Report rebukes Comey, but says no bias in Clinton email case

webfact

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump shares your hope.

He and his shrills are working overtime to discredit the FBI, the DOJ and the security services in an attempt to undermine the criminal charges headed Trump’s way.

Please keep me out of your off topic reply's,this isn't about PT

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

Hey, you said you read  the IG report,  "Nowhere did I read that the IG criticized". 

I got news for you. The IG report isn't the only place you can read information about what was written there. And as I and someone else pointed out, if that information was there, by now it would have been plastered all over the right wing media. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

Have you ever served on a jury?  Ever watched Court TV? A grant of immunity is EXTREMELY rare. I mean almost NEVER do you see it. Yet it was granted in varying degrees at least 5 times with respect to the Clinton email investigation. Why might that be?  The FBI is a powerful investigative agency. They're not offering anyone immunity as they go after Manafort or Papadopolous or Flynn and nor should they. So why was it necessary to offer varying degrees of immunity to staff workers about a case of emails?  I know why, and you probably know why. It's only your wrong view you need to protect. Let it go. You'll be better for it.

And you keep on being misleading about it. It was partial immunity that was granted. But most importantly,  the IG doesn't agree with you that there was anything improper about it. Clearly this is just more of your HC obsession at work.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, riclag said:

Please keep me out of your off topic reply's,this isn't about PT

PT requested the invetigation!

Now the results turn out not to be what Trump has been telling his supporters they would be... suddenly it’s no longer about Trump.

It’s all about Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And you keep on being misleading about it. It was partial immunity that was granted. But most importantly,  the IG doesn't agree with you that there was anything improper about it. Clearly this is just more of your HC obsession at work.

Why the "partial" immunity?  It is EXTREMELY rare that anyone is ever granted it. Why? You hear about it in Mob investigations, but where else?

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

I didn't say that read it again("Anyone who might be charged or who could give insight into who should be charged was granted immunity just for speaking with invesigators from the outset").

If anyone was granted immunity it was obviously a waste as no activity warranting charges have been identified. I guess Trump, the detractor in chief, will continue alleging conspiracy, making a fool of himself and sullying the Office of the President of the USA.

Edited by simple1

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Why the "partial" immunity?  It is EXTREMELY rare that anyone is ever granted it. Why? You hear about it in Mob investigations, but where else?

I don't know that it's extremely rate. But even if it was, the IG has ruled that there was no bias in the FBI investigation of the Clinton case. Comey did get rebuked for deciding not to bring charges but then rebuking Hillary. That was definitely a violation of procedure. Don't see you getting heated up much about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I don't know that it's extremely rate. But even if it was, the IG has ruled that there was no bias in the FBI investigation of the Clinton case. Comey did get rebuked for deciding not to bring charges but then rebuking Hillary. That was definitely a violation of procedure. Don't see you getting heated up much about that.

I really haven't got that far into it. You may find this hard to believe given the contempt I have for these people, but I'm trying to look forward rather than backwards. I'm not always successful at that.

I hope the DOJ doesn't fire Stroz until the house subpoena's him,so American's can find out about the Insurance policy that him and L. Page discussed in their txt messages.

52 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Anyone, including the president, who believes there was some kind of FBI conspiracy to prevent him from being elected president now ought to go off their Kool-Aid for a few weeks. The reality is, just the opposite, Comey's actions prior to the election, intentional or not, ended up helping Trump get elected.

As for the Russia probe, it's legitimate and deserved and Mueller's investigation is not in any way tainted by whatever poor judgment Comey exercised prior to the election in his public announcements re the Clinton investigation -- announcements that probably helped cost Clinton the election.

But Trump will continue to see conspiracies everywhere, of course, except where the real one exists, and that's in his company first, then his campaign and campaign staff, and finally his Administration playing footsie with all kind of different unsavory Russian characters, and perhaps the Russian government as well.

Can you explain why Lynch wanted Comey to call it a Matter and not a Investigation. Can you explain why Obama  said he only new that Clinton had a private email from news reports,when there were 13 people that communicated with her on her private email and he was one of them.Why did Comey wait a month to come out with the Weiner emails.Where was Comey when Stroz edited his exoneration of HC from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless. How can Americans believe in Fidelity,Bravery and Integrity from the very top officials in the FBI!  Horowitz has much explaining to do about bias ,to the American people,when he goes in front of the House committee 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's all a conspiracy, as you have long suspected. The current FBI director, appointed by Trump, is in on it. So is Sessions. And the IG too, he's obviously a Clinton stooge.

And the real secret is, it's all been a plot by all the conservative Republican Mormons who populate much of the FBI leadership ranks to bring back George McGovern from the dead and install him as president.

Obviously, you've already sussed all this out.  :cheesy:

The current FBI(Rey) isn't in on it. Sessions well he will be coming out with his recommendations on what to do going forward in regard to the IG report. The rest of your comment is heavenly,I can't reply to it I have no religion. 

51 minutes ago, riclag said:

insubordinate Comey followed HC  footsteps. 

IG: Comey used personal email account for FBI business

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics/comey-emails-ig-report/index.html

And it just continues on and on...

Report: Trump Using Personal Cell Phone a Lot More, Just in Case His Calls Weren't Insecure Enough Already

So of course President Donald Trump is increasingly ditching government-approved communications methods to instead use his personal device, CNN reported on Monday.

And on and on...

At least 5 Trump aides used personal email for public business

How long to play the what-about game?

Edited by Silurian
  • Like 2

And there's the long running saga of VP Pence's private AOL account that he used for government business when he was governor of Indiana, and that was later hacked.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/03/why-mike-pences-private-email-account-is-way-different-from-hillary-clintons/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4e6fafc17328

Not saying what Pence did was illegal. Just that people with glass email accounts shouldn't be throwing bricks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 1:18 PM, riclag said:

I hope the DOJ doesn't fire Stroz until the house subpoena's him,so American's can find out about the Insurance policy that him and L. Page discussed in their txt messages.

Why are Republicans hiding Peter Strzok’s testimony?

On Thursday Trump tweeted that Strzok “was given poor marks on yesterday’s closed-door testimony” and that Strzok’s role in the Russia investigation was further evidence of the “witch hunt” against him. But although the president himself had called for Strzok’s testimony to be public, Congress did not agree.

These congressmen who claim to be interested in transparency and full disclosure should be eager to make Strzok’s testimony public — particularly since the president claims that testimony will provide evidence of the “witch hunt” against him. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-are-republicans-hiding-peter-strzoks-testimony/2018/06/29/8ac02ade-7bbe-11e8-93cc-6d3beccdd7a3_story.html?utm_term=.282ddcac0bc3