business does " no receipt for cash" sales. Better explanation is a special is over but staff weren't told. I speak Thai, am polite and never get cheated, though I do get mistakes. Remember, Thai staff have to make up shortages by themselves, or it's taken from their employment bond.  

I speak Thai, am polite and never get cheated, though I do get mistakes.

Not knowing your level of Thai, but also Thais have such experiences, not only foreigners. 

not always not in your favour. sometimes they take the promotion price off the shelf but when you go to checkout you still get the discount. 7/11
but yes happens the other way round too
Your right bought something at discount in Tesco they charged less.said it had been discounted again.so went back and got 2 more

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

As I didn't want to make a scene over "a few baht", I left the shop.

But worth whining over it? Get used to this country, some things are different and comparing with other countries won't get you that far. 

P.S. I'd have sent a Thai to the shop to buy it for me if it was so important. 

Who is "whining"?
The only one who is "Whining" here seems to be YOU.
I only started a thread over the rights of consumers in Thailand.
Completely different as "whining".
Now, crawl back under your stone and have a good sleep.
Yawn

On 6/15/2018 at 1:45 AM, catman20 said:

i recon she was trying it on, sell it to you at the correct price and she pockets the discount. :sorry:

Don't tell bullshit. How she can pocket the discount if it is on the ticket. At the end of the day the owner will found a difference on the receipt and the money box. He/her will remove the difference from the cashier salary who will get nothing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marco999 said:

Don't tell bullshit. How she can pocket the discount if it is on the ticket. At the end of the day the owner will found a difference on the receipt and the money box. He/her will remove the difference from the cashier salary who will get nothing.

OK Sherlock why did some people agree with by post by clicking on it ? 

4 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

AH, fat, dumb and happy!  That's how to live comfortably in LOS.  555

Bit of a stretch to infer the dumb and happy bit; though I grant you that I am happy living here.  Or maybe i'm just dumb enough to think I'm happy?

On 6/16/2018 at 11:10 AM, Confuscious said:

50Mb/30Mb speed for 599 baht.

I went to the AIS shop and asked clearly if they could guarantee that speed, and their answer was "YES".

Unless you buy an expensive business subscription, they can never guarantee their speed claims. Does it not say somewhere in the contract, that it's up to these numbers?

15 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Bit of a stretch to infer the dumb and happy bit...

Oh, come on.  One cannot get along in Thailand without a bit of good-natured teasing.  So far, I haven't killed a single one of my wife's 5 siblings. Though if they continue to be dumber and happier, there comes a time.  555

39 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Unless you buy an expensive business subscription, they can never guarantee their speed claims. Does it not say somewhere in the contract, that it's up to these numbers?

READ MY ANSWER AGAIN!!!!!!

Their contract stated VERY CLEARLY that if they can not deliver their promises, they would take everything back at no cost.

AIS.jpg

14 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Their contract stated VERY CLEARLY that if they can not deliver their promises, they would take everything back at no cost.

AIS.jpg

I'm quite sure that in the advertisements they use terms like "up to" or "maximum" same what they do in western countries, so they don't guarantee you anything unless that you have some internet

• Like 1

I guess you didn´t need your vitamins, or did you find another place where they honoured the discount for you?

With that I mean. The shop told you it was expired, which is as close to an appologize you will find in such a situation in Thailand. After that they offered to sell the vitamins to you at regular price, but you suddenly refused and didn´t want to do that. That clearly means to me, that the need for vitamins is only visible if they are on sale at a great discount.

Edited by Get Real

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

If AIS said they can guarantee the rate they are different to every other provider. The Internet is known as a 'Best Effort" for most users. This means there is no QoS (Quality of Service) part of which is the bit rate. For such a guarantee the bandwidth allocated to you would have to be fixed as Bandwidth an Data rate is interdependent. For consumers they do not provide fixed bandwidth. Businesses can get a guaranteed data rate but the cost is very high.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I guess you didn´t need your vitamins, or did you find another place where they honoured the discount for you?

With that I mean. The shop told you it was expired, which is as close to an appologize you will find in such a situation in Thailand. After that they offered to sell the vitamins to you at regular price, but you suddenly refused and didn´t want to do that. That clearly means to me, that the need for vitamins is only visible if they are on sale at a great discount.

I found the same day the same Vitamins on sale at a Boots shop in a package of "100 + 10 +10" Tablets.
This clearly means to me that you are bullshitting.
Next plonker please ......

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

OK Sherlock why did some people agree with by post by clicking on it ? 

Ah, some people like a post so it must be true.

Sorry, no, as been indicated by me and several others, the cashier can not pocket the difference. I'm not trying to explain the though process of people who are clearly wrong.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

AIS.jpg

Hey buddy, stop yelling at people.

54 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I found the same day the same Vitamins on sale at a Boots shop in a package of "100 + 10 +10" Tablets.
This clearly means to me that you are bullshitting.
Next plonker please ......

Cut out the abuse.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

I only buy supplements on special. Fat soluble v&m stay in the body for months.

• Like 1

In Canada, if the price of an item is incorrectly advertised or on the article, then that is the price that is paid.  No ifs, buts, becauses, howevers, therefores, or whatevers.  If the sale is objected to by the proprietor or the salesperson, pick up the phone and threaten to call the correct authority and the advertised price is soon permitted.

52 minutes ago, Justfine said:

What toxic junk? You piss out excess amounts.

That's the water soluble vitamins, the fat soluble ones get stored in the fat in your liver, and when you buy vitamins, unless you buy very expensive ones, they are actually corn starch that has been modified to behave like a vitamin, and are toxic.

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

That's the water soluble vitamins, the fat soluble ones get stored in the fat in your liver, and when you buy vitamins, unless you buy very expensive ones, they are actually corn starch that has been modified to behave like a vitamin, and are toxic.

Your source is?

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I suggest you cut back on sugar and alcohol instead of posting misinformation about v&ms.