Visa run by air

Hi,

I am on holiday in Thailand from New Zealand.

As I am here for 10 weeks and I assume I will need to leave before my 28 days expires and then come back with less than 28 days before my flight back to NZ.

Am I correct in thinking that I need to come back by air to get another 28 days as by land crossing is only 15 days?

i was think of going to Laos for a couple of weeks by air to make it work, does this make sense or is there a flaw in my plan?

cheers for any advice

You should’ve entered with a tourist visa then you wouldn’t need to do a visa run.

You received permission to stay for 30 days, not 28. You can extend that stay by 30 days at a local immigration office (1,900 baht) before doing a visa run, or extend the next 30 day entry. Two 30 day entries and one extension of stay will cover your 10 weeks.

You get 30 days when entering, without a visa, by land or air; land entries are limited to two per calendar year. 

Laos is a good choice, but you don’t need to stay for two weeks if you extend one of your 30 day entries to Thailand.

Thanks Elvia....sorry , yes 30 not 28?

i am happy to be able to hang out in Vientiane for a couple of weeks for a change.

Am I correct in thinking that if I do the trip by air that I will get 30 more days and only 15 days by land.

i have a return ticket with a departure date of August 22.

thanks

2 minutes ago, nzthai said:

Am I correct in thinking that if I do the trip by air that I will get 30 more days and only 15 days by land.

You will get 30 days by air or land. The 15 day entry rule was rescinded in January of 2017.